• For old time sake

Wait time for Fireworks on a Sunday

I have a co-worker who will be in the park Sun and has not yet seen the fireworks. I told her 2- 2 1/2 hours wait would be good but considering it is Sun I am wondering if she should get there (the hub) even earlier. Any thoughts?
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Banned User

To get the best seats about 2 hours. If you want a pretty good seat you need 1 hour. It doesn't even matter what day it is for this fireworks show because there is only so much room on main street and the whole bloody park wants to be in that one spot.

• CM for 4 years!

Last night, the fireworks were on at 8:45 pm. We got a spot directly in front of the castle at 7:45 pm. Of course, because we were right in front, we had to sit down, and I don't recommend sitting, because it ruins the p-o-v of the show.

Yeah, I would never sit directly in front 'first row' castle seating, you can't see half the show behind the castle.
    -Wes

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815
    Yeah, I would never sit directly in front 'first row' castle seating, you can't see half the show behind the castle.
    I didn't know. It sounded like it would be a good spot. But it wasn't.

Is it true that on crowded days they can close down the hub(during the fireworks)??? because once a member said that he was at Christmas on the really crowded days and the hub and mainstreet got closed down more than half an hour before the show because it was so full. :confused:

I have plans of getting my seat for the parade about 45 minutes before it, and staying practically in the same spot for the fireworks...

... on July 17th

So... Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    I have a co-worker who will be in the park Sun and has not yet seen the fireworks. I told her 2- 2 1/2 hours wait would be good but considering it is Sun I am wondering if she should get there (the hub) even earlier. Any thoughts?
    I've seen the show four times now from four different vantages - two times at various points on the trolley tracks at the top of Main Street, one time right on the hub perimeter outside Adventure Land, and one time right up front almost sitting on the hub curb. We waited about 1.5 hours for the front location...and it was too close for my liking. My favorite vantage is right behind the hub on Main Street just far enough back that the trees don't block out the Mat. We waited about 45 minutes for this location tonight.

Not bad.

• Minion

I'd reccomend being a bit aways from the castle so you can really take it in (besides SITTING near the castle is bad because you miss the small world nine line). THE BEST place is just foward of the partners statue standing up (good luck getting that spot) but places like just outside the plaza inn can be great if you get a good viewpoint where you see everything but the projections on the castle (BLAH). You should show up right as the parade is ending so a wait of around 1 hour. Not bad compared to the waits that fantasmic originally got.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Disney
    Is it true that on crowded days they can close down the hub(during the fireworks)??? because once a member said that he was at Christmas on the really crowded days and the hub and mainstreet got closed down more than half an hour before the show because it was so full. :confused:

I have plans of getting my seat for the parade about 45 minutes before it, and staying practically in the same spot for the fireworks...

... on July 17th

So... Is it possible?
    Kinda. There was a few times during the holidays that messages played on mainstreet urging guests to view the fireworks by Rivers of America or Small World Promenade but basically to not add to the mess on mainstreet. So far it hasn't gotten that bad, yet. That was also durnig the time that the backstage areas on mainstreet were opened for added guest control.
    So yes, it is possible.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd