Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Question The Worst Day At Disneyland?

Now generally speaking, we all have fun whenever we go to Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom - after all, it is 'the happiest place on earth'. But sometimes, NEGATIVITY prevails and we have a LOWSY day.

Have you ever had a horrible time at Disneyland or a horrible thing happen to you when you were there?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: The Worst Day At Disneyland?

I actually had a trip report about it, I ended up getting so sick, I had 2 panic attacks on the way home.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Oh my Goodness!

Well....I can't think of a trip that was over all bad - but one of my least favorite trips was last July. It was That weekend - when it was somewhere around 103 degrees in Anahiem. I had been on a company retreat the week before hand and had 1)gotten slightly dehydrated that week and 2) the night before we hit DL a few of us had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much to drink. So....the next day being hung over and dehydrated in that heat was pretty misrable. We had Balcony seating for Fantasmic that night and I think they overbooked themselves or something because our party and one other didn't get seated until about 5 minutes before the show - we were there early and everyone else got seated right away. My party and the other didn't have a table and had pretty crappy seats for the show - but we were happy to be there and the CMs were very nice despite what looked like their mistake. But the other party spent the whole time complaining and whining and throwing hissy fits. I was already feeling pretty sick and tired and was disappointed about our seats and the lack of orginization w/ the Fantasmic Seating (i've done it before and it was GREAT.....I knew this wasn't the norm) and these people drove me crazy. My sister was in a bad mood from there on out too- not my favorite trip....

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

In August 2001 - my wife (then Fiancee) and I took two boys (brothers) we knew to the resort. We notes from Mom and Dad saying we were the guardians for the day and so forth - in the event of an emergency.

When we got in to the parks, the younger brother (9 at the time) wouldn't get on one single ride. I ended up a paying in $5 to get on California Screamin' and he screamed for his Mom the entire time.

WE got IN to Disneyland.....and he just wanted to shop the whole time. Not what we had in mind, but whatever.

Older brother tells me "He has Tourette's Syndrome". My wife and I looked at each other and our mouthes dropped open.

Later in the day the elder brother when into an asthma attack and forgot his inhaler. So we had to seek medical help on that.

Took the two on Pirates and younger brother, who is 9, cried for his Mommy.

Now - if the younger brother has these issues, that is ok. I am fine with that and I am not making fun. BUT these are MEGA issues and the parents should have told us about these things PRIOR to our trip - and they did not.

Our trip was cut short - because wife and I just couldn't handle it anymore. Older brother wanted to "RUN" younger brother wanted to 'shop' and not get on anything at all because he got 'air sick' - although loved the Mad Tea Party and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin - go figure.

Anyway, that was one of my WORST times.

I guess I have been fortunate. I have had a couple of bad experiences with rude people and annoying kids, but nothing that was bad enough to ruin an entire day.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    I guess I have been fortunate. I have had a couple of bad experiences with rude people and annoying kids, but nothing that was bad enough to ruin an entire day.

Lucky thing is - we had/have AP's so we could come back and have more fun later on our own.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

I cannot say I have ever had a bad day at Disneyland. I also cannot say that I have had "perfect days" but certainly, my best day of perfection was still not as good as my worst day at Disneyland.

But.... let me put some thought into this. Here are the top ten reasons you could actually have a bad day at Disneyland....

10. You step in Bibbitty-Bobbitty-Boo.

9. You actually find your own name on a tombstone at the Haunted Mansion.

8. Someone sells you a fastpass to Innoventions.

7. Strollers and ... well, just strollers.

6. "Your attention please..........we're closed."

5. Someone asks you where the "Barbie and the 12 Princesses" ride is.

4. You are smiled at by tons of older men and suddenly realize you accidentally wore your Captain EO shirt.

3. Riding Winnie The Pooh.... no joke here.... just riding Winnie The Pooh.

2. You use your fastpass to Innoventions.

1. The day is over and you have to leave.

Cheers everyone.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    I cannot say I have ever had a bad day at Disneyland. I also cannot say that I have had "perfect days" but certainly, my best day of perfection was still not as good as my worst day at Disneyland.

But.... let me put some thought into this. Here are the top ten reasons you could actually have a bad day at Disneyland....

10. You step in Bibbitty-Bobbitty-Boo.

9. You actually find your own name on a tombstone at the Haunted Mansion.

8. Someone sells you a fastpass to Innoventions.

7. Strollers and ... well, just strollers.

5. Someone asks you where the "Barbie and the 12 Princesses" ride is.

4. You are smiled at by tons of older men and suddenly realize you accidentally wore your Captain EO shirt.

3. Riding Winnie The Pooh.... no joke here.... just riding Winnie The Pooh.

2. You use your fastpass to Innoventions.

1. The day is over and you have to leave.

Cheers everyone.
    That's awesome - with a touch of "David Letterman" here! Right on!

I've had a couple of bad days at Disneyland... but the worst day I had was the very first time I went to Disneyland. I was about 12 and was very excited because I didnt live in California. I went with my whole family on a really hot, crowded summer day and my dad was really stressing out because of the crowds and was very temperamental which caused me to get a horrible migraine. So I layed down in the back area by New Orleans square for an hour hoping it would go away and then rode on the railroad for another hour with my mom but my migraine didn't go away and I had to go back to the hotel So my first trip I only went on one ride and didnt get any souveniers.

• Circle of Ancients

i went during christmas time w/ my family (i have aps) we got into the park at around 8: 30 at night and main street was outragous! there were so many ppl trying to wait to see the fireworks you could not move. after standing around for about fifteen minutes, disney cms found a way to get ppl trying to go to other land through stores. but everyone was pushing and shoving. one person made my sister cry. when we finally got to the end of main street, everything had super long waits so we ended up taking the train from tommarrowland back to main street and then went home

• Silent Lucidity

It was two years ago, we were staying at the Crowne Plaza. I got food poisoning from breakfast at a resturant near the hotel. I felt terrible about 11:00 AM and we went to catch the bus back to the hotel. I thought I was going to hurl in the bushes as we were walking across the esplanade! That would have been the worst, both the act and the symbology of it!!

Worst day at DL.....

We had been having a rough week. So we decided to go to DL to cheer ourselves up a bit. The boys wanted to see Pooh, Tigger, etc. So we waited in line. When we got to Eeyore I took a pic of my oldest son with him and grabbed his hand to pull him towards me. He got a glimpse of the "nail" in Eeyore's tail and reached out to touch it (I should mention my son is severely autistic and non-verbal). He didn't touch it (I pulled him back) but the CM saw this and decided to poke fun at my son. So he went on and on about how my son tried to pull Eeyore's tail. I tried to laugh it off but the CM wouldn't let up and soon the whole crowd and Eeyore were in on it. So the CM says, "I'll let you off the hook if you say one word, Sorry." So by this time I was getting upset and said very kindly, "He can't talk, he's autistic." By the time I'd finished saying it, I was crying. The CM apologized. He had no idea. But it still hurt. I take the boys to DL to try to have fun. This time, not so much.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    Um, the mouse out front should have told you we were closed.

Great list.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Minion

Red Face Re: The Worst Day At Disneyland?

Years ago I ate a hot dog from the "Mile long bar" back when it was Bear Country. A few hours later, while waiting for the Electrical Parade near It's a Small World, I suddenly got really, really sick to my stomach and ran to the bathrooms near Videoplois and puked so hard I nearly fell face first into the toilet. Afterwards I still felt like crap so the rest of my evening wasn't so hot.

History repeated itself a couple of years later. Ate another dog only this time I had to go to the bathroom for the most urgent reason possible. Learned a valuable lesson about hot dogs though. NEVER eat a hot dog from Disneyland again. Never, ever ever.

• no flash photography...

the day I was really sick and had a fever. I slept on the mark twain on a box ...LOL...it was also raining that day.

any day i get a migrain in the park....usually induced by bright flashes in dark rides....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast