Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Keepin' it calsteady

Re: What is your favorite ride and are there any interesting reasons why?

My favorite ride experiences from recent trips are my first time on Storybookland - I had no idea what the ride was, and at 20-some years old I was way past the target demographic, but I was totally impressed by it and amazed that it had been hiding from me in plain sight all those years. And the guides were really cute.

Then Small World, the Holiday Edition - went on it last year and loved it. My sister and I took dozens of pictures of the ride and each other and had a blast. It was a fun experience to share. Plus when we came out they had turned on all the evening lights - it was a magical surprise.

• Disneyland is Mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Mine is very personal and emotional, but I'd love to share it with everyone. My favorite attraction is and always will be 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye'.

The only time I remember going to Disneyland growing up was in '97 when I went for a day in September with my dad. It was so long ago to me that I barely remember anything but the following:

- We had an amazing dinner at the Blue Bayou.
    - The last thing we went on before leaving the park was Indy. I loved Indiana Jones growing up and at one point even dreamed of becoming an archaeologist because of it. As we were riding, my dad saw how much fun I was having and how much I was immersed in the ride, so at the end, when you go under the boulder and the theme song starts to play, my dad leans down to my ear and starts singing the song to me.

My dad passed away in April, but even now, whenever I ride Indy, during that final sequence, I can hear him singing to me...

Wow, thanks for sharing that Sadako.

• The Grumpiest Bell of All

I am QUITE partial to Jungle Cruise. The reason is ...I'm a dork...its really simple like that. and when I was a kid my dad used that BACKSIDE OF WATER joke all the time. So now i use it all the time!!

2nd choice Peter Pans Flight...which i dont ride often at all because I dont wanna wait 2 hours lol

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Favorite ride at DLR? ToT because the theming is incredible. I've also made some friends because of that attraction.

Favorite ride at DL? Indy because the ride is incredible and the theming is unbelievable. No real stories behind that.

My most memorable ride is Mr. Toad's. It always reminds me of my grandpa riding it with me.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Popular Princess

small world...i just have so many happy memories from riding it
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Big Thunder - If you've been on the same train or within the vicinity of the ride you'll know why.

PeopleMover - Loved that ride as a youngin'!! Especially going thru "Super-speed tunnel", I was partially bummed when they replaced it with Tron, but I forgave them & moved on...wouldn't mind see it back tho...

Wow. A favorite ride? It's going to be hard to pick just one or even two, I love them all!

I'll do it this way.....

Of the rides that are no longer running:
    Submarine ride. As a kid I wanted to be a Marine Biologist, so anything to do with underwater, fish and stuff was excitiing to me.

I also really ejoyed Mission to Mars! I used to love imaging that the ride was real and we were actually lifting off to Mars!

Of the rides that are currently running:
    Pirates! It is so creative and thrilling! And the songs! So fun to sing along to!

And also Space Mountain! Can't get enough of that space mist! haha!

For me, it's the Monorail, no question. My late partner was a CM for many years, and would let me sit alone with him in the nose and we'd chat as he drove. He would do cheesy speils to show off and make me laugh. He passed away in 2004, but when I still go to the park and sit in the nose, it brings everything back.

• Banned User

JUNGLE CRUISE! I love it when i get someone who's extremely witty, and i just crack up the whole time. It's much more interactive than other rides, and it's not the same every time you go on it.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

as i kid i remember getting off of the HM and walking away from it when my dad told me that one of the HHG were behind me, being the child that i was (around 7 to 10) i became terrified and spun around finding nothing after that i was afraid of the ride.

fast forward to 2005:
    i am now an adult (and quite the disneyfreak) we go to disneyland but the HM is closed for it's yearly refubrishment, so i begin to to try and figure out were the bride in the ride is. (i knew she was there i just couldn't place were she was,) finally i saw her and that was that, i became a doombug!
    that is how i became in love with the haunted mansion
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• That's a lot of look.

I love the Enchanted Tiki Room!

When my sisters and I were small, our mom would herd us all into the waiting area while our dad bought us all pineapple spears. We'd eat them while we waited for the tiki pre-show outside. When we were finally let in, we'd try to guess where the best seats were and angle to reach them, dragging our parents behind us. It was always the first rest stop of the day and a respite where we could all just be together and cool off. We were sitting in silence, just watching the show, but it makes me very happy to remember all of us in there together.

I think this memory is especially vivid because the Tiki Room hasn't changed. I suspect that I'm one of the few who is happy about that. POTC and, as we got older, HM had similar memories but both have changed too much for my taste. I will continue to stamp my little feet over that!

• Comin' at ya!

I love pirates because of the smell and atmosphere.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Indy all the way. I just have a mear appreciation for how massive and detailed that whole attraction is!!!
    pshhh i guess

• I'm listening to KDROID

Indy. When it first arrived, the news of its awesomeness spread so far and wide that it reached my little southwestern town, and many of my dad's fellow cops had come back from their own trips to Anaheim touting the wonders of the ride.

I rode it in the summer, but back when the monicker "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Four Hour Line" was still applicable, it made little sense to try and get on it until mere nanoseconds before closing.

So on our first day of our trip, mere moments before shutting off the line, we hopped into what is still for me the unparallelled visitor immersion experience.

The queue, the atmosphere, the movies, the long-lost cards with the "myrogliphics" or whatever they called them on that Disney-Insider show we saw, every last detail shone through to completely submerge me into the presentation, and also gave me a severe case of the willies.

And then there was the ride. Nothing I have ever experienced will ever equal the exhiliration I felt riding Indy for the first time, when everything was working: the ice cubes that dropped when the light beam struck it, all of Mara's eye beams functioned and shone brightly and menacingly, the Mara's ghost scrim wasn't visible behind the stone edifice until you heard that hellish moan, and the rat projection... it was perfect.

And no rides had that sheer "Oh, [expletive]" moment than the showdown with the stone boulder. You KNEW it was coming, but still, it was freaky when you saw it.

So yeah. I'm all kinds of a fan for HM, PoTC, and all things Mountain-y, but I am still enamored with the mystery of Indy to this day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12