McDonald's promotions

In the past like when they opened Animal Kingdom at WDW Mcdonalds had toys and glasses, Not that I really like McD's food, but does anyone know if they are going to do any promotions for DL's 50th this year? Just thought I'd ask.

Dustin

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by addicted2disney
    In the past like when they opened Animal Kingdom at WDW Mcdonalds had toys and glasses, Not that I really like McD's food, but does anyone know if they are going to do any promotions for DL's 50th this year? Just thought I'd ask.

Dustin
    I honestly have no clue. From the news we've been getting McDonald's might not be so close with Disney anymore. But as far as their locations in the parks go, if they can keep them clean... we'll just have to see?

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Did you see this post?

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=4273

Mmm, Filet 'o Fish... hey it's Friday, does anyone know if they're still a $1 today?? I need lunch!

--J.

• Minion

From a presentation by Jay Rasulo, I believe McDonald's will have some sort of promotion.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    From a presentation by Jay Rasulo, I believe McDonald's will have some sort of promotion.
    But what will the promotion be? Special drinking glasses with purchase? Toys in the Happy Meals? OK the Happy Meals already come with toys, I mean 50th themed toys, like gold vehilcles, in the boxes.

And will they do it nationwide or just locally? (Missouri is more in the WDW market)
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

The promotion will be happy toys with disney characters in theme park environments. That's pretty much direct quote from Jay's presentation.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Darnit, now I'm going to have to go to Mikey D's again. I swear, they put niccotine or something addictive in their food. I know it's a bit off-subject, but...have any of you guys seen Supersize Me ? It's true, you get heavier and depressed if you don't eat their food. Blah. lol

What would be really cool is if they made retro-Disneyland style toys. I'd buy happy meals all the time to get them...

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanIT
    Did you see this post?

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=4273

Mmm, Filet 'o Fish... hey it's Friday, does anyone know if they're still a $1 today?? I need lunch!

--J.
    They only have $1 Filet o Fish Fridays during Lent. I live off those mofos when I'm busy giving up ... illegal drugs every day, and meat on Fridays.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    McDonald's is getting out of their exclusive partnership with Disney and they are now seeking tie in deals with all the other studios.

Maybe the era of McEisnerDisney.com is over. Even if they aren't exclusive expect Disney movies too still tie in on all the Happy Meals cause they rake in money for Disney like it or not. However maybe Wendy's Burger King and other fast food chains at least have a chance.

Thank God I don't eat McDonald's any more.

I hope the fry wagon in Frontierland and the Harbour Galley in New Orleans Square as well as Burger Invasion in DCA are eventually reverted to Disney restaurants and McDonald's gets their golden arches out of our golden park on it's golden anniversary.

• Newbie.

Yeah, I've seen Supersize Me, and I try not to eat there anymore. But the McDonald/Disney tie-ins are usually pretty cool. Sometimes the stores will let you buy the toy without purchasing food.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Don't lose hope, fellow collectors! I collect Disney Happy Meal toys and I NEVER eat McDonald's food. All you have to do is ask to buy the toy by itself. All the McD's I've been to allow you to do that. They used to sell the toy for less than a dollar, but now the toy by itself is nearly the same price as the meal (but still usually less than $2).

I think the Disneyland 50th Anniversary tie-in is a great idea. If I'm not mistaken, they did a "Disneyland Adventures" set in 1994 where they put Disney characters in ride vehicles. But that was 11 years ago. I like what DisneyParkFan said about the golden ride vehicles. Put Disney characters in those and they will FLY off the shelves!
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Santa Barbara, CA

For the 50th, they are planning a 50 grams of Fat Matterhorn Burger. Each bite has 1955 calories and the "golden" fries are in a special serigraph box for collectors to frame. The somewhat smaller kid's Tinker Belly Burger will go on sale July 17th at midnight.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyJCA
    Don't lose hope, fellow collectors!

I think the Disneyland 50th Anniversary tie-in is a great idea.

I like what DisneyParkFan said about the golden ride vehicles. Put Disney characters in those and they will FLY off the shelves!
    Why thank you so much! Sometimes I DO come up with creative ideas. Maybe I should be running The Disney Company? :devil:

Seriously I think those would be great in the Happy Meals. And maybe a set of drinking glasses for the adults: one for each decade or each land of the park? I'll get started on some creative designs right now!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Does anyone remember the Disney Trivia game at McD's from a few years ago? YOu got a game piece and it had a piece of disney trivia and you had to scratch off the right answer? I would LOVE To see something like that again!! That was sooooo much fun!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Does anyone remember the Disney Trivia game at McD's from a few years ago? YOu got a game piece and it had a piece of disney trivia and you had to scratch off the right answer? I would LOVE To see something like that again!! That was sooooo much fun!
    I remember that. It was lots of fun!

In 1997 they did a Little Mermaid promo for the re-release of the movie in theaters. They used the original sculpts from the Little Mermaid promo in 1989, but they randomly put gold ones in some of the Happy Meals. The toys weren't in clear plastic packaging like they are now, so you never knew if you were going to get a gold toy or not. I got a couple. It was fun.

So making gold attraction vehicles isn't out of the possible (not that anyone said it was!).

(Why do I know all this? Because I'm a big Disney Dork... like you had to ask!)
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!