• Neep meep beep

The CHOC Walk "Better late than never" photo thread

I recently purchased a much better camera, and forgot that much of the photos of the past month or so was locked away in the memory card still in my old camera. As a result, some photo updates are coming, including Halloween Treat and other photos, but let's start with the CHOC Walk, which took place October 8, 2006 - yes, almost a month ago:

The green "army men" were shouting at people to get moving from the escalators. They were funny, and said to my wife, with an army green cap, "I love your hat"--

Since the course route used the area normally used by trams, we got up close and personal to the halloween decorations, which was fun.

One guy dressed up in a great stormtrooper outfit, but forgot one thing - it said everywhere in the program "no masks". Security was quick in reminding him:

And then we made it to the "starting area" (they didn't call it a start line, since with this many crowds you probably couldn't see a line anyway. Balloons everywhere:

And confetti:

nd more army men with bullhorns egging on the crowd:

The view from behind - er, I mean looking back towards the main street train station:

Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy in their best running tracksuits, stretching, dancing, and exercising (and I'll note that these outfits, which were the same as the marathon, look suspiciously like the year of a million dreams):

Jasmin, and Aladdin, when they weren't kissing each other and walking hand in hand through the park, were waving at the crowd:

The Columbia was parked front and center, with the crew waving to CHOC walkers:

And there was a pirate trio band singing and playing music for the crowds:

Then it's on to the Haunted Mansion, where Jack and Sally greeted people over the fence:

On the way back around we went right past the Columbia for a closer look (and a photo opportunity):

Then past the Golden Horseshoe, where both Jessie and Woody were waving at people:

And good old "Farley the Fiddler" was playing in front of Big Thunder Ranch:

Near the Carousel was a special treat to princess admirers everywhere - all the princesses were standing on, and riding, the carousel:

And then it was on through the (at that point) newly de-blinged castle:

Who's that we see near the Matterhorn? Ursula!

Looks like it's time for another photo op:

Heavy construction on the Matterhorn at this time of the morning, since the park wasn't officially open:

And then in Tomorrowland, we were greeted by both Jedis...

And Sith... (hey, Sith happens):

Vader standing proud:

And, near the Observatron, Buzz also stands proud:

This is for all those persons that participated in the MiceQuest - "heavily cratered moon"? Or not?

Here's Aladdin and Jasmin walking hand in hand through "a whole new land" in the park again. So cozy, those two...

Lots of groups, including high school bands and cheerleaders, and charity volunteers, were cheering people on:

Into DCA, and the surfriders were playing:

And near Monsters Inc., Boo and Sulley were greeting the crowd:

Even all the bellhops came out to greet people before we ventured backstage near the Tower of Terror...

We re-entered "onstage" at "it's a bugs land":

And the Block Party Bash was out:

Making for yet another great photo op!

Through Paradise Pier:

High School Musical:

The Miner '49ers:

And when we returned later that night, they had just put up the Year of a Million Dreams CRV display:

Overall, a GREAT time! I'd do it again for the photo opportunities, but it was really great for your health and helps out a worthy cause.
    Last edited by RobotMirror; 11-06-2006 at 02:12 PM.

• Senior Minion

Re: The CHOC Walk "Better late than never" photo thread

Um, all that comes up for each of the links is an error message.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Um, all that comes up for each of the links is an error message.
    We are FORBIDDEN!

Must be some legal thing Froggie has set up for us!

• Neep meep beep

Yes, I am very sorry... I'm working on transferring photos to photobucket as we speak... PLEASE CHECK BACK WEDNESDAY AT NOON (kidding - put that down)!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Yes, I am very sorry... I'm working on transferring photos to photobucket as we speak... PLEASE CHECK BACK WEDNESDAY AT NOON (kidding - put that down)!
    I tried to contact Frogberto Technical Support but it said all lines were busy!

• Closed Account

Cool Froggie! They appear at every refresh of my browser. Your Tech Support works fast and they didn't even have an accent!

You guys had Character Greets right from the world's largest parking structure!? Lucky! We didn't see any for the Disneyland 5K until you actually got into the park. What was the theme? Pirates?

• Neep meep beep

Thanks. All the pictures are smaller than when I started, but they should be working now. There wasn't a theme, but all the characters and the interesting route through all of the lands except Critter Country was really great.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

That really looked like tons of fun! I SOOO wanted to go...but couldn't. Thanks!

i love the pics. i did the walk last year and got some good photo ops too!! I couldnt go this year since i was in WDW

• Main Gypsy

Very cool and it looks like you had a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures

p.s. I love your new avatar!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I loved that day. Great pics Froggy!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Senior Minion

Thanks Frogberto. Nice report, always a pleasure to see the update from you. It looks like your family had a great time as well. CHOC is a great cause for sure.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.