Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy_Bird
    I waonder if that is the case... then could I take some firends out to diner at the blue bayou??
    If you were in and out within an hour. But I wouldn't count on being able to do that if your party is larger than two, and unless you're being seated at 11:30 am or 3:30 pm.

Our turnover rate is really high-- at lunch, it averages 30-40 minutes. At dinner, it averages 45-hour, but you have to account for a lot of walking time too, because of the high pedestrian traffic in New Orleans and Adventureland.

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    i just really would like to take my mom out or my mother inlaw or something for a nice dinner... that is all... and I dont think that she would want to ride anything... but would that count as having bought something... and could I buy a key chain and just ride the rides or does it have to be something significant?
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Disneyland Freak

You don't have to purchase anything. They ask you how much you spent but they don't ask for receipts or anything.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Used shopping pass on 5/17/05

DH and I had no clue at all about the shopping pass, but I found out about it from the lady at the newsstand/merchandise stand that's part inside and part outside DL. The CM at guest services pulled out a clipboard to put my name down for 2 shopping passes, and there were probably 20 or so names on the list (presumably of others who had gotten shopping passes). Maybe they're only doing it because of all the new 50th merchandise--we went in and got gold ears for our real day at the park the next day (in case they sold out of the adult size, which I think they did...I really wanted to wear them during our day at DL, for photos and also because it's more fun!) She did do the credit card imprint and stamped our left hands, but no one asked us anything about how much we spent or what we did when we came back. It's a good idea to come back in like 45 mins in case there's a long guest services line you have to wait through before returning your passes. Now that I know about the shopping pass, I'll be sure to ask for them next time, when I really want to enjoy Main Street and all its fabulous merchandise, as a fun way to gear up for a full day of DL rides and other attractions!!

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    I have never heard of such a thing...Dang it.

On my way to my Ex-Wifes house to pick up my Kids near oceanside, i would often stop at Downtown Disney to go to the World of Disney Store. And i could have been on MAIN STREET?... Dang.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• The Magics in the details

shopping passes are offered during certain times of the week. They are not offered after 4PM to prevent people from getting free admission to see the parade. Also, they won't void the sale unless you provide a recipt. You can't use a shopping pass to dine at an in-park restaraunt, becuase demand is already high enough for Blue Bayou if you just have the paying park guests, it wouldn't be fair to allow people without admission to jump in the mix as well. Also, they are VERY firm on the times. If you are more than 5 mins over the 1 hour mark, they will charge you. It's part of the agreement.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCM
    shopping passes are offered during certain times of the week. They are not offered after 4PM to prevent people from getting free admission to see the parade. Also, they won't void the sale unless you provide a recipt. You can't use a shopping pass to dine at an in-park restaraunt, becuase demand is already high enough for Blue Bayou if you just have the paying park guests, it wouldn't be fair to allow people without admission to jump in the mix as well. Also, they are VERY firm on the times. If you are more than 5 mins over the 1 hour mark, they will charge you. It's part of the agreement.
    Well I'm not sure how accurate your source is because we got our Shopping pass last Friday at 4:19 pm. It expired at 5:19 pm. They did not ask for a receipt. The CM said "And approximately how much do you think you spent inside the park." In no way insinuating proof of a receipt or any in-park purchases. Additionally, when acquiring the pass they don't ask you why you want one, so if you wanted to risk getting into the Bayou dining and getting back before the hour was up it would be completely up to you. There is really no way (under the current system, that is) that they could restrict you from eating anywhere (additionally, I'm sure they'd appreciate ANY money you spend inside with your SHOPPING pass regardless if its on a Mickey Mouse toothpick holder or a 5 dollar churro)

Just adding a few cents.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12