Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Renovation of Star Tours?

Well, me and my friends decided to go to DLR afterschool one day, just to ride a couple rides and just hang out. We went on Star Tours and instead of going into the right, we hung back and started talking with the CM there. He started telling us about some "secret" renovation plans for Star Tours. I have no clue if this is true or not, if he was just screwing with us, but this is what he told me...

Star Tours will have a new plot, one example was when you are exiting the docking station in your cruiser, you see the cruiser in front of you and notice it's being piloted by Captain Rex, and you see him take that infamous wrong left turn.

Plans for screens to be installed on the doors on both sides, as if they were windows, so instead of action just being in front of you, it would also be on your sides.

Something about different versions of plots, one including heading to Tatooine and joining in a pod race.

This got me excited, i'm just thinking it might be false because i have never heard about any renovations. Anyone know of any truths to this?

• Banned User

Re: Renovation of Star Tours?

^^ If this would be true, then Star tours would accually be worth riding!

They should atleast enhance the quality on it.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I haven't heard anything for sure but the ride does need some serious upgrading. I love Star Tours, its one of my favorite attractions but even I think it has become horribly dated.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

WOW! IF its true, we all know some CMs like to feed guests false info to get rumours started, i'm going to be WAY super stoked! Altho i'd love to see a trip to Hoth and have the AC pumped WAY up in the sims so you get very chilly while there
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Oh my Goodness!

That would be so totally awesome if that were true. I'm not holding my breath - but it would be cool. I do remember around the time of the release of Ep.III George Lucas made some cryptic statment at the offical Fan Gathering about an update of Star Tours - but George does like to talk big (HELLO Indy 4!!!)
    It is sad how that ride has gone - last time I rode you could hear all sorts of things rolling around under the floor when ever everything moved. That ride is what made me a Star Wars Junkie (i know a little backwards - but hey I like doing things - differently...)

• It's a dead man's party!

^ At Celebration III, right? I was there and he mentioned they would eventually update it, but who really knows.

But didn't someone recently report they saw on the Star Tours screen that it said, "More destinations coming soon..." Or has that always been there? I wouldn't know since I refuse to wait more than 5 minutes for that ride.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• I LOVE Disneyland :)

I also heard that Lucas was going to help update the ride. I hope it's true!! I do love that ride, but like others I never wait that long for it. I did read in another post that someone that went to WDI said tomorrowland was looking at some great improvments! So we can all hope!

• Oh my Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by MaleficentFan View Post
    ^ At Celebration III, right? I was there and he mentioned they would eventually update it, but who really knows.

But didn't someone recently report they saw on the Star Tours screen that it said, "More destinations coming soon..." Or has that always been there? I wouldn't know since I refuse to wait more than 5 minutes for that ride.
    You were at Celebration III?? Lucky Duck.

I think the "More destinations coming soon..." thing either has always been there or has been there for a while as a part of the tour/airlines type ad themeing in the front part of the line.

I would love to see them add Hoth and Tattoine and maybe Naboo or something...it's be fun to have it random everytime.

But that is all probably pipe dreams anyway...

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

If it's true, I'll thank the maker. I really hope so. The podrace thing has been mentioned many times in a possible Star Tours update, even by Lucas himself I believe.

Perhaps this is the E-ticket hook-up that Circarama was referring to in his WDI trip report ... ?

Peoplemover returning, and additional flights on Star Tours are probably some of the most common rumors. They have been going on for years, and take many different forms. It doesn't mean that they won't happen. But like the boy who cried wolf, its difficult to get worked up about something that has failed to materialize for the same number of years.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Picturing the Magic

sounds like a good idea as long as they still keep the old version of the ride as an option to ride to

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Shablagoo!

I think that if we are going to see anything soon, it will be announced at Celebration 4 in LA. That's where I would do it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

There is always hope, come on how long did we wait until they finally added the loop to Pirates.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

I do like the twist that in the new version that you'd see the StarSpeeder 3000 make its bad left hand turn right in front of you ... If it happens, that will be the New Star Tours tribute to the old one, a la this thread.

• Hola!

well George Lucas announced that they were planning to renovate Star Tours and make it a pod racing related journey.....BUT he announced this for the one at MGM studios. So im not sure if they will do one here.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast