Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Santa Barbara, CA

Is downtime on the increase?

It seems to me that attractions are breaking down more frequently than in the past (days of Matt). Pirates is the obvious one, any thoughts?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Comin' at ya!

Re: Is downtime on the increase?

Nope cuz I live in Washington Although, when I was there in augest-september, i noticed a LOT of things were breaking down.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    It seems to me that attractions are breaking down more frequently than in the past (days of Matt). Pirates is the obvious one, any thoughts?
    Sure seems that way to me. Last several times I've been to the Park, so many attractions have just gone down and I get that, "Check back in about an hour."

Each time I've gone over to Indy on my last 4 trips over the last 2 weeks...it's been down and out and "Check back later."

Several others are well.

• Senior Minion

Space broke down for four hours on Sun Oct 22nd. People were lined up for the queue by Red Rocketts. And it never opened. The other bad thing was I had three FastPasses for it. So I never got to use them. A little souvenir , I guess.

They said but our stores are still open? Disneyland the shopping mall.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

On Sunday November 5th we saw three inoperative rides between the two parks and all three of them were busy rides. Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain were both inop, and it sounded like POTC was broken while the critters from Big Thunder Ranch infiltrated Thunder Mountain, I though that was hilarious. Later we tried to ride Grizzly River Rapids, but it also was inop. It opened later in the day around 2:30 or so.

• Why do you keep talking?

I guess I'm just lucky, the only ride that I've noticed down is Big Thunder (man that seems to always be down when I'm there!) other then that I've always ridden the rides not in refurb.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Shubisha

I haven't hit any major downtimes with any frequency other than space going down for a while or indy doing the same. There's still a long line of rides needing refurb since they kept everything open during the 50th.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

At least it is breakdowns on the increase and not breakdances.

Nothing is more tragic than a hip-hop Mickey.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    Overall average attendance has significantly increased at the resort since the 50th. This means that the rides are at a higher operating capacity pretty much each day. This accounts for extra downtime. The up side of it all is that the company is motivated to build all those new rides that we've been hearing about, over the course of the next four years.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

The only ride that was down the past couple times Ive been to the park was pinocchio. All the busy rides were open.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

On Sunday we experienced closed queues at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain. And Casey Jr. was simply closed all day due to operational problems.

And in my experience, it's become increasingly more frequent lately to walk up to a closed Thunder Mountain, Pirates, and Space Mountain.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• A New Kind Of Villain

The weird ones are when the floats in 'Parade of Dreams' go down. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen the parade with a non-functional Ursula float.

To make matters worse, today the Alice float stalled in front of Tomorrowland. The entire parade was basically stuck for 20 minutes. They thought they were going to have to tow it, but it apparently started up as soon as they were on their way. By the time the parade started up again, they basically just ran backstage. No show stops.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    To make matters worse, today the Alice float stalled in front of Tomorrowland. The entire parade was basically stuck for 20 minutes. They thought they were going to have to tow it, but it apparently started up as soon as they were on their way. By the time the parade started up again, they basically just ran backstage. No show stops.
    Alice is a fairly problematic float, for some reason. It stalls a lot, especially if it's raining, and I can't remember if it's that float or Beauty and the Beast that can't reverse.

The first time I saw Christmas Fantasy, it was raining, so most of the dancing was cut, and it was stalled for about twenty minutes because Santa's float couldn't get out. Santa ended up being hauled by what looked like a miniature Zamboni up the entire parade route.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Overall average attendance has significantly increased at the resort since the 50th. This means that the rides are at a higher operating capacity pretty much each day. This accounts for extra downtime.
    So true, but that is just one aspect. Maintenence of the rides, WDI Engineering, and training of CMs and leads to operate at peak are also critical to the ride staying (102) up, especially when you are trying to run at capacity. If you blow the "juggling act" of keeping the vehicles in play, you go down. In the case of Pirates, the fiasco with the boats getting stuck is more technical (but of course, happens more when you running more boats).
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• I'm not really here

That and every single ride was up and operating at very high capacity for 18 months with very little down time every. It's natural that once that level and push comes down, even a little, there will be an upswing in downtime.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast