• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Were any of the BEATLES ever photographed at Disneyland?

Folks, the only thing I like better than Disneyland are the Beatles. I have read that George Harrison went and that Sean Ono Lennon was there, but have there ever been any stories or pictures of the Beatles At Disneyland.

And no, I don;t mean the tribute group.

Also, does anyone know where I could get a hold of RINGO STARR in Disney's "The Prince and the Pauper" --- he did it in the late 70s as a TV special and sang "When You Wish Upon A Star."

---------Thanks------------

PS: Folks, i know that this board is D-land only, but last Sunday I had a heart attack.... yeah... I am 37...... Please keep that "beatle guy" in your prayers as I recover. Thanks

Disney Road

• Minion

Re: Were any of the BEATLES ever photographed at Disneyland?

I am so sorry to hear about your heart attack. How scary! I hope that you are feeling well soon.

I have often wondered whether the Beatles were ever at Disneyland. I have a few Beatles books and a few DL books and I have never seen a picture of them there.

I don't know about as a group or even individually while they were still members of the Beatles.

But I do know that Paul McCartney was at Disneyland in 2004 and again just this year. He dined up at Club 33 and even played a bit on their out-of-tune harpsichord. You can read mention of that in this "Disney Insider" issue about Club 33:

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v050308.html

I once heard a story...don't know if it's true...that Paul wrote "Mother Nature's Son" about Walt and Disneyland.

Born a poor young country boy
    Mother Nature's Son
    All day long I'm sitting
    singing songs for every one

(Supposedly about Walt creating beauty for everyone)

Sit beside a mountain stream
    See her waters rise
    Listen to the pretty
    sound of music as she flies

(Supposedly about some film he saw of Walt looking up at the Matterhorn as Tinker Bell flew)

Find me in my field of grass
    Mother Nature's Son
    swaying daisies sing
    a lazy song beneath the sun

(Supposedly "field of grass" was a metaphor for Walt's body of work...creating away...singing flowers from Alice in Wonderland...that sort of thing. And here I always thought "field of grass" as a pot reference! )

Again...could all be hooey. But that's what someone that apparently talked to Paul once told me.

My ticker is apparently still doing fine, but I'm still recovering from a fairly recent stroke. Though I'm much older than you are! So from one circulatory problem victim to another: Get Well Soon!

Last edited by Opus1guy; 11-05-2006 at 07:44 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

First of all, take care of yourself and get better soon!

Secondly, this is from an earlier thread -
    I'd remembered Petty discussing this in a Rockline interview once:
    In 1987 George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty and their wives watched the immortal Roy Orbison perform at Disneyland. That night, as Tom Petty described it: "We watched Roy give an incredible concert and kept nudging each other and saying, 'Isn't he great? He's in our band.' We were real happy that night." That band became The Traveling Wilburys (Bob Dylan had already agreed to join over the phone...).
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ht=roy+orbison
    Sadly no photos have ever surfaced that I'm aware of though.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

That's two, so far. This is so interesting--I'm going to keep following this thread. I hope someone else knows more.

Beatle johnny, I hope you come through the pain and the scare well. I hope for you to have a healthy and happy future.

• Animatronic

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    First of all, take care of yourself and get better soon!

Secondly, this is from an earlier thread -
    I'd remembered Petty discussing this in a Rockline interview once:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ht=roy+orbison
    Sadly no photos have ever surfaced that I'm aware of though.
    I remember being there when Roy Orbison played. I was young and had no idea who he was before he started playing. Videopolis was THE place to be back in those days. I don't recall seeing any Beatles, but then I wouldn't have recognized them unless they were dressed like they were in Yellow Submarine and speaking with their Liverpool accents.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Re: Were any of the BEATLES ever photographed at Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post

Born a poor young country boy
    Mother Nature's Son
    All day long I'm sitting
    singing songs for every one

(Supposedly about Walt creating beauty for everyone)

Sit beside a mountain stream
    See her waters rise
    Listen to the pretty
    sound of music as she flies

(Supposedly about some film he saw of Walt looking up at the Matterhorn as Tinker Bell flew)

Find me in my field of grass
    Mother Nature's Son
    swaying daisies sing
    a lazy song beneath the sun

(Supposedly "field of grass" was a metaphor for Walt's body of work...creating away...singing flowers from Alice in Wonderland...that sort of thing. And here I always thought "field of grass" as a pot reference! )

I would have liked that but the story is incorrect. Mother Nature's Son was written in 1968 at the Maraishi's Camp in India. John Lennon also wrote a song at the same lecture called "Child of Nature" but as MNS was better, he lifted it from the White album and rewrote the lyrics later on the Imagine album for the song Jealous Guy.

Thanks for the health thoughts.

Disney Road

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

I posted this before, but it may have been on another fan site. When I was younger we were in DL when the Beatles were there. They had just played the Hollywood Bowl the day before as I recall. I was in the Tiki Room with my mom and my best friend when they showed up through the back door. It was dark and hard to see them, but a hush came over the room and then everyone just started whispering,,,"the Beatles!". I just sat there in stunned silence looking at them and trying to take in everything I could about them. They were all in black and very quiet. They seemed nervous, but having fun at the same time. They disappeared toward the end of the show back through the door they came through and that was that! When the lights came on everyone just sat there for a few moments talking in amazement of what we had witnessed. I'll never forget it! Sorry I don't have a photo.

I have another great story about the Beatles that is not Disney related that I will PM you.
    Take very good care of yourself

• I met Walt Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by nocaldznygrl View Post
    I posted this before, but it may have been on another fan site. When I was younger we were in DL when the Beatles were there. They had just played the Hollywood Bowl the day before as I recall. I was in the Tiki Room with my mom and my best friend when they showed up through the back door. It was dark and hard to see them, but a hush came over the room and then everyone just started whispering,,,"the Beatles!". I just sat there in stunned silence looking at them and trying to take in everything I could about them. They were all in black and very quiet. They seemed nervous, but having fun at the same time. They disappeared toward the end of the show back through the door they came through and that was that! When the lights came on everyone just sat there for a few moments talking in amazement of what we had witnessed. I'll never forget it! Sorry I don't have a photo.
    Wow! What a great story! And I thought my Walt Disney meeting was incredible. I think this tops it.

nocaldznygrl, how did you stay composed? I know we could handle that now, but didn't people go crazy then? Maybe it was just too much of a surprise....?

• All you need is LOVE

I hope your okay. Hugs

Also I think about Elvis Ever beeing there. I love the Beatles. Thought about them also.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Ringo Starr and his All Star Band played at Paramount's Great america several years back. How coul it would be if he and or Paul were to perform at Disneyland one of these days. Nvertheless, it can be said that artists formerly known as Beatles have attended and enjoyed Disneyland.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

IIRC there is a photo in the Disneyland Hotel of the Beatles in Disneyland.

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

nemopoppins,
    Think it was just too much of a surprise. Also, I was with my very conservative mother, we were basically on "a ride" so to speak, they slipped in quietly, stayed only a short time and left just as quietly. I think most everyone could not believe we had actually seen them. It was like a stunned shock! When we left the Tiki room my mom let my friend and I run around a search for them for a short time while she sat down. We never saw them again, but there was a "buzz" through the park about them being there.