Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: DisneyLand secrets (shhh)

Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006
    There is a guy on splash mountain who sits in the dark in a chair...Right before you go up the highest hill for the big drop.
    This 168% TRUE!

Ive learned this from another Disney fanatic when i saw him take a photo of the CM with the flash on! In blinded him like a deer in headlights.

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    This 168% TRUE!

Ive learned this from another Disney fanatic when i saw him take a photo of the CM with the flash on! In blinded him like a deer in headlights.
    LOL great wording.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    not sure if it is true or not... but I heard that if you go up to the captain door of the mark twain and knock 3 times and say I'm here for my shift, they will let you in and make it seem as if you are driving it even though it is on a track, and you can blow the horn ( I think) does anyone know of this? or if it is even true?
    I do not know about knock, I can tell you you can ask the captain CM if you can pilots Mark Twain.

and one this
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Banned User

Do you have to be a child to pilot the Mark Twain?

• Comin' at ya!

Oooooh that's cool, especially for a kid. Do they still do that?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Do you have to be a child to pilot the Mark Twain?
    I did on my 46 birthday, I say that you not need be a child to pilot Mark Twain.
    Yes a Child can Pilot the mark Twain.

all you need is to ask CM.
    Alan

Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    Do you mean the obvious one outside the mansion next to the que line or is there a hidden one? Can you post a pic? I might know of which you speak but im not sure.

LOL I love the hidden park behind the sign thing,,,,classic
    It is a different one. I believe you have to ask a CM and they will take you to the other pet cemetary. This was taken from a previous thread on Micechat:

When walking up the Mansion, this hidden pet graveyard is on the right side. Just ask a cast member, most will let you take pictures. I worked the Mansion way before the kinda new pet graveyard on the show front on the left appeared. A few of the pet grave markers are copies from this old one. It was installed for guests that are handicapped from what I recall. Going on a slow day is best.

Here is something I found on the web:

Now where this gets interesting is -- while the Haunted Mansion's first graveyard disappeared for a number of years -- a second set of stones suddenly appeared next to the attraction's handicap access entrance.

Photo by Jeff Lange
    As I understand it, this second graveyard at Disneyland's Haunted Mansion was actually created so that guests in wheelchairs who were waiting to be loaded into this New Orleans Square ride would then have something entertaining to look at while they waited.
    Now I know that this pet cemetery looks kind of .. Well ... bare bones. But there's a good reason for that.

Photo by Jeff Lange
    You see, the statues on these pedestals weren't actually sculpted by the artists at WED ...

Photo by Jeff Lange
    ... But -- rather -- were purchased at local area gardening supply stores. (Don't believe me? Then check out the mouth of that concrete toad. See that tiny hole? That's there because this statue was originally designed to be an ornamental fixture for a backyard fountain.)
    Still, the Haunted Mansion's pet cemetery proved to be so popular with Disneyland visitors that the Imagineers eventually built a much more elaborate version in 1993 and then folded this one into the attraction's pre-existing queue.

Photo by Jeff Lange
    Though -- having learned a few things about how to keep guests moving through a queue in those intervening years -- WDI deliberately set up the Haunted Mansion's second pet cemetery so that (just as the comical headstones do at WDW's version of this attraction) guests would have to keep moving forward in line in order to read all of the humorous inscriptions.

Photos by Jeff Lange
    Last edited by doombuggy driver; 11-05-2006 at 07:58 AM.
    Foolish Mortal

• Kevin's a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    ^ Ya, its just a CM. If you look off to the right just before you go up the lifthill you might be able to see him/her.
    Talk about a topic long ago, but I remember last Saturday, we went and the log in front of us screamed as we were going up the hill. I looked to see what was up and there was a flashlight shining and an open door. As we got up to the spot, the door closed. I guess there is a man there.

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Here's a little secret...

There is all this talk about taking the roof off of the ballroom in order to get new glass in. Sorta......

There is actually one full pane of glass actually IN the ballroom behind the fireplace wall. In the event one breaks, they move the fireplace wall and get their pane of glass.

• Capturing it in a Photo

9 people have died in Disneyland.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Photographer View Post
    9 people have died in Disneyland.
    Please elaborate!
    Foolish Mortal

• Capturing it in a Photo

• May 1964: Mark Maples, a 15-year-old Long Beach, CA, resident, was killed when he tried to stand up on the Matterhorn Bobsleds. Maples (or his companion) foolishly unbuckled his seatbeat and attempted to stand up as their bobsled neared the peak of the mountain. Maples lost his balance and was thrown from the sled to the track below, fracturing his skull and ribs and causing internal injuries. He died three days later.
    • June 1966: Thomas Guy Cleveland, a 19-year-old Northridge, CA, resident, was killed when he attempted to sneak into Disneyland along the Monorail track. Cleveland scaled the park's sixteen-foot high outer fence on a Grad Nite and climbed onto the Monorail track, intending to jump or climb down once inside the park. Cleveland ignored a security guard's shouted warnings of an approaching Monorail train and failed to leap clear of the track. He finally climbed down onto a fiberglass canopy beneath the track, but the clearance wasn't enough -- the oncoming train struck and killed him, dragging his body 30 to 40 feet down the track.
    • August 1967: Ricky Lee Yama, a 17-year-old Hawthorne, CA, resident, was killed when he disregarded safety instructions and exited his People Mover car as the ride was passing through a tunnel. Yama slipped as he was jumping from car to car and was crushed to death beneath the wheels of oncoming cars.
    • June 1973: Bogden Delaurot, an 18-year-old Brooklyn resident, drowned trying to swim across the Rivers of America. Delaurot and his 10-year-old brother managed to stay on Tom Sawyer Island past its dusk closing time by climbing the fence separating the island from the burning settlers' cabin. When they decided to leave the island a few hours later, they chose to swim across the river rather than call attention to their rule-breaking by appealing to cast members for help. Because the younger brother did not know how to swim, Delaurot tried to carry him on his back as he swam to shore. Bogden Delaurot went down about halfway across the river. The younger boy remained afloat by dogpaddling until a ride operator hauled him aboard a boat, but Bogden was nowhere to be found. His body was not located by searchers until the next morning.
    • 7 June 1980: Gerardo Gonzales, a recent San Diego high school graduate, was killed on the People Mover in an accident much like the one that had befallen Ricky Lee Yama thirteen years earlier. Gonzales, in the early morning hours of a Grad Nite celebration, was climbing from car to car as the People Mover entered the SuperSpeed Tunnel adjacent to the former America Sings building. Gonzales stumbled and fell onto the track, where an oncoming train of cars crushed him beneath its wheels and dragged his body a few hundred feet before being stopped by a ride operator.
    • 4 June 1983: Philip Straughan, an 18-year-old Albuquerque, New Mexico, resident, also drowned in the Rivers of America in yet another Grad Nite incident. Straughan and a friend -- celebrating both their graduations and Straughan's eighteenth birthday -- had been drinking quite heavily that evening. They sneaked into a "Cast Members Only" area along the river and untied an inflatable rubber maintenance motorboat, deciding to take it for a joyride around the river. Unable to adequately control the boat, they struck a rock near Tom Sawyer Island, and Straughan was thrown into the water. His friend travelled back to shore to seek help, but Straughan drowned long before his body was finally located an hour later.
    • 3 January 1984: Dolly Regene Young, a 48-year-old Fremont, CA, resident, was killed on the Matterhorn in an incident remarkably similar to the first Disneyland guest death nearly twenty years earlier. About two-thirds of the way down the mountain Young was thrown from her seat into the path of an oncoming bobsled, her head and chest becoming pinned beneath its wheels. An examination of Young's sled revealed that her seatbelt was not fastened at the time of the accident, but because she was riding alone in the rear car of a sled no one could determine whether or not she had deliberately unfastened her belt.
    • 24 December 1998: In a tragic Christmas Eve accident, one Disneyland cast member and two guests were injured (one fatally) when a rope used to secure the sailing ship Columbia as it docked on the Rivers of America tore loose the metal cleat to which it was attached. The cleat sailed through air and struck the heads of two guests who were waiting to board the ship, Luan Phi Dawson, 33, of Duvall, Washington, and his wife, Lieu Thuy Vuong, 43. Dawson was declared brain dead two days later and died when his life support system was disconnected.
      This accident resulted in the first guest death in Disneyland's history that was not attributable to any negligence on the part of the guest (it was the result of a combination of insufficiently rigorous ride maintenance and an insufficiently experienced supervisor's assuming an attraction operator's role) and prompted a movement for greater government oversight of theme park operations and safety procedures.
    • 5 September 2003: A 22-year-old man, Marcelo Torres of Gardena, California, died, and several other guests were injured, when a locomotive separated from its train along a tunnel section of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Torres bled to death after suffering blunt force trauma of the chest.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Here is one for you

GRD999
    (this is room One)
    In the Haunted Mansion
    Do you know the stretching room there are two of them

Room One: she have a rose
    Room two: she do not have a rose
    Alan

Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Some of those plates (and other items) that are used as decoration above the serving stations at Rancho del Zocalo were bought on the very cheap from goodwill stores and still have price tags on them.

• Regular Newbie :)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

Though I still have fun at Knott's, I know the trick in triggering the automated warning system they use (without breaking the safety rules).

If you know the trick, you can cause an pre-recorded voice to come over the speakers.... "SIT DOWN!!"
    I do that all the time!!! haha when ever someone else is in the same log as me and my bf, they are like "What the heck is that?"

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast