Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

Sadako's Dream Filled Disneyland Date - 10/28/06

Since many of you have asked I thought I'd backtrack and write a mini-report of Phillip and I's first date at Disneyland which happened on Saturday October 28th. I was a good little Princess and concentrated more on the Prince rather than photo-ops, so be warned this report is going to be more wordy that picture-filled as my reports usually are.

After lazily stumbling out of bed around 9:00 am, Phillip and I hopped in my car and made a run for McDonald's (The boy seems to always have a craving for Egg McMuffin's) before entering the Magic Kingdom. After Phillip purchased his AP (A So Cal AP... we all need to start somewhere.) we entered the gates around 10:00 am and headed straight to Space Mountain to grab some FastPasses since Phillip had mentioned to me that this is the one attraction he needed to do. After this we made our way through the east side to grab Roger Rabbit FastPasses; however the line was non-existant, so we decided to take a spin in the cab. Sadako being the glutton for punishment she is, used the wheel as much as she could and the dizzy duo exited the attraction wishing they hadn't had those Egg McMuffin's.

Upon exiting we decided to make a run for Haunted Mansion Holiday FastPasses, but not before catching a ride on Alice In Wonderland. Unfortunately my trigger finger got itchy when I saw construction at the Matterhorn as we exited onto the second floor.

As we ventured into Frontierland, this humble Priestess still felt the need to pay her respects to the Almighty Shed. Phillip's response of "I got through Judaism and Paganism with you; I think I can handle The Shed" caused Sadako to start giggling uncontrollably.

We grabbed Haunted Mansion Holiday FastPasses and then made a run for Pirates Of The Caribbean. Phillip had yet to see "POTC: Dead Man's Chest" but he still appreciated the awesomeness of Davy Jones. He also enjoyed the addition of Capt Jack Sparrow, but said it made the other AA's pale in comparison. After the ride ended we still had time until we could get Indy FastPasses, so we decided to hit up Big Thunder Mountain RailRoad. Sadako even asked specifically for the back so she could have Phillip perform the Goat Trick in all its glory. Thankfully Sadako was sitting on the right side.

After this rocky ride, we got a chance to over to Indy. Thankfully we didn't even have to use our tickets as one of Sadako's many friends (And I really do you all) gave her a few Indy FastPasses. So instead, we made a quick run for Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters FastPasses.

We noticed the time for our Space Mountain FastPasses were up so we decided to go quick before we made a lunch stopoff. As we made our way up the platform, Sadako caught a glimpse of something out of the ordinary and suddenly said "Sweetie, trust me, let's do Space Mountain later; please let's make a real quick run for 'Honey I Shrunk the Audience'!" Why you ask? Well, as we entered, we were immediately congratulated for winning a Dream!

And here's the ecstatic couple enjoying their spoils:

The rest of the audience of this semi-filled showing seemed pretty happy as well:

Our big joke is that this is TDA's way of trying to increase guest turnout for HISTA.

Anyway, as we exited Phillip said it was time to head for lunch since he wanted to go to ESPN Zone to watch the OSU game. We had a blast and ended up staying there for 3 of the 4 quarters as OSU just dominated Minnesotta. We got to sit in the booth with a monitor, which was perfect since it was the USC game on the big screen and not the OSU one. I was happy though, I've never been a big sports fan, but my dad was very big on football and baseball so there's something comforting about it. And the OC Cocktail, Bleu Cheese & Walnut salad topped off with a Sudden Death Brownie helped too.

We went into DCA after lunch to calm our senses. After getting FastPasses for Soarin' over California, we made our way all the way to Screamin' while Phillip continually checked his phone to see how the game ended, giving me my own time to check work/personal e-mails. All 4 trains were running, which made the Near Miss effect impress us both.

As we made our way back through the Whaf I figured that since we had to sit through HISTA, I'd show Phillip what a good 3-D show is all about by making a run for "It's Tough To Be A Bug". He was really impressed with Hopper, as pretty much everyone who sees it.

We finally got all the way back to the Hollywood Backlot and waited in line for Tower of Terror as we debated the subject of Time Travel, God and what defines religion in a logic-based manner. Unfortunately Phillip feared speaking of religion would disturb others so we agreed to finish the debate later in private. It was time for us to board our Service Elevator anyways... and... um... where did that bellhop come from???

Next on the list were Monster's Inc and MuppetVision 3-D as we waited for our Soarin' FastPass time to come. Phillip had seen Monster's Inc. last Halloween, so he enjoyed it as I explained to him the concept of a Dark Ride. He's now a Dark Ride Enthusiast, BTW. Also, being a Muppets fan, Phillip had fun watching MuppetVision.

Our time still had yet to come, so I decided to show Phillip why I love the Animation building. We even got to head down into Ursula's Grotto and do the 'Beauty & The Beast' scene, although our timing was off. Where are those beeps when I need them? (Anime Voice Actress Inside Joke!)

Finally we got to ride Soarin' Over California although after some of the other attractions, weren't too impressed with it. This ended our time at DCA and we decided to try to do Tomorrowland attractions before Parade Of Dreams cut off our route to the west side. Space Mountain was just an amazing experience to share (and a bit emotional). Our photo was sadly Lost In Space... We then ended up waiting a little too long for Star Tours, even though we were mesmerized by some of the objects being transported around the queue area. As for Astro Blasters, we had a blast (HA-HA!) and even though I didn't do too well, I still beat Phillip's score. ^_^\\//

We finally got a chance to head back to the west side and rode Indy. I shared with Phillip why it is and will always be my favorite ride (My own emotional story). He really enjoyed it, but not as much as Space Mountain. It was still early so we used our Haunted Mansion FastPasses. Phillip has never seen 'Nightmare Before Christmas' so the concept was a bit foreign to him. I can't wait for the original Haunted Mansion to return so I can show it to him!

It was nearing 8:15 pm so we staked out a spot for 'Fantasmic!'. Unfortunately the crocodile float was broken, but I still think Phillip felt the magic. It was getting pretty cold, so he was nice enough to keep close to me and keep me warm. The crowd dispersed after the show, but we decided to stay at the Rivers Of America to watch 'Remember... Dreams Come True'. I don't think I've ever felt that so emotionally... and we had our own little magic moment near the end.

With energy still left in us, we made a run for Fantasyland as the park would be open for 2 more hours. Amazingly, we accomplished our feat! We started with Dumbo, which I myself had never been on. Thankfully I sat on the inside and Phillip held me from falling out do to the centripital force... I didn't know it was such a rough ride!

Then it was a run through the Dark Rides as we hit Pinnochio & Snow White. Phillip's reaction to Snow White made me laugh. As we come out he says "Didn't we miss part of the story? I mean the witch got hit lighting and then it says they lived happily ever after... I could swear we missed something."

The lines for Mr. Toad and Peter Pan held us back a bit, but not enough to get our final ride of the night in... Storybookland! I was so tired, I just rested on Phillip. I have to say, I don't think I could ever ride Storybookland during the day... there's something spectacularly magical about it at night...

As our night came to end we had to meet up with my roomate since she needed a ride home, so we went to Snow White's Grotto and must have lost track of time because we got pulled back to reality when we heard a familiar voice yell "Get a room you two!". I my roomie!

As we walked down a Fantasmicly smoke-filled Main Street and out of the park, I couldn't help but reminiscing about the previous hours and how so many of my dreams were brought to life by this magical place...

Hopefully 'To Be Continued'...
    Last edited by Sadako; 11-09-2006 at 02:30 PM.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Former Epcot CM

Re: Sadako's Dream Filled Disneyland Date - 10/28/06

Awww.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• I'm not really here

That is so wonderful. Glad you got to have another Dream brought true by Disney.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• All you need is LOVE

Thats so cool Congrats

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post

Thats so cool! They only did that for the Halloween season right? O well. THere is always next year.

• I LOVE Disneyland :)

That sounded like a great date! I don't know how to top it, maybe another trip to dland

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Glad your first trip together was so great!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Shablagoo!

Great report Sadako.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

This is awesome, thanks for sharing the details. I have to ask: is Phillip a pseudonym? Or is his name truly (Prince) Phillip???

• I love loop jokes.

Great trip report Sadako! But you missed one very important detail. Where did you eat?

• Minion FOREVER!

That was a very nice report, Sadako-san......

Happy that you and Phillip had such a magical time!

Hm... No Dole Whip?

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    This is awesome, thanks for sharing the details. I have to ask: is Phillip a pseudonym? Or is his name truly (Prince) Phillip???
    It's a pseudonym. Those who've met him know his real name. I just don't want to give out his name on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Great trip report Sadako! But you missed one very important detail. Where did you eat?

ESPN Zone! He actually told me beforehand about the game he wanted to see. It was his only major request for the day and it was a pretty long and late lunch so we didn't eat again until we got home. He's seen the Blue Bayou though and liked the idea, so maybe next time I won't even have to be the one to make the reservations...
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    It's a pseudonym. Those who've met him know his real name. I just don't want to give out his name on the boards.
    I figured as much, to preserve his privacy... but the romantic in me had a little hope that Aurora found her Prince in Anaheim.

Sounds like a perfectly magical time!

• Basking in birthday love

I'll bet the bellhop was just doing a show check. That's a great picture, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast