Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• For old time sake

Re: Critter Country Frustration...

I don't think it needs to change at all. I like the quaintness of CC. I miss the Country Bears, but it's almost like a shaded piece of heaven. Given the fear of heights by some people, a bridge seems a bit much. Besides, it would probably mean cutting off access to most of CC, including Splash Mountain if such a project were undertaken. Then we would hear complaints about how he bridge is "boring" and "there isn't much to it" or "I wish Disney would do some sort of theme to this bridge."

We all know the likelihood of a skyway is out of the question. Otherwise we would still have our skyway in Tomorrowland/Fantasyland. Besides, with the antics of shows like Jack---, I can see why Disney would not put such an attraction in the park. Can you imagine what some people would try on such a ride?

The bottom line is. No matter what Disney does, they will never please everyone.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• SoCal "Select" Cheapskate

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    I recently found this. I use it all the time now.
    Fowler's Harbor? PLEASE tell me where this secret walkway is!

• I love this place!

Quote Originally Posted by Cacopelao! View Post
    Fowler's Harbor? PLEASE tell me where this secret walkway is!
    Fowler's Harbor = The boat dock where the SS Columbia is berthed when it's not being used.
    The walkway is easy to find. Just go to the place where they sell McDonald's French fries, in front of the Haunted Mansion. The walkway starts just to the right. There's some stairs along the way, so it's not wheelchair/ECV accessible.
    Last edited by 5hr drive; 11-14-2006 at 08:48 AM. Reason: fixed misspelled word

Quote Originally Posted by 5hr drive View Post
    Fowler's Harbor = The boat dock where the SS Columbia is berthed when it's not being used.
    The walkway is easy to find. Just go to the place where they sell McDonald's French fries, in front of the Haunted Mansion. The walkway starts just to the right. There's some stairs along the way, so it's not wheelchair/ECV accessible.
    I used to use this more when they had actual food being served there. I loved to eat my newspaper-wrapped fish along that quiet walkway.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    What's the MK stand for? I swear I'm not trying to be a pest but I can't figure out what some of you guys are saying half the time. Please please please just type it out.

MK = magic kingdom? If it is, you must be referring to WDW MK? Just to be clear.
    I believe they were, yes. as Splash and BTM are both in one corner of that park
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

I think Critter Country should add a few more attractions and get larger. Also wrap around River of America, past Tom Sawyers Island and connect where the Big Thunder Trail is.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Keel Boats....bring em back and have them make two stops; one on the West side of ROA and the other on the East side.
    Great Idea, I wish Disney would do that.

• Basking in birthday love

I think moving the train station is a pretty good idea. It provides another way into and out of Critter Country and balances out the legs of the trip. Plus, getting rid of the NOS train station would alleviate the MansionRailroadPirates line that tends to form when the park gets really busy.

• Banned User

I agree with aerinpegadrak. Moving the train station can be a huge help.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by ralph303 View Post
    I agree with aerinpegadrak. Moving the train station can be a huge help.
    Too bad if they boarded the train in Critter Country, the ride to Toon Town would be all too short. But... it's certainly better than WALKING there! I think that would be the biggest wait line for the train yet.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

The ride from Main Street to New Orleans is already pretty short. So's the ride from Toontown to Tomorrowland. There's still a fair amount of river you'd have to go around.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I was just thinking... of where the train actually goes and it's right by the Hungry Bear restaurant doesn't it? Do they have room for a station right there? I need to get a better look next time I'm in the park.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ...TWO BITS!

I've read about thoughts on a Critter Country train station, I'm convinced that could be done, but I'm still not convinced on what to do with the current NOS/Frontierland station then. I know one suggestion was an extended HM queue, but that doesn't appeal to me. Any other suggestions that would fit the NOS theme?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I'm not a big fan of imagineering that's just resurrection wishes, but a new One of a Kind shop would be a welcome addition. A proper Villains shop would also work nicely there. Unfortunately, the area's not nearly large enough for an actual attraction.

The other thing that you might do there is a small stage, with bleacher style seating. Then you could lower the stage into the ground and turn it into nosebleed seats for Fantasmic.

• ...TWO BITS!

Villains shop sounds nice . Besides, all they really have in Bat le Rouge is TNBC merchandise, not that there's anything wrong with that

Unfortunately I agree there's no room for an attraction.

Last time I checked, from the train station, you can't see F! well and trees would be in the way anyways. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Well, what if the station was converted for a Villains shop but you're still able to see the train pass by. And then in area between the station and main walkway (I think it's a little courtyard with a statue and fountain??) convert to a small round-a-bout stage (ala Festival of Fools) and perform that new Mardi Gras Party here and a "Festival of Fools" as a mini "Topsy-Turvy" version of that Hunchback show. It's just focused on Topsy-Turvy and most likely no Quasimodo, Gargoyles, and Frodo. Cobel (misspelled) and Esmerelda are the only central characters while other the cast use the same props & costumes from the old show. The characters are looking for a new King of Fools and ask a bunch of kids to come on stage to show them a "gruesome" face. The audience picks the winner. Think of it as a sort of "Sword in the Stone" offering in Fantasyland for NOS.

OH! I forgot to mention, inbetween shows or as a pre-entertainment, a "living statue" is on stage to entertain guests.

During HalloweenTime, this stage could be used for Villains to "Tell Their Side of the Story" storytellling.

Hey, this actually sounds promising! What do you think?
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 11-15-2006 at 12:58 AM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast