• "Roast Duck"

Donald Duck Merchandise...

So why doesnt DL sell more Donald Duck related merchandise? Donald Duck is by far one of the greatest Disney Characters...but he lacks in the merch. dept. I want to collect Donald stuff...but quite frankly...there's nothing really out there...except for pins and mugs, which I have, a few plush, that cost A LOT!(dont have yet)

Why doesnt disney sell more figurines of him, maybe some posters, picture frames with donald only...I like the fab 5...i have nothing against all the merch. with them on it...but Donald deserves to be solo sometimes...just like mickey does....

Anyone know of good places to find cool donald stuff at the resort?
    Went to a party the other night
    All the ladies were treating me right
    Moving my feet to the disco beat
    How in the world could I keep my seat
    All of a sudden I began to change
    I was on the dance floor acting strange
    Flapping my arms I began to cluck
    Look at me..I'm the disco duck

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

• e komo mai

This is a good question. Everytime I go to the park I look for new Donald stuff. No luck. I had to buy a Donald Duck big fig online because the park didn't have it. Lame! I hear that one of the reasons is that Donald's neck is too fragile to have him as a PVC, resin or porcelain character. They used to have to write off a lot of busted Donald merch and it became costly.
    If Grumpy gets his own line of shirts and figures, Donald definitely should. I mean, Donald is one of the Fab Five Disney Characters...
    Donald saved Disney cartoons when people became bored of Mickey. He deserves a little respect.
    The only good thing about this is that I only collect Donald. Think of all the money I'm saving by them not releasing cool Donald stuff...

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I hear that one of the reasons is that Donald's neck is too fragile to have him as a PVC, resin or porcelain character. They used to have to write off a lot of busted Donald merch and it became costly.
    Quoted to add:
    They do have Donald characters out there but they're usually behind glass...

• Minion

i work in stores and i always get guests that come up to me and are like "how come you dont sell any donald merchandise?" i honestly dont have an answer to their question. but i know we did sell a couple tshirts and maybe a sweatshirt or two. i know we do have the stuffed plush and i know we have this magnet thingy of him too. your best place to find donald merchandise in DL is probably Clothears or the Emporium.
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

• /sigh

Here, here! Donald's the man!..er..Duck! He and Daisy are my fave by far!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• With my wife....

You know who they should have more merchandise for? The duck professor guy from the old cartoons.... does anybody know his name?

I have a pin of him, but I haven't been able to find anything else.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• /sigh

I believe his name is Prof Ludwig Van Drake. Yes?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Quote Originally Posted by Disneychica04
    i work in stores and i always get guests that come up to me and are like "how come you dont sell any donald merchandise?" i honestly dont have an answer to their question. but i know we did sell a couple tshirts and maybe a sweatshirt or two. i know we do have the stuffed plush and i know we have this magnet thingy of him too. your best place to find donald merchandise in DL is probably Clothears or the Emporium.
    Ah! Please don't send guests to mainstreet for merch if your not sure we have it! So much of the rest of Disneyland tells searching guests "umm...we don't have it, but the Emporium will definently have it", and then we get frustrated guests in the Emporium at the fact that we don't stock every single piece of Disney merchandise past, present, future, and imagined.

That being said, we do have some Donald stuff. Clothiers and Showcase have the 9" Donald plush dolls, Clothiers has a black DD b-ball cap with him wearing sunglasses, we have magnet beanie plushes of DD at the Emporium and I think some DD style pens, but little beyond that.
    Conversely for some weird weird reason, we seem to be accumulating alot of Pluto merchandise. I don't know why...nobody cares, they want Goofy and Donald stuff.