Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I'm sure this has been answered a thousand times but...

where are the fireworks shot off from, from a vacant lot... roof of building, where?

• Banned User

Re: I'm sure this has been answered a thousand times but...

Correct me if i'm wrong.

I heard they are shot behind the toontown hills. near the storage area for ride vehicles, and props.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I believe they launch from inside Toon Town, right? Thus, the reason the land closes early? For set-up and so that guests will not experience any fall-out from said fireworks.

Also, many fireworks for Remember... Dreams Come True are launched from the top of Fantasyland attraction buildings, the Castle, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Matterhorn, and a couple Main Street buildings.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I believe they launch from inside Toon Town, right? Thus, the reason the land closes early? For set-up and so that guests will not experience any fall-out from said fireworks.
    Actually, MG, the pyro setup is all behind Toontown (and hence it is always there), not in the land itself. So, barfownz got it right. The main site is indeed behind the Toontown hills amongst the storage/refurb buildings, and then there are two smaller sites waaay to the right and left, which is where the 'shooting star' ones (made famous by the "Believe" shows) are shot from.

I am not sure if I have located this, but there must be another site where the "nine in a row" fireworks are done - you know, the low-to-the-ground, colorful ones, and also the white slanted ones in the BTMRR section of R...DCT.

But what you said about firework fallout is absolutely true. There is an awning on one of the buildings nearest to the main site, and every time I have done Magic Music Days in that backstage area, I look for a spherical-shaped dent in it, where a faulty shell fell down and smacked the metal hard. That being said, we are always told to have shoes on when we are outside of the changing rooms.

Speaking of which, if anyone happens to be in the parks on November 22nd, the day before Thanksgiving, be sure to cheer for El Dorado Marching Band, as we will be marching prior to the nighttime Christmas Fantasy Parade.

• Banned User

Our Tour guide from Magic Music Days 2004 showed us where they launched the fireworks so thats how i got my 411.

• Hopping DLR for 40 Years

Pyro launchers in Disneyland

There are several locations at DLR where fireworks are launched - the picture shows the main (air powered) launcher site, and a couple of the backstage tower sites. There are several more towers, and even a couple of roof-top launchers.

[/IMG]

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: Pyro launchers in Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Frogs View Post
    There are several locations at DLR where fireworks are launched - the picture shows the main (air powered) launcher site, and a couple of the backstage tower sites. There are several more towers, and even a couple of roof-top launchers.

[/IMG]
    I was just getting ready to say, "I wonder if we can see them on local live?" looks like you beat me to it...

• Hola!

there are some launchers near the golden horshoe saloon, on the roof and behind it. They launch some fountains and some flares and i think they have lasers for the star tours section.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Vacant Lot?In Anahiem?You're funny

• Banned User

I thought that the fireworks were launched from one of the catwalks along(or around) the castle.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I thought it was magic in the sky?

Next you'll tell me there is no Santa Claus...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    I thought it was magic in the sky?

Next you'll tell me there is no Santa Claus...
    There isn't

I'm kidding

Maybe

That is pretty cool. I also thought they shot them off from Toon Town, but that makes sense why they close it down. I remember being behind the castle once and watching the fireworks, and I remember being disappointed because some of the fireworks come from the castle. But I had no idea they were that far back. I thought they were right behind until you posted the picture. Thanks!

• Minion

The fireworks look like they are launched directly behind the castle, its funny how they are so far back like dubeskin said

• Circle of Ancients

but i still think that they shoot some from toontown bc one time i took the train from new orleans square right after the fireworks and me and my family saw a bunch of smoldering fireworks containers and stuff. it was dark, but i am pretty sure i saw something
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• I'm not really here

Well, if you time the explosion to the flash you find that they are about 1/3 of a mile from the front of the hub which puts it well behind Toon Town proper. And for about 2 years now Disney hasn't used black powder launch tubes, but pneumatic tubes of Disney's own invention, so there wouldn't be any smoldering, just larch puffs of air. They close Toon Town because it is a fallout zone for the fireworks. This is also why they close the Castle courtyard during Remember.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast