Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: PEZZ Polled Privately! 11/4 DCA Trip Report with Team PEZ.

oh by the way the Incredibles comment was interesting. Not sure where you got information about incredibles taking over the pier area.

Incredibles was destined to go in the warf area not the pier. That attraction at the moment has been pushed back and another attraction (also based on a Disney/Pixar movie) has been brought back to life and will most likely happen before any incredibles attraction (or until some issues are resolved)

• Again! Again! Again!

PEZ, I thought your interview was well said. Of course we always have 20/20 hindsight in things we would have liked to say, given the opportunity, but you did a fabulous job! I'm glad that you got the chance to give them some insight!! Bravo!!

And love the pics. Glad you had a good time!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Well I for one think you covered basically the most important problems with the parks, and it's always hard to remember everything while "in the moment". Hopefully Mike actually takes your comments very seriously.

There's definitely big things rumbling over at DCA. First that survey a few months ago, now random face-to-face interviews! Although it's interesting to note that their still conducting this research, even while Midway is going in. It seems like there's essentially no big final plan yet completed; which IMO is definitely not the way things should be run. It may even end up wasting more money in the long haul.

Anyways, thanks for the report! It was very insightful

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    So, were you able to hear what the lady next door came up with in her 20 minutes? Any good stuff?

I was so busy yakking it up that I didn't have a chance to eavesdrop. Shoot.

And yes, there were several other items we could have gone over and a few that we did go over and I am probably forgetting to relate. Luckily, Mr. Mike was taping the conversation for posterity.

Here is one thing I complained about and didn't remember until after my write-up:

We had lunch at Taste Pilot. I like the food and even the prices but NOT the self-serve computer screen order taker things. I could not get my AP to scan for my discount and had to ask the person behind the counter. She called a Supervisor who took my receipt and card and came back a few minutes later with my change. This whole transaction slowed everything down instead of speeding it up. Most people seem to have trouble ordering and paying the touch-screen menu things. Also, there is no way to special order anything. PEZette had to spend considerable time and effort ridding her salad of any trace of shredded cheese. That stuff is tiny. What's so wrong about having a live human taking your order? Someone who knows what they are doing (unlike most of us).
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

I also think you did a great job. If I had been asked I'm sure I would have forgotten to mention some major issues. You really covered a lot, most everything. (The water. Please, just do SOMEthing with it). Awesome job.

• Banned User

Ah, a DCA trip report. Thats a first. nice job at it!

I am so glad that you came back to the thread to tell us about your interview. I was on pins and needles.

I also like the part where you remembered my home state (Iowa) fondly. Represent!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    The camera and documents are all theirs. The payment was American greenbacks (cash).

I will go into depth on our conversation when time permits (after work) later today.

And more photos!

Stay tuned...
    You couldn't even keep the pens?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    oh by the way the Incredibles comment was interesting. Not sure where you got information about incredibles taking over the pier area.

Incredibles was destined to go in the warf area not the pier. That attraction at the moment has been pushed back and another attraction (also based on a Disney/Pixar movie) has been brought back to life and will most likely happen before any incredibles attraction (or until some issues are resolved)
    Is that the Toy Story shooting thing? I don't pay much attn. to upcoming stuff so I don't remember an Incredibles one (or what that to cool new technology one?) but i do remember talk about Toy Story.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

No its not Toy Story Midway mania - there is another "e" ticket getting some good backing

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Yes, I got to keep the pens.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that point.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Kudos to you for telling them face to face that an amusement
    park themed as an amusement park is a rancid idea, and that
    Paradise Pier is proof of that.

It does surprise me that the interviewer inquired further on this and
    asked you to what extent the stagnant water of PP should be reworked,
    completely leveling or modifications thereof. WOW!!!

I'm definitely of the opinion that the stagnant PP pond and ALL the
    attractions surrounding it need to be leveled. PP pond just cannot
    be reworked into a show or attraction. Any of the outdoor waterways
    in DL are INFINITELY more interesting with the various curves and
    different sights along the way (Jungle Cruise, Storybookland, Rivers
    of America with canoes, Columbia, Mark Twain etc, heck even the closed
    Motorboat cruise is more interesting)

One thing that did disturb me about your report is that somehow that
    little FL type darkride came into the same breath as the Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Certainly the Comparisson is MUCH MORE along the lines of
    Peter Pan or Roger Rabbit. It certainly doesn't approach the level of
    HM or Pirates, by ANY stretch of the imagination. THESE, HM and Pirates, along with a dinning experience like Blue Bayou are EXACTLY WHAT DCA IS MISSING!!!! THOSE are the attractions that would make
    DCA come more into the light of being a REAL Disney Park. IT WILL NOT be the Midway Madness ride that will only perpetuate the HORRIBLE so-called
    theme of Paradise Pier.

I wish there would be some way that the management in charge could
    see this blatant errors in the design of DCA, and get to work, instead
    doing all this "research". They need someone with the foresight to know
    these things. And with the most successful theme park in history right across the esplanade, they have the perfect example of what makes a theme park work, right in front of their face. It really amazes me how BLIND they are, to how to handle the DCA problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123