Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: DisneyLand secrets (shhh)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    There is a guy on splash mountain who sits in the dark in a chair...Right before you go up the highest hill for the big drop.
    omg, no wonder! One time me and my friends were having fun and randomly started rocking the boat, when we heard "stop rocking the boat" from somewhere...thought they were speakers or something.

okay, this mysstery splash cast member thing--just why this thread was started! Can't wait to go, and look for him/her! My kids love it when I tell them about these little tid-bits I learn here. thanks

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    Does anyone have a photo of this guy?

I'd get one but I don't want to get chastised for using flash photography.

Inside the Matterhorn on the 5th level is that mini half basketball court (everyone knows this) and a checkers/chess board painted onto a box. This is where the maintenance crew for Skyway hung out. The elevator up is a rickety scary scary ride. But once you're up top, the view of the park is amazazing. The ride itself occupies 4 stories of the mountain.

And while we're on the Matterhorn, there's a tribute to Frank G. Wells, executive who died in a helicopter crash. Some would say that's where the Eisner regime began to shoot downward.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hooterville, USA

If you go to the top floor of TDA's parking structure, you can see where they house the parade floats. You can also see where they keep the horses that pull you down main street. If it's a breezy day, you'll be able to smell where they stable the horses. P.U.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    This is probably known by everyone here but here goes:

There is a real pet cemetary in the Haunted Mansion que. Ask a CM and they will take you to it.
    Do you mean the obvious one outside the mansion next to the que line or is there a hidden one? Can you post a pic? I might know of which you speak but im not sure.

LOL I love the hidden park behind the sign thing,,,,classic
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    And while we're on the Matterhorn, there's a tribute to Frank G. Wells, executive who died in a helicopter crash. Some would say that's where the Eisner regime began to shoot downward.
    What and where is the tribute?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Rat Tat Tat.

The Tower of Terror is 11 stories tall according to Anaheim city permits.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The CM that sits at the bottom of the lift hill is part of the shift rotation, so they don't have to stay there long.

The position is required by Disney Safety Lawyers, and was a compromise to installing lap bars and/or seatbelts, or making the height requirement taller.
    Hey Darkbeer, what exactly is this person watching for and do they have the ability to e-stop the ride?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Comin' at ya!

They make sure everyone stays in the boats and they don't do anything stupid

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    What and where is the tribute?
    The "crystal room" at the top of the Matterhorn right past the first sighing of the Abominable Snowman has a box of snow gear labeled "Wells Expedition".

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by revol yensid View Post
    The Tower of Terror is 11 stories tall according to Anaheim city permits.
    It's also 199 feet tall because if they made it 200 feet, they would have had to put red lights on the roof. That would have ruined the theming seeing as the tower existed in the early 1900's. I've also heard that ToT takes so much power that it's power grid is used with Harbor Blvd. Completely separated from the other DCA attractions and buildings.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Comin' at ya!

Anyone else got any cool secrets? Here's one:

I'm sure you all know this, but the spider web on the glass for Haunted Mansion (where the ballroom scene is) is actually a cover up for a crack. Some person brought a gun and shot at the glass so instead of spending mucho money to fix it, they hired a guy to draw a spider web and spider (they did this in WDW so it matched).

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

As for the Splash Mountain CM, their job is to watch the guests going up the lift hill, and making sure they remain seated, and don't do other "dumb" things. And yes, there is an E-Stop switch that the CM can use, along with a microphone, and a telephone to the control booth.

Safety first, but it did halp save the ride, as major changes in the operation of the ride is the oither choice.

Though I still have fun at Knott's, I know the trick in triggering the automated warning system they use (without breaking the safety rules).

If you know the trick, you can cause an pre-recorded voice to come over the speakers.... "SIT DOWN!!"
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• love my friends

the matterhorn shrinks about 1 inch every year

there is also a full size basketball court inside the matterhorn (learned this stuff when i first started to work at DCA)

Friends for life

• Boat shoes all day long

Ever heard the secret of the "Ghost Keel Boat?"
    This is only known to a handful of CM's and a couple suits of the in-house disney legal council. Here's what they know:

About a year after Disneyland decided to use these boats as an attraction, one very tall and lanky CM decided to take a boat for it's maiden cruise after park visiting hours had ended. As he was making his way down the dock to where the boat had been sitting awaiting its use one of the stray cats that reside inside the park tripped up his footing. The fall would have been heard by other late night workers, but because he landed in in some mud, there was no after-shock.
    The CM had broken his neck and was injuring himself even further while he attempted to get to his feet. He slipped again, this time falling through some rotted wood and into the boat. This time he wasn't able to get up. In a great state of shock, he laid there with eyes wide open, knowing the end was near.

About 2 hours had passed and the CM was beginning to fade. He heard a rustling in the bushes between the Haunted Mansion and where Splash Mountain would someday be and did everything he could to get a look at what was in there. It was the hitch hikers! 2 whispy characters began to march his way. One was holding, what looked like an old time brief case, the other rather short and bald, advanced onto the dock and stopped at the hole that the CM had created during his second fall.

After tieing-off, the keel boat made its way down the rivers of america. This is when other CM's from around the park began to notice something strange. From Fort Wilderness sounds of a band of trumpets was playing the Civil War Hymn, while, and this is pure word of mouth, a faint 3-gun salute was heard near Thunder Mountain.

The CM's raced to the edge of the river, only to watch as the boat proceeded at a very slow pace down the river. From out of nowhere, Mickey, Minnie, Doland, and Goofy came over to comfort the on-looking Cm's.
    "Uh Hyuck! G'warsh, sure is sad about what happened", said Goofy as he looked in the distace, big dog tears welling up in his eyes.

Mickey, who seemed to be in deep thought finally spoke to the group of characters and cast members. He explained that although this may seem very strange to the CM's, it has happened before. The same type of thing occured on two occasions in the parks' early years. He explained in further detail that the spirits of those CM's that had passed many years ago were the two hitchhiking ghosts at the end of the Haunted Mansion. Mickey assured them that this was not a bad thing, another hitchhiking ghost added to the crew, why not!

You now notice there being three hitchhiking ghosts at the end of the HM ride. The above is the reason why.
    Last edited by BoygunaSurf; 11-04-2006 at 05:05 PM.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast