Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Embarrassing question...

...but I'm going to ask anyway.

I'm a member of the Big Man's club (XXL with the occasional XXXL article of clothing thrown into the mix). Which rides at DLR should I avoid to save the embarrassment of not being able to get the restraints locked down. It's been years since I've been on Space Mountain, Indy or Thunder Mtn RR and I'm thinking those are the most likely candidates. We went to Great America last summer and there were a few rides I tried to get on but had to get off because the restraints just barely wouldn't catch. I'd rather just avoid that situation when we are at DLR in 3 weeks.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Banned User

Re: Embarrassing question...

Don't be embarrested! don't say that! This is MiceChat. We are who we are, we don't look down on others. We look at everyone equally. don't be afraid to ask ANY question here.

To be hosest. You'd fit on every single E-Ticket attraction.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

my husband is 6'5" and weighs just shy of 290lbs and has yet to NOT fit in any rides at DLR. i think it will all depend on the distributin of your weight. if you are 5'2" and 250lbs you're going to have a differently shaped body than if you were 6'0" and 250lbs
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• I <3 °o°

I'm not sure how you're weight is distributed, but I'd imagine you'll prolly be ok, my dad is a member of the xx/xxxl club and he fits them all
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

Maybe the only ride would be screamin over california. And that is still a "MAYBE" I know they have shoulder restraints, but i have honestly never seen a big person with a problem on any ride. You shouldn't have any problems. And have a good time!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    Maybe the only ride would be screamin over california. And that is still a "MAYBE" I know they have shoulder restraints, but i have honestly never seen a big person with a problem on any ride. You shouldn't have any problems. And have a good time!

Uhhhh...You mean California Screamin?

yea! haha! I go on it enough, you'd think I could write what it's called! But yea california screamin. Sreamin over california is a combo of my two fav. rides! haha, thanks for pointing that out!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I think it really comes down to how broad your shoulders are.

Shouln't be much of a worry. Generally Disney's 'thrill' rides are somewhat benign so the restraint systems are alot more all-inclusive than at most parks. I have been at the park with many individuals of various size and shapes, and really the only crimp that shows up has more to do with heighth. Tall persons will have quite a squeeze on some rides.
    Otherwise I would probably say Califronia Screamin'. Fantasyland attractions are a bit restrictive too, but not as much as their turnstiles are. If getting on a Fantasyland attraction and you can fit through the turnstile, you'll be fine.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Colorado Bound?

Mulholland Madness will give you some problems. It's made for those on the smaller side.

Most other rides you should have little problem with unless you're tall. I'm 6'5", 295 (50L suit size) and had difficulty getting my legs into Space Mountain. I have a 34" inseam but since my legs are big I can't fold up as easily as a lanky guy. If you can squeeze in it's worth trying. Space is a killer ride. No problems with belly room.
    -AmandasDad

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

^yeah my husband has to do some maneuvering to get onto SM too, ankle crossing then sliding semi-sideways into the seat..but he makes it everytime!

we also were able to get onto Mullholland Madness w/o much of a problem, other than thinking we were weighting the car too much to theoutside and that we were simply going to fall over the side of the tracks....that ride scared me more than anything at DLR ever has...i'm never going on it again
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

I once saw a large man not able to fit through the opening to get into a tea cup. I wouldn't begin to estimate his size though. I am not good at that at all. Unless I see something like what happened at the tea cups, I don't notice size. I look at people in the eyes. When I realized what the hold up was for the ride to start, I looked away so he could exit the area with dignity. I felt for awful for him. I don't think it's an embarrassing question at all, I think it is really nice that you are asking. As awful as I felt for that man on the tea cups, I'm sure it doesn't compare to what he felt.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

As a fellow "fluffy" person.... The Maliboomer is tricky, and I think they have a weight limit on the Orange Zinger... Grizzly Rapids is snug but not uncomfortable... other than that you should have no problems!
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 11-07-2006 at 07:36 PM.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

ORDDU: Actually, depending on your size AND the particular cast member in charge of boarding at Space Mountain, there IS the potential of being embarrassed due to a tight fit. It happened to my very own sister this past September.

ORGOCH: Sure did. An' she still says she ain't never gonna' try ridin' that thing no more.

ORDDU: When Orwen first tried to sit in the very front seat of the ride vehicle for Space Mountain, the female cast member told her she would have to get out and sit in one of the seats further back. According to Orwen, she felt fine where she was--if a bit snug--but the cast member insisted that she sit elsewhere. The cars had actually already started to move forward when the cast member made her decision. This meant the cars we were in had to be diverted to the left--where they make you exit in a special area.

ORGOCH: Poor ol' Orwen was so worried that ev'rybody was gonna' notice her hefty size 'cause a this. So, she said she weren't even gonna' try ridin' agin--after she got off.

ORDDU: Then--to everyone's surprise--the ride, itself, broke down and we tried to encourage Orwen with the idea that nobody would think she had anything to do with the cast member's decision to make everyone disembark from the vehicle. So, she reluctantly tried to ride a second time. But she said she actually felt less comfortable in the seat the cast member insisted she ride within, than she had before. By the time she was off the ride, she said her knees were badly bruised and she felt totally humiliated. It does seem that, over recent years, the seating for certain refurbished attractions has been diminished. For whatever reason, plus sized guests aren't taken into consideration as much as they used to be.

• Oh my Goodness!

Yes, the only things I would say would be Orange Zinger and MAYBE Space Mountian. I have a friend who is of a larger size and also has knee problems and the way the new cars are she can't the way her knees have to go. But honestly that is really more her knee problem then her weight. Have a great time!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast