Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Critter Country Frustration...

How close is pirates to the HM building? Would there be enough room to add a darkride beyond the berm? Maybe even just a walkthrough attraction? Maybe a pirate stuntshow instead of Pirate Island. Something involving the Civil War (use the Lincoln AA), Mardis Gras, swamp boats...tons of ideas.

As for fitting the Train Station into CC, I would simply redo the Hungry Bear so the order/pickup is done on the bottom level and the train station is located on the top level with the majority of the station being on an extention to the back, saving most of the upstairs (minus train que) for additional eating space.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    How close is pirates to the HM building? Would there be enough room to add a darkride beyond the berm? Maybe even just a walkthrough attraction? Maybe a pirate stuntshow instead of Pirate Island. Something involving the Civil War (use the Lincoln AA), Mardis Gras, swamp boats...tons of ideas.

Blue outline = NOS Train Station
    Red outline = support facilities immediately behind berm.

There's not a lot of room there for anything.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

What are the support buildings for other than water for the train? The water would obviously have to be moved, but could the others? If so, I think they could squeeze in a small show room for some sort of experience (small darkride, walkthrough, stage show).

Maybe an aquatopia attraction themed around the Swamp Fox and the swamps of New Orleans. They enter his secret hideout underneath the train tracks proceed to a bayou where they cruise around in small skiffs to explore the swamps durring the American Revolution.

Some sort of attraction that involves the culture and history of New Orleans. I'm sorry, but New Orleans is about much more than Pirates and manors.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    What are the support buildings for other than water for the train? The water would obviously have to be moved, but could the others?
    Those support buildings don't include the water for the train, that is actually on the station platform and doesn't take up much room. These are something else. Any CM's know/able to say what they are? They appear to have large air vents on their roofs so they may be physical facilities for HM and POTC. Of course each ride may have their own physical facilities built-in (which is more probable).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• ...TWO BITS!

^ I don't know about a swamp themed Aquatopia. I was kind of thinking a similar thing. It might work actually. Maybe reuse the train station for the ride's queue. And theme the area around the train station into more swamp-theme. But going underneath the train tracks, I don't think so. Probably have the ride itself where that fountain/courtyard is between the train station, Cafe Orleans & Haunted Mansion (the same area where I proposed the round-a-bout stage. They can actually probably also put the pirate band here instead of where they currently are now). Can the boats be somehow themed to a 1800s setting??

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. I thought about a "The Rescuers" themed swamp-mobile ride like this for "Valley of Villainy" and a "Tugboat Donald" for Toontown (which BTW needs an attraction like this more than NOS anyways . So the round-a-bout stage still works for me.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Basking in birthday love

The Pirates show building is actually most of New Orleans Square, extending out to the train station itself. There's really not room for an attraction. I'd go with the stage idea.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Ya know, the more I think about how I'd be okay with a train station in Critter Country, the more I'm less okay with the train station being anything else. I wouldn't want another store (disneyland's got a ton of them) and a stage would be a bigger crowd maker than the current train station. I mean... that was the whole point of moving it in the first place right?

So I say no on moving the train station now. I think they need to redo the planters perhaps so that it's easier to navigate and move around. It gets pretty tight right there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ...TWO BITS!

I agree about the unfortunate idea of yet another store. SO I was thinking about it today. Allow Le Bat en Rouge for more Villains merchandise than just TNBC. Transform the NOS Train Station for backstage/storage/dressing room for that NOS round-a-bout stage. The train going through NOS can be the same, just have to theme the new back end of NOS train station like how Pirates building is themed into NOS.

Having CC station instead of NOS station will truly make the stations at the very end points of the park: MS in the south, CC in the west, MTT in the north, and TL in the east. NOS is more like southwest anyways

The aisle entry to the stage has statues on the side corners. Then the backends of the concrete stair/bench sitting has a water fountain. I hope that made some sense. This is all open air but keeping the trees for shade. The stage should also shoot out confetti at the end of "Topsy Turvy" at the audience. Make an underground tunnel from the NOS train station to the stage so Esmerelda can pop up from a cloud of smoke on stage. The characters crown "The Prince and Princess of Fools" perhaps instead of one "King of Fools". Change song lyrics from "We turn all Paris upside-down" to "We turn New Orleans upside-down". Now everyday can be Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday/Festival Fools... instead of waiting every year

Also thought during HalloweenTime they can probably have one of the many 999 ghosts of Haunted Mansion tell their story on stage like TOT's storytelling.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Those support buildings don't include the water for the train, that is actually on the station platform and doesn't take up much room. These are something else. Any CM's know/able to say what they are? They appear to have large air vents on their roofs so they may be physical facilities for HM and POTC. Of course each ride may have their own physical facilities built-in (which is more probable).
    Those are the air conditioning units for New Orleans Square, including Pirates and Haunted Mansion and the Fantasmic lighting bunkers. I am not sure if they also provide AC for Splash Mountain, but it is possible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234