Thread: Why did they.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Why did they.

On the new release of the Little Mermaid on DVD, in the bonus features area. Why did they add a digital walk through of the Little Mermaid Ride.

Was it a botched project or a purposed ride soon to grace us at DLR, DCA, or WDW and they are using the DVD to see if anyone will give positive feedback on it?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Banned User

Re: Why did they.

A lot of people bought the DVD, including me. I'd like to see this ride in Fantasyland!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I agree I think the ride would be great near Tritons Fountain and where you get to meet the Mermaid Princess yourself!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• I'm not really here

If you watch the other Ride Through extras you learn that this ride was in the works back in the early early 90's. It got shelved/canceled in I think it was 92. I'm not sure why exactly. I've heard everything from "it was going to cost to much" to "we've waited to long after the movie came out and people won't want to ride the ride". Both are rather stupid if you ask me as you can't put a price tag on quality and from that simple ride through, it looks absolutely stunning. It would be an instant hit and become a classic ride. I love the transitions between above and below water scenes.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

LOL, another "The Little Mermaid" ride thread. Anyway, like I've posted before here's the address to Disneyland to write to them about adding the ride. The more letters they get the more likely it is for the ride to get off the ground - or sea. LOL

The Disneyland Resort
    Attn: Guest Communications
    P.O. Box 3232
    Anaheim, CA 92803-3232