Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Went on Winnie the Pooh for the First Time...

Given that I was bitter from the beginning about Pooh replacing CBJ, I was aright with Pooh until I got to the heffalump & woozle room. What the heck??? That room is the epitome of cheapness. Brightly painted plywood cutouts and black light effects? COME ON.

Spare me! CBJ shrine or not, it's a waste of space. Lester's Possum Park would have been a better replacement.

• The pride is back.

I miss CBJ, but I was happy we were getting a Pooh dark ride. Unfortunately, I saw the MK Pooh first, and that kind of jaded me. I still like it somewhat. It's not so much that it's bad as that it just feels like there's so much lost potential. For all these characters have done for Disney over the years, and how much the fans love them, it just deserved better.

Oh, yeah - and the dream sequence is my favorite part.

Oh, the MK version of Pooh. If we only could have had something that good, I would have been happy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySarah View Post
    Given that I was bitter from the beginning about Pooh replacing CBJ, I was aright with Pooh until I got to the heffalump & woozle room. What the heck??? That room is the epitome of cheapness. Brightly painted plywood cutouts and black light effects? COME ON.

Spare me! CBJ shrine or not, it's a waste of space. Lester's Possum Park would have been a better replacement.
    thats how I feel about buzz and monsters inc.!!

• Comin' at ya!

I find it a relaxing ride.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• no flash photography...

the movement of the ride vechicle makes me feel sick...other than that...it's ok until pooh takes acid.

• a wind to shake the stars

Honestly, I totally agree with you. I went on Pooh not expecting much, but it really is one of my favorite dark rides in the park. It's definitely on par with some of the older dark rides, and what they have in terms of nostalgic charm Pooh makes up for in newer effects.

I went on it expecting to hate it after reading bad reviews online (I went to DCA expecting to hate it for the same reason and loved it) and was really surprised. I expected it to be completely cheap and tacky but they definitely managed to make it very charming. The outside loading area and queue are themed very nicely, and so are the indoor show scenes. The honeycomb's floating motion is a very nice touch, as well.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

As much as I like Pooh, Tigger and the gang... well, I've never been on DL's version of the ride but I dislike WDW's version (and ours is better than DL's so go fig). I guess I'm just bitter because Toad's insane driving got him evicted in favor of the 100 Acre Wood.

• 1375 miles away

Our family loves Pooh. It is great to take my daughter on while the big guys ride Splash. I have heard so many think that it is cheap or maybe low tech but I just figure it fits right in since Pooh was such a simple sort of bear. I would much rather ride it than Pinnochio or Snow White. Those both scare my daughter but you certainly don't have to worry about that with Pooh. How scary is a heffalump or woozle? One other great thing is that you hardly ever have much of a wait in line. I do agree, however, that Peter Pan is the best dark ride but we hardly ever ride that because of the long lines.

Quote Originally Posted by mariezp View Post
    How scary is a heffalump or woozle?
    They scare me... away from the ride!

Really, though, heffalumps and woozles have kinda freaked me out since I was a little kid. The portion of the Pooh ride devoted to them just did me in.

• Animatronic

Here's my generous rating of "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" when compared with other dark rides.

Ride: Flat ride with no rises or drops, some wobble. makes Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan look like a thrill rides. 2 out of 10.

Visual sweep and scale: All sets at the same boring level, only a few raised elements, nothing below you, all rooms basically the same scale with nothing near you and no sweeping vistas. 2 out of 10.

Set complexity, animation, impact, and drama: Minimal motion, virtually no detail, mostly plywood flats, no real drama. 1 out of 10.

Story Arc: Confused. No real sense of adventure. 2 out of 10.

Effects. Some mild effects. 2 out of 10.

To be honest, I can't imagine a much worse ride in the area provided. As you can see, I note the weakness of every element of the ride design. Imagine Peter Pan without any sets. It would still be fun to fly around. Now add sets that range from small rooms to forced perspective over London and you have something vastly better than Pooh. Imagine a ride where you run into things, things blow up, and you feel the rail road tracks just before you crash and end up in hell and you have something vastly better than Pooh. Heck, imagine a theater filled with animatronic singing bears and you have something vastly better than Pooh.

• insufferable know-it-all

1. Plywood flats - hasn't technology moved beyond those yet?
    2. Cars that adult legs do not fit in. Sure it's a "kid's ride", but what good is a ride for the under-7 set if their grownups cannot ride with them, and therefore, no one can ride? Build the car for the people who will be in it... all of the people
    3. Country Bears should never have been removed for this dreck.
    4. Why remove CBJ when the old Motorboat Cruise area would have made a perfect setting for an outdoor Pooh ride?
    5. Having seen Florida's, we basically got a silly putty quality copy.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Does anybody else think that it's well, a short ride?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    Having seen Florida's, we basically got a silly putty quality copy.
    And imagine how I feel after being on Tokyo Disneyland's version? It makes even WDW's version seem like Disneyland's.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    It's definitely better than the dark rides in Fantaslyand but I think the reason why people don't accept Winnie the Pooh is because:

1) It replaced Country Bear Jamboree
    2) It was a cheap version of the Winnie the Pooh attraction at Tokyo Disneyland.
    3) It doesn't fit in Critter Country
    Sad, but true. Still, it is one of the newer DL attractions. I look forward to riding each of the three recently added dark rides during my December meet - Buzz, Monsters and Pooh.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast