Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Space Mountain Memories

What memories do you have of Space Mountain?

One of the memories I have of Space Mountain is always seeing that robot with the blue cap to the left of the loading area, he would always lift up his blue cap as a form of saing hello.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    I remember when Space Mountain really rocked, before the stupid Fedex crap (including the package scanner robot), and before the Dick Dale silliness that led to the ride's ultimate demise...

• Official Mice Chat person

But it also lead to the rides awsome re-hab .

I remember eating at pizza port staring up at the line and telling my family to hurry and finish their pizza, because I wanted to run up to space mountain before the line got to long.
    I also remember teh big octogon sun thing... *scratches head*

• Sock Puppet

I remember those stupid films you saw in the queue with the "spacey" uniforms. Ugh. Oh, the cheesiness.

• Minion

Last edited by Michelle; 09-25-2005 at 08:46 PM.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I liked the music and thought it made the ride seem faster. The first lift especially.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Circle of Ancients

My fondest was getting a ride on it on the last day of operation. Nobody knew at the time it was the last day of operation, so when I heard I was of course sad. But then happy that I was one of the last people to ever ride the old version.

I miss SM ... Can't wait for it to reopen.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

When did Fed Ex become the sponsor and did it change anything at all to the ride?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!
    my fav. memory was when i didnt want to go on, i was in 5th grade and i went on a trip after school with an old friend named Chanse, i was a wuss and didnt go on, but then i went on later that day and it was so fun, i've loved it ever since...i cant wait for the new SM....
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Am_I_Demon
    my fav. memory was when i didnt want to go on, i was in 5th grade and i went on a trip after school with an old friend named Chanse, i was a wuss and didnt go on, but then i went on later that day and it was so fun, i've loved it ever since...i cant wait for the new SM....
    I had a similar experience. I was maybe 7 or 8, and for as long as I could remember my brother and his friend always talked about how fast it went and how scary it was. So my mom took us for our birthdays, and we got in line, and I was freaking out. Just freaking out! I was so scared to go on it, and I cried the whole line long, and once I got on, I loved it and wanted to go over and over again.

• Minion

I have no memories, i've never been on it yet. I still can't believe it, i've been going to Disneyland since 1987 too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I don't remember whether it was a rainy day or what, but for some reason the park was not very full one day about 10 years ago. My ex would not ride Space Mountain (or any other coaster.) There was NO LINE for Space Mountain! I have never seen this before... so I went on by myself, kept going back around and rode the darn thing FIVE TIMES IN A ROW! I would have kept going but my ex was getting tired of just standing around waiting... and probably rightly so. I'll never forget that day.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Banned User

I remember those awsome commericals they used to play in the queue:

"This is the Galactic News Network. You give us 20 million nanoseconds and we'll give you the GALAXY."

• That's Hawt

I remember stuffing my shoes to be just tall enough to ride! :devil:
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• CM for 4 years!

I barely remember anything about it, except standing on the second level in the queue in the hot hot hot summer sun. And how nice it was once you got inside. And there was a little robot scanning packages.

And FedEx is far superior to UPS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast