• Wishing

Butterflylark's Trip recount 11/3 - 6

I'll keep mine short and well... short. I am not a frequent visitor, and am often so overwhelmed I forget to take pictures. This is also my first trip report so I'll try my best.
    Let's start at the very begining, a very good place to start
    I got off work on Thursday and headed off towards my second job. The rain had been falling all day with no sign of stopping. This did not look good for my drive.
    The rain of home

Then the grey unwelcoming skies of the next morning somewhere near LA

Ok, enough of that! On to the park, no matter the weather it must be better. And sure enough the skies had cleared, still a bit on the chilled side but beautiful

and it's christmas Marti Gras Style

This trip was spent with my friend and co-worker who is also a Mice Chat lurker awkwardpineapple. She brought along her brother and cousin to round our numbers out to four.
    The sign that proclaimed Joey Lawrence was going to be there in all his dancing stardom meant we had to check it out. Of course me being the technician that I am I was far more impressed with the equipment and disapointed that the castle was blocked off. After they did the crowd shots we headed off towards tomorrowland.

That was really the excitment of that first day. We left around 3:30 to check into the hotel. Took a quick nap and headed back to snag seats for the fireworks and the parade. I had never seen it all the way through and it was quite a treat.
    Eventually we left and of course returned the next day.
    We got there just in time to catch the disneyland band and Mickey in front of the castle!

The chipmunks are one of my favorites! I tried all weekend to find them and get a picture. But the only times I saw them they were in the middle of something - like a parade.
    So we followed the band down mainstreet to the train station then headed back to Fantasyland in time to catch a few curious figures attempting to pull the sword from the stone.

We wandered into toontown, looking for chipmunks. Rode a few rides, took the train to New Orleans, rode some stuff there.
    By this point I was dragging. I wanted some ice cream and sleep. But the minute that music started for the afternoon parade, I was jumping around. The Alice Float did a show stop right in front of us so I watched them while I finished my ice cream and tried to take pictures. But I had to catch my falling ice cream with my camera so that didn't work too well.
    The next day was Sunday. We had been looking forward to participating in MouseAdventures. We were doing the open event.
    Not too many pictures, because we were running franticly through the park while I was solving puzzles and running into children.

a self portrait before we went out on our way. However we did not finish the event. My Annual passport went missing and we went off to City Hall to talk to them.

We watched fantasmic, because her cousin wanted to see it again. We had caught it from near the pirate stage on friday night. When the music started an hour later for the second showing we were in the Hub taking pictures and he kinda smiled and asked if we could go see it again.
    Considering he came to disneyland in what seemed like a mood determined not to enjoy it, that was a crowning moment!

Sunday night left me singular at Disneyland. My friends left and I decided to stick it out for one more day.

Early morning brought me to the Casting Center. I went into ask questions, but ended up applying and making it through and offered a second interview. (the position I wanted required a second interview) If I want to go it's on the 14th. but I live 6and a half hours away with no where to live if I did get the job.
    Anyone got a room to rent me? I'm a great roommate!

Then I headed to the park to enjoy a few final stolen moments.
    The Christmas tree had been moved from the back area out to the center of the town square looking all decorated and pretty.

I managed to ride, Indy, Pirates, and Space Mountain in record time.
    And the one thing that always manages to put a silly smile on my face

The singing pirates make me happy.
    So with that joyful feeling I left the park and battled traffic home.
    Most often found at a theme park

• Picturing the Magic

Re: Butterflylark's Trip recount 11/3 - 6

good first update

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

•   
    • I <3 o

Quote Originally Posted by butterflylark View Post
    Early morning brought me to the Casting Center. I went into ask questions, but ended up applying and making it through and offered a second interview. (the position I wanted required a second interview) If I want to go it's on the 14th. but I live 6and a half hours away with no where to live if I did get the job.
    Anyone got a room to rent me? I'm a great roommate!
    DO IT!!!! Go for the second interview, if you get it, I bet you there are other cast members who are looking for a roomy. What Position?
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Good job! Thanks!

• Wishing

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    DO IT!!!! Go for the second interview, if you get it, I bet you there are other cast members who are looking for a roomy. What Position?

Entertainment Costuming. Basically Wardrobe for the Entertainment Characters and stuff like, Fantasmic and Parades.

I want to go to the interview. I'm going to seriously think about it.
    Most often found at a theme park

•   
    • I <3 o

Quote Originally Posted by butterflylark View Post
    Entertainment Costuming. Basically Wardrobe for the Entertainment Characters and stuff like, Fantasmic and Parades.

I want to go to the interview. I'm going to seriously think about it.
    I think you should, i could see you working there. The only drawback would be no chainsaw
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

That was GRRRREAT!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing

• Minion

Thanks for the TR. Hope you go for your 2nd interview...that would be awesome! Anyway, if you do...good luck!
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

• Senior Minion

Nice shot of Pinocchio pulling the Sword! Thanks, nice first update
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.