Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• Boat shoes all day long

Re: DisneyLand secrets (shhh)

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    the matterhorn shrinks about 1 inch every year

there is also a full size basketball court inside the matterhorn (learned this stuff when i first started to work at DCA)
    It's not full size; let's be realistic here. A full-sized basketball court is 94 feet long and 50 feet wide. That would not fit in the top of the mountain, but maybe they squished it all up you know? Like a toon-town CRAZY court or something?!

No.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    It's also 199 feet tall because if they made it 200 feet, they would have had to put red lights on the roof. That would have ruined the theming seeing as the tower existed in the early 1900's. I've also heard that ToT takes so much power that it's power grid is used with Harbor Blvd. Completely separated from the other DCA attractions and buildings.
    That's close, it's only 183 feet tall.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    It's not full size; let's be realistic here. A full-sized basketball court is 94 feet long and 50 feet wide. That would not fit in the top of the mountain, but maybe they squished it all up you know? Like a toon-town CRAZY court or something?!

No.

i have heard different things.. a full size one, and i have hard a condensed one.. so i dont know.. but i do know there is one there for CM's to play

Friends for life

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    i have heard different things.. a full size one, and i have hard a condensed one.. so i dont know.. but i do know there is one there for CM's to play

I've seen a picture of it. It's barely half a court. It's not used by the cast members anymore because it is used for storage.

• DisneyFan

Here it is, courtesy of Snopes.com
    Looks like just a freethrow line, and not much else.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    Anyone else got any cool secrets? Here's one:

I'm sure you all know this, but the spider web on the glass for Haunted Mansion (where the ballroom scene is) is actually a cover up for a crack. Some person brought a gun and shot at the glass so instead of spending mucho money to fix it, they hired a guy to draw a spider web and spider (they did this in WDW so it matched).
    I also read in this thread thanks to barfownz that they would have had to remove the entire ceiling in order to replace the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Inside the Matterhorn on the 5th level is that mini half basketball court (everyone knows this) and a checkers/chess board painted onto a box. This is where the maintenance crew for Skyway hung out. The elevator up is a rickety scary scary ride. But once you're up top, the view of the park is amazazing. The ride itself occupies 4 stories of the mountain.
    It's on the first story. I know because I visited it when my party was evacuated from the mountain.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

All of my secrets are often spoke of here so I am not sure I can add anything "ground shaking" but here goes:

1. The next time you are in Winnie the Pooh, look up and behind you as you exit the (ugly and low budget) dream room, and you will see the original Country Bear Moose Heads. Actually, I know both are not moose and they had names but I have forgetten them. I have a great pic somewhere. It's sometimes hard to see... the easiest thing to do is to turn on your flash of your camera and the next time you go through, sit in the back of the ride and extend your hands over the rear of the ride and take the photo backwards... I mean, the camera facing the rear... and it will be clear as day.

Disney Road

11/1/06

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

On the Haunted Mansion ride, in the attic room on the left, there is a toilet hidden in a small chest of drawers. You just have to open the top of the chest and there it is, complete with toilet paper. It is toward the back of the room. It had a vase of flowers on it and a book next to the vase, as I recall. They, of course, have since remolded that area, so not sure how it looks now. I think the new bride is fairly close to it. It actually works and was put in there when the Mansion was contructed. No one uses it for obvious reasons... it is in the ride...too creepy, and there are cameras everywhere.

• Can see my car from here

Didn't see this one posted yet—

Disneyland's street address is 1313 Harbor Blvd.

The 13th letter of the alphabet is "M".

1313= MM...

Guess who lives at this address?!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'm Ook View Post
    Didn't see this one posted yet—

Disneyland's street address is 1313 Harbor Blvd.

The 13th letter of the alphabet is "M".

1313= MM...

Guess who lives at this address?!
    you right this have not post here but a lot of Thread have been done.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Embrace the kitsch!

Post Re: DisneyLand secrets (shhh)

Most of the scenes on BTRR, and even a couple along the Rivers of America, were carried over from the Nature's Wonderland Mine Train. The coyotes, turtles, beavers, scratching bear, and even the little town at the beginning are all originals.

The trail between Frontierland and Fantasyland opened up in the mid-80's in expectation of that area becoming Discovery Bay. That's why it's so unglamorous out there, w/ the big payload doors and the occasional smell of trash. It's actually a path cut right through backstage.

The Main Street Opera House was the first permanent structure built--because the contractors needed a building that big to store and cut the lumber! City Hall was built second.

Rancho del Zocalo was converted from Casa Mexicana at the time of the new Zorro movie w/ Antonio Banderas, and the restaurant was supposed to have a Zorro theme. This idea was dropped (I've heard because of a rights issue.) and all that remains is a silhouette of Zorro on the sign. The building w/ the kitchen and serving stations used to house a display of rocks glowing under black light!

The first Tomorrowland represented the year 1986, chosen because that would be the next pass of Halley's Comet. Yes, people really did believe we would be taking pleasure trips to the moon by then!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

not sure if it is true or not... but I heard that if you go up to the captain door of the mark twain and knock 3 times and say I'm here for my shift, they will let you in and make it seem as if you are driving it even though it is on a track, and you can blow the horn ( I think) does anyone know of this? or if it is even true?

• Comin' at ya!

That would be sweet if it were true. Anyone know?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast