Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Comin' at ya!

Re: Knock of of Pirates of the Caribbean

[quote=Opus1guy;1082440]And for your viewing enjoyment (and possible future nightmares), here's a cheese and crackers version of all of Disneyland!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/japan2004/nara1.htm

That was really depressing, why isn't anyone there?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof
    lolololol ...sorry, all i could do is laugh

does disney have any sort of international copyright?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    Of course they do, and they will defend it vigorously. However, generally speaking, you can't copyright and IDEA.
    Um, what? There is no such thing as an international copyright.

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl100.html

That aside, yes, you cannot copyright an idea. However, you can infringe on someone's expression of that idea. You further cannot create a derivative work of that expression without the original author's permission (in the United States). Different countries have their own wildly varying rules.
    Last edited by Chernabog; 11-05-2006 at 11:37 PM.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Um, what? There is no such thing as an international copyright.

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl100.html

That aside, yes, you cannot copyright an idea. However, you can infringe on someone's expression of that idea. You further cannot create a derivative work of that expression without the original author's permission (in the United States). Different countries have their own wildly varying rules.
    Thanks for the information, I didn't realise there was no international copyright.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

hahahahahahah!!!!!! wow! Es....interesante...MUY interesante. Si?

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Talking Re: Knock of of Pirates of the Caribbean

The Pirates rip-off and the Nara stuff is truly scary! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see an Indy rip-off just for a good laugh. They'd probably call the Allan Quatermain Adventure, Temple of the Foreboding Eyebrow!

• I'm not really here

Here's a complete Disneyland rip-off park.
    www.themeparkreview.com/japan2004/nara1.htm

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Here's a complete Disneyland rip-off park.
    www.themeparkreview.com/japan2004/nara1.htm
    You must have skipped over Post #13 and several other posts after that where we were discussing Nara.

• I'm not really here

Must have. Sorry

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

There have been rip-offs of Disneyland right here in the United States. But "rip-off" is highly subjective, right? I mean...much of Disneyland is a rip-off of things that came before.

See if any of the scenes in this film look familiar to you. They are from a short-lived theme park right here in the U.S. that opened in 1960, called "Freedomland."

http://www.archive.org/stream/Travel...land_256kb.mp4

I don't know about you...but I think someone had recently been to Disneyland!

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    There have been rip-offs of Disneyland right here in the United States. But "rip-off" is highly subjective, right? I mean...much of Disneyland is a rip-off of things that came before.

See if any of the scenes in this film look familiar to you. They are from a short-lived theme park right here in the U.S. that opened in 1960, called "Freedomland."

If you want to know why Freedomland resembles Disneyland, read the article on Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedomland_U.S.A.
    Read the part "Woody and Walt"

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    If you want to know why Freedomland resembles Disneyland, read the article on Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedomland_U.S.A.
    Read the part "Woody and Walt"
    Yeah...I knew that. That's why I put my winky guy at the end of my "I think someone had recently been to Disneyland!" statement.

• Circle of Ancients

booo! i only had to watch the first 27 seconds to say that it willl never beat the real one!
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    And for your viewing enjoyment (and possible future nightmares), here's a cheese and crackers version of all of Disneyland!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/japan2004/nara1.htm

I've been to Zara Dreamland and several other "rip-off" Disneylands (and even a rip-off Epcot complete with a smaller Spaceship Earth) in my travels around the world over the decades. They're always lots of fun to visit.

I think most people would be surprised at how many whole parks are out there in the world that are direct rips of Disney. No question they would have been sued into oblivion if they existed here in the United States or in other countries where International Copyright laws are enforced.

Even in some of the countries where copyright laws are now enforced...I think some of these parks are allowed to continue to do business because they existed before the stricter copyright enforcement laws came into effect. "Grandfathered" so-to-speak.

Yeah but Disneyland doesn't have it's own killer Intamin AG wooden roller coaster like Aska. Wonder what will become of it now that Nara has closed.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    Yeah but Disneyland doesn't have it's own killer Intamin AG wooden roller coaster like Aska. Wonder what will become of it now that Nara has closed.
    When did Nara close?

• Professional Chocoholic

Still working my way through the Nara phototour, which has very amusing captions... LOL

You know what's creepy to me personally, I'm one of those Peak Oil doom & gloom people who look far into the future of American society and think about things like the fate of Disneyland in 100 years. And Nara comes pretty close (assuming DL is not closed completely and full of weeds).

As a matter of fact, I was in the old Santa's Village near Santa Cruz when it WAS a closed down park full of weeds and most of the stuff was either gone, crumbling or vandalized. So I do have some sense of what being inside an abandoned amusement park is like... and it's really creepy.

Yes, yes... depressing... welcome to my life. ;-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123