Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: Went on Winnie the Pooh for the First Time...

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I think this is what they should do:

1) Replace Pooh with Tokyo's version. Keep the load area outdoors though, I think it's neat the way it is. The queue is neat too. Make a newer bigger more attention-grabbing marque.
    2) Use the ride system from the current Pooh and use it for a new ride inside Mickey's house in Toontown.
    3) New Country Bears in DCA's Redwood Creek Challenge Trail (1 theater where Brother Bear is, move Brother Bear stage to the north end of the RCCT)

I won't go into more details, but that's the basic idea.
    Thematically completely agree.

But operationally this will be tough.
    1. Not enough room in current Pooh to house TDLs. Definitely agree on queue and
    marque.
    2. Minus the honey cars, right? Replace the current house? or just the back?
    3. The old CBJ had two theaters (>200? each show).The current BB theater
    is really small (<100?) and much narrower than CBJ's was. Major rework
    needed. Again, really tight.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Oh, it's been talked about if there's enough room for Toyko's version, there should be. The current Pooh is VERY spaced out and taking up TWO Country Bear Theaters!!

I was thinking retheme the honey cars as cars themed after Mickey, Donald, and Goofy as if they would drive them, but guests take a bouncy trip with them. The Mickey house facade would be the same and the queue would be through Mickey's house and probably outdoors. THe ride building is the walkway/queue through the garden, barn film, etc (sorry, I haven't been inside for years) and exit Mickey's garage. The story is Pete has stolen Mickey's short films from the barn film vault and is determined to go "back in time" in these shorts to replace Mickey to get all the fame and fortune. Guests board either a Mickey, Donald, or Goofy themed bouncy car to go after Pete. Show scenes involve such classics like "The Storm". THe music is random with "Flight of the Bumblebee", "Turkey in the Straw", and "William Tell Overture". THe climax is being inside a tornado and at the end Mickey says to Pete something like "Without you, I wouldn't be who I am today".

And Mickey's Movie Trailer replaces Chip n Dale's Acorn Crawl for Meet n Greets. Refer to my Toontown link in my signature for complete Toontown makeover.

Well I'm not suggesting just the BB stage, but also the area around it (landscape, pathways, etc) for 1 CBJ theater. Probably exit into the challenge trail but still have an easy access to exit the trail. I really think it's possible. It's been discussed having CBJ inside the Grizzly Peak is not possible because the mountain is not hollow. But I'll still think about another possible way for CBJ in DCA, I think I might have a better idea.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I think Pooh is fine in Critter Country because the story of Pooh isn't fantastic by any stretch of the imagination. There's no magic, no spells, no princesses, no majesty.... it's just a boy and his friends that happen to be talking animals. And that's what Critter Country feels like to me. Where humans and animals coexist.

Fantasyland is a land filled with castles, blue fairies, neverland, princesses, wizards, and the like.

As for the Pooh ride, I'm ok if they don't clone the Tokyo ride... i just hope they bring that technology to CA for something else and SOON. But I would like them to just redo the track and layout of the ride so that it's more intimate and more to see.
    I'm okay with Pooh in Critter Country too and partly based on your thoughts.

I'd like the Tokyo version

I've been thinking if they mixed Aquatopia's water features & Pooh's Hunny Hunt dark ride elements, this could be an awesome "The Little Mermaid" attraction for DCA's Paradise Pier. Perhaps located where Moo-moo-Pizza or whatever it is for queue, facade, and load area then when they don't need that driveway behind it, that could be the location for a large ride building. Couple neat features could be a water funnel tunnel to simulate the transition from under the sea to the surface and a submersiable Ursuala AA that attacks you (think Universal Studio's Jurassic Park dinosaur that pops out of the water).

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Just splashing around...

To answer the question about my age... Let's just say I am very much a college-educated adult. Still love the ride. Sure, it's not a thrill, but it's very peaceful, the colors are great, and I loved Pooh growing up, so, yep, I'm a fan! And of course the short lines don't hurt, either.

• Just splashing around...

I will say, however, that I do find the ending a bit random and abrupt. It's almost as though they ran out of story and realized they still had room, so in a pinch, they just decided to make it Pooh's Birthday. It seems to sort of come from nowhere.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by ltlmrm8 View Post
    I will say, however, that I do find the ending a bit random and abrupt. It's almost as though they ran out of story and realized they still had room, so in a pinch, they just decided to make it Pooh's Birthday. It seems to sort of come from nowhere.

Haha yah and that's how most of us feel as well. I really WANT to love the ride as you do but I just wish they spent more time on it. It's as if we spend too much time in heffalump and woozle world or something. More time spent with the friends at the end would have been a much more fitting end.

And I've said this time and time again... where's eeyore at his party??

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Yeah first time I rode it right after the H&W scene, it was lame for me. More seems to happen when you go to H&W and less seems to happen on the return trip to the load station from H&W.

Having the bumpy ride vehicle in Mickey's Toontown would balance out with Roger Rabbit's spinning vehicles. The bumpiness is quite cartoony as well

-Jurassic Park

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789