Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rockin' Both Parks

Space Mountain and California Screamin’ at Disney’s California Adventure are getting new twists. For a limited time, beginning January 3, 2007, exciting new soundtracks and technology will temporarily transform each attraction into unique rock ‘n' roll experiences with music that will be custom choreographed to heighten the experience of every twist, turn and drop.

Rockin’ Space Mountain will be a new experience in which rockets will launch guests through an out-of-this-world rock adventure thanks to the latest and greatest rock ‘n’ roll lighting and technology. Along with new technology and lighting, all systems are go.

Riders of California Screamin’ at Disney’s California Adventure will also be treated, and bopping, to a new groovin’ soundtrack. On-board rock 'n roll music will be choreographed to every twist, turn and drop. With a ride track-turned-soundtrack, this is one experience guaranteed to rock guests visiting the Paradise Pier section of the park.

The rock ‘n’ roll adventure will last until April 2007. (January - April 2007)

Source: VisionsFantastic.com

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: Rockin' Both Parks

I read about that in the DL AP magazine and I can't wait! Maybe one of the meets should be solely for going to the new rockin' rides.

• I LOVE Disneyland :)

That sounds fun! I wish they would put in Rockin Roller Coster from WDW!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I think it would be funny to 'mix it up'. Put Peter Pan's Flight Music on Space Mountain........Space Mountain music on POOH - Casey Jr. music on Calif. Screamin. Carousel music on "Soaring Over Calif."

Can you imagine that? I'd be rolling in the aisle.

• Sector Two Droid Repair

I heard the California Scream'n soundtrack will be done by Kevin Federline.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    I'm coughing over here because I'm laughing so hard! THAT IS FREAKIN hysterical!

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    Hence the "screaming" part.

does that mean the speakers on the trains will actually work again for screamin's overlay?

last time i went on, there was music but it was all garbled up. ah well, it was nice the couple of times i've ridden with the music playing.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Earth Intruder

^^ Yah, hopefully that means they will FIX THE AUDIO on that ride. It only works like half the time I ride it.

And I really hope they don't put Rock n Roller Coaster at DL -- really, it's a fun ride, but not all that great. Space mountain is WAY better. If Rockin Space Mountain is anything like RnRC I will be pretty disappointed.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Pirateheatther View Post
    Space Mountain and California Screamin’ at Disney’s California Adventure are getting new twists. For a limited time, beginning January 3, 2007, exciting new soundtracks and technology will temporarily transform each attraction into unique rock ‘n' roll experiences with music that will be custom choreographed to heighten the experience of every twist, turn and drop.

Rockin’ Space Mountain will be a new experience in which rockets will launch guests through an out-of-this-world rock adventure thanks to the latest and greatest rock ‘n’ roll lighting and technology. Along with new technology and lighting, all systems are go.

Riders of California Screamin’ at Disney’s California Adventure will also be treated, and bopping, to a new groovin’ soundtrack. On-board rock 'n roll music will be choreographed to every twist, turn and drop. With a ride track-turned-soundtrack, this is one experience guaranteed to rock guests visiting the Paradise Pier section of the park.

The rock ‘n’ roll adventure will last until April 2007. (January - April 2007)

Source: VisionsFantastic.com

Funny, is it me or don't BOTH these rides do this already?

I take an iPod to the park anyway. I'll go the "Rockin'" rides once and if the music sucks as badly as it did for the "Rockit Space Mountain" last year I'll just ride wearing my ear buds and listening to the original sound tracks for these atrractions thanks to the 50th Anniversary/Happiest Homecoming 2 disc set.

"Rockin' Space Mountain @ YouTube (AKA Hooba STANK Mountain)

Personally I'd rather ride it with the lights on. Now that's much cooler/scarier to me.

"Space Mountain with the lights on"
    Last edited by Uzmati; 11-09-2006 at 01:56 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    I take an iPod to the park anyway. I'll go the "Rockin'" ridea once and if the music sucks as badly as it did for the "Rockit Space Mountain" last year I'll just ride wearing my ear buds and listening to the original sound tracks for these atrractions thanks to the 50th Anniversary/Happiest Homecoming 2 disc set.
    dude , taking your ipod on a ride is brave , i just could'nt do it , kudos

My Maleficent tattoo

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    dude , taking your ipod on a ride is brave , i just could'nt do it , kudos

I come to the park to have a Disney time, I love the music in the parks, shows, the streetmosphere, I LOVE Disney loops. But if Disney themselves is going to ruin that then I've got the pod to listen to something more to my liking.

I have used it on rides and the only thing I'd not take it on are Splash and GRR.

I've watched F! (come on after 15 years...it's OK) and the Fireworks to LOADS of other music.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Basking in birthday love

I've heard that Screamin' will have some pretty cool effects, too. Don't know exactly what they are, but a friend of mine saw them being tested a while ago and was impressed.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I've always wanted to take an AirHorn on an attraction. Can you imagine hearing that in Space Mountain?

• Basking in birthday love

Oh, and I liked RockIt Mountain, just about as much as I like Haunted Mansion Holiday: fun, but not as good as the original. The song was kind of crappy (except for the HAWTSOME guitar riff as you came around the meteor, I want that for a ringtone), but dancing in the rockets while you're riding is pretty fun, and I'm not going to object to riding Space Mountain five times in a row (yay cast previews!) no matter what the effects or music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast