Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland Freak

DLR Shopping pass?

Hey there, I'm doing a geography portfolio on the land that the DLR occupies with my group. We're heading to DLR this Friday. Since we only need about an hour to walk around Disneyland we were thinking about taking advantage of the "shoppers pass" I'd heard about a while back. I have an annual pass but my other three group mates do not.

I was wondering what we do to obtain the hour-long shopping pass. I remember reading that we needed to leave a credit card on file and return before the hour is up or the price of the tickets would be charged to the card. Is it one hour-long entry per credit card or would they all three be able to get in with one credit card. Any other information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• All you need is LOVE

I do not know here is some info I found.

Guest Services

Phone Numbers....

Resort Information
    (714) 781-4565 †
    Disney Dining Reservations
    (714) 781-DINE †
    Disneyland® Resort Travel Packages
    (714) 520-5060 †
    Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort
    (714) 781-4565 †

Thought I would add on .....

For a complete list of hours, entertainment, events and refurbishments go to the Calendar section and enter the dates of your visit. Or you can contact the Disneyland® Resort Information Office (714) 781-7290.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    I was under the impression that DLR no longer offered "Shopping Passes." I thought they were phased out at about the same time that the big AP rate increase happened a while ago. But I may be wrong! :confused:

--J.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    I seriously doubt that the shopping pass is still in effect. I think it went out with the ticket books. In the ticket book days, you could spend a day in The Park without going on any attractions because everything required a separate ticket. But today there's nothing to keep "shoppers" off the attractions. The 1 hour limit sounds plausible, but still, I doubt it. The shopping pass used to be popular during the holiday season, but I'd be surprised to hear that it's still an option in 2005.

Let me know if you find out differently.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyJCA
    I seriously doubt that the shopping pass is still in effect. I think it went out with the ticket books. In the ticket book days, you could spend a day in The Park without going on any attractions because everything required a separate ticket. But today there's nothing to keep "shoppers" off the attractions. The 1 hour limit sounds plausible, but still, I doubt it. The shopping pass used to be popular during the holiday season, but I'd be surprised to hear that it's still an option in 2005.

Let me know if you find out differently.
    I know they had them as recently as a couple years ago. I think how it worked was, you had to give a credit card number (or swipe), and if you weren't back out at the guest services window within the alotted "1 hour" limit, they would charge a full day park admission to your account.

--J.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanIT
    I know they had them as recently as a couple years ago. I think how it worked was, you had to give a credit card number (or swipe), and if you weren't back out at the guest services window within the alotted "1 hour" limit, they would charge a full day park admission to your account.

--J.
    Interesting. I always thought the shopping pass was a good idea: let people into The Park to spend money, but they can't add to the cost of ride maintenance. Sounds like a win/win. Of course, I would have just gotten the cheap pass and then hung out until I had to leave just so I could "be there" (if you know what I mean, and I'm sure you do ).
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Still wants to be a cat!

I know at Christmas they let in people to Main Street only for Shopping (you can't leave Main Street with out a ticket or AP), but have never heard of a "Shopping pass", sounds like a good idea, all around!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• insufferable know-it-all

I have *never* heard of anyone not being able to leave Main Street.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I know for sure they had the shopping pass last year - I had some friends use it last May. Have not heard anything about this year. They way it worked, they gave credit card and when they returned in one hour, the CM did ask to see a receipt to show that they bought something.
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

• Just this guy......

I seem to remember they had this a few years ago during the Christmas season. Sorry that I do not remember the details. But I do believe that it existed at one time so your not crazy about asking for information.

• CharlesJ in NoCAL

i did a shopping pass in Feb. 2004 just to buy Candy at the Candy Palace. They issued one for two of use and:

Took my credit card number
    Issued tickets
    We were back in an hour and they did not charge my card...(however I think they said 45 minutes!)
    When it's time to go home and visit...It's time to go to Disneyland!!!

• Let me axe you something

My fiance and I used a Shopping Pass this past October (2004). We put both our passes on his credit card with no problem.

• Disneyland Freak

Oh so they charge the tickets to one credit card and when you return the void the sale? I hope they stil have this! Where did you guys go to acquire your pass?
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

• Disneyland Freak

We went to "Guest Services" and the CM was happy to help. You can get, assumedly as many people as you'd like in with the shoppping pass (we got all three of our group members in) but they all have to be with you (obviously) when you return before the one hour deadline.

Oh and after signing the agreement that you give Disney permission to charge you for the price of addmission after the time printed on the "receipt." They give you regular tickets but in the back it has the return time and the little disclaimer again about being charged. It has the card holders name on it, as well. In addition they stamp your left hand.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    I waonder if that is the case... then could I take some firends out to diner at the blue bayou??
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast