Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Critter Country Frustration...

I say move the Frontierland Station to Critter Country. It makes more sense now to be at the furthest points of the park. NOS isn't much of a walk from Main Street, but Critter Country is a ways off, considering there is no outlet.

No. If guests picked up the maps and actually read them, the question "where is the bathroom?" would never come up. Such is not the case.
    Additionally dead ends, while they maintain the themed seclusion of each land, create traffic nightmares. None so more than at MK with Splash and Big Thunder at the end of a deadend.
    Disneyland's dead end creates a bottleneck at the bridge of Splash Moutain, and also kills foot traffic to the rest of Critter Country as whole since many guests don't want to go "all the way back there" and then have to turn around and comeback.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• back in Austin

You know, when I saw the title of the thread, and before I read anything about pirates or TSI, the thought ocurred to me: whatever they do with TSI, they ought to incorporate some way for people to get from that "dead end" near Pooh to Big Thunder Ranch. Forget pirates (I don't want them to piratize TSI), but whatever they do to rejuvenate TSI, it would solve lots of problems simultaneously if they could connect foot traffic from behind Pooh to TSI to Big Thunder Ranch. Not only would traffic flow through the park be easier in general, but then if they put some cool attractions in at TSI they won't have to rely on rafts to get people to the island.

I realize that Walt's original idea was hub-centric, but since that strict concept has been abandoned and the park is so tight on walkway space, I'm betting that such a "bridge" would help more than it would hurt.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet View Post
    Additionally dead ends, while they maintain the themed seclusion of each land, create traffic nightmares. None so more than at MK with Splash and Big Thunder at the end of a deadend.
    What's the MK stand for? I swear I'm not trying to be a pest but I can't figure out what some of you guys are saying half the time. Please please please just type it out.

MK = magic kingdom? If it is, you must be referring to WDW MK? Just to be clear.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ...TWO BITS!

Think of it as a cal-de-sac

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    Yeah, it really stinks to get back there and find splash not running.
    You can find out if Splash isn't running from the Haunted Mansion. I'd never go to Critter Country before seeing other rides. Ever since they redid the boats the wait is horrible. I'd get a fastpass before Haunted Mansion and that's that.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    You can find out if Splash isn't running from the Haunted Mansion. I'd never go to Critter Country before seeing other rides. Ever since they redid the boats the wait is horrible. I'd get a fastpass before Haunted Mansion and that's that.
    Except for the two times that it was running when I was by the HM, and then shut down right as I got back to the entrance. But yes, you are correct.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• I love this place!

Does anyone else use the "hidden walkway" around Fowler's Harbor instead of the bridge to get to Critter Country? It's one of my favorite spots in the park, and quicker too, if there's lots of traffic/strollers on the bridge.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by 5hr drive View Post
    Does anyone else use the "hidden walkway" around Fowler's Harbor instead of the bridge to get to Critter Country? It's one of my favorite spots in the park, and quicker too, if there's lots of traffic/strollers on the bridge.

Where are you talking about?

This forum seems to be more about people complaining than people enjoying Disneyland. It's not that far of a walk. There is a reason why America is the most obese nation in the world.
    Foolish Mortal

• I love this place!

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    It's a (usually) very quiet walkway that starts at the Harbor Galley (McD's french fry location) and comes out near the Critter Country Fruit Cart, next to the Canoes. It's quiet, shady, and if you stop on the little wooden bridge you can see folks as they come out from the Splash Mtn. big drop. Much better way to get to Critter Country than the bridge, IMO.

Back to the fact that Critter Country is a dead-end, I think it would be even more crowded here if it wasn't a dead end.

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post

This forum seems to be more about people complaining than people enjoying Disneyland. It's not that far of a walk. There is a reason why America is the most obese nation in the world.
    The issue is not the walk, it is the dead-endness of it all. You walk there if you want to go on splash, that's pretty much it. The problem there is that Pooh and all the stores over in that corner see few customers due to the remoteness of the land and why Country Bears couldn't continually keep audiences packed into the shows.

You may call it lazy, but most guests just dont think that corner is worth the long congested walk to it, especially when they have to turn right around and walk back. What many of us are saying that it might improve the area if they in fact made the walk longer by giving some people an outlet from CC to Frontierland to improve the flow of the park.

This is the reason the right side of the park moves so much better. True, there are less key attractions, but there are also multiple paths. On the left side, 90% of the guests go through adventureland, past NOS, and up to CC only to turn around and swim upstream the same route. So Disney needs to do two things, attract guests into Frontierland as a path as well as create another route from CC.

As I said earlier, moving the train station to CC makes sense for it would add crowds to the section of the park and allow people to exit that land without the long walk upstream.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    You may call it lazy
    Lazy or not, its true. I dont go down there at all if my kids arent with me.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• It's all nonsense

It's a (usually) very quiet walkway

• I'm not really here

I love that little walkway! Great place to have a snack and look down at the logs coming out of the tunnel. Always fun, cause they just got soaked

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I love that little walkway! Great place to have a snack and look down at the logs coming out of the tunnel. Always fun, cause they just got soaked
    I recently found this. I use it all the time now.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast