Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Went on Winnie the Pooh for the First Time...

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    My favorite part of the ride is the rumbly hives. I don't like Monsters Inc. because of the very boring cars.
    The hives are the only part i DO like.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    Where else can you get so many colours and six foot versions of the characters when you exit WITHOUT the aid of drugs?
    It used to be the E.T. ride at Universal. Man, what were they smoking when they made that one?!

And yah, MasterGracey summed it up more of what's wrong with it. all the show lights, the cieling is totally visible, and it just feels cheap. With such large show rooms, I want to be completely immersed into the 100 acre wood.

But I think they can easily update all that if they really wanted to.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I think the recent Monsters Inc darkride at DCA is a very good competitor against the classic Fantasyland darkrides, but Pooh doesn't hold a candle to any of them.
    Monsters Inc was such a disappointment. Animatronics have no real motion at all. Look very plastic. Tons of show lighting showing. Most of it is just painted flats. The doors most of the time are just painted on one big wall. Queue area not themed very well, bland and empty. Monitors in queue area are cheap CRT and it shows.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cacopelao! View Post
    Seriously...is this not one of the best dark rides in the park? Definitely one of the most underrated attractions.

My favorite part is Pooh coming out of himself as he's dreaming...any thoughts?
    Hated it... Plywood effects? No interactivity... Painted scenes... Child hood fear of bees... Only there to make an excuse for a shop at the end of the ride (Pooh makes more money than Mickey Mouse currently...)

Compare this to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Monster's Inc...

All I can say is, this got a green light and the Little Mermaid didn't? Travesty.
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    It's definitely better than the dark rides in Fantaslyand but I think the reason why people don't accept Winnie the Pooh is because:

1) It replaced Country Bear Jamboree
    2) It was a cheap version of the Winnie the Pooh attraction at Tokyo Disneyland.
    Anyway to me, 1 & 2 are the main issues. It isn't a bad ride (my kids love it)
    But IMHO, it's a major disappointment from TDL's and even in comparison to MK's.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Monsters Inc was such a disappointment. Animatronics have no real motion at all. Look very plastic. Tons of show lighting showing. Most of it is just painted flats. The doors most of the time are just painted on one big wall. Queue area not themed very well, bland and empty. Monitors in queue area are cheap CRT and it shows.

I was hoping Monsters Inc ride would be housed in the Monsters, Inc. building from the film. That would be a fun little area surrounding it if they made it into Monstropolis.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hooterville, USA

I have absoultely no opinion of the Pooh ride.

I do have a thought concerning it though.
    Why did they have to go cheap when building it?

Peter Pan kicks a## on the Pooh ride.

Why do I feel the need to comment?

These are all good questions!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one that destests the Monsters Inc. ride. It was done so cheaply. I could go on and on about what's wrong with it, but I won't. LOL

...Joe...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I'm not saying the Mosnters Inc ride wasn't cheap. But compared to Winnie the Pooh, I think it's far superior. Mosnters Inc has at least one real animatronic (Roz), and numerous minimally-moving figures. Pooh just has a few minimally-moving figures.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I just like the Pepper's Ghost effect in Pooh. That's about it besides the CBJ "shrine"
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I'm not saying the Mosnters Inc ride wasn't cheap. But compared to Winnie the Pooh, I think it's far superior. Mosnters Inc has at least one real animatronic (Roz), and numerous minimally-moving figures. Pooh just has a few minimally-moving figures.
    But here's a question...is it better to create something half-a**ed, or not create it at all until it's done right? Just a question to ponder.

...Joe...

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

My opinion of this ride is this: no matter what I see wrong with it, my girls would all absolutely adore it. I know that when I finally take them, they will ride and want to go back on it immediately. For me, that's what it's all about.

However, I really do like the ride. If I went to the park and missed riding it, I wouldn't be too upset about it, but I enjoy it when I am riding it.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Cacopelao! View Post
    Seriously...is this not one of the best dark rides in the park? Definitely one of the most underrated attractions.

My favorite part is Pooh coming out of himself as he's dreaming...any thoughts?
    Agreed, I love this ride! We hit it before or after Splash Mountain almost every time we go. The colors are amazing, and I like the flood waters and rain effects, and the pooh dreaming, and the ridiculously crazy room after he starts dreaming!

Of course, I'm a major Pooh fan anyways, as you can tell...
    <=======
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

• I'm not really here

I can't really express why... but I just don't like MI as much as I do MAWP. Maybe Pooh captures the spirit better. I don't know.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I can't really express why... but I just don't like MI as much as I do MAWP. Maybe Pooh captures the spirit better. I don't know.
    MI? MAWP? Help! LOL, what do those stand for?

...Joe...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast