Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland is Mine!!

Talking What is your favorite ride and are there any interesting reasons why?

I want to know what favorite rides everyone has and if there is any interesting reason why they are liked?

My favorite are what I call the big five(i.e. the four mountains and indy), but out of those my favorite is Indy. I rode it when it came out in 95' as 5 year old. so everything seemed bigger and real to me. I had seen the Indiana Jones movies and knew what the ride was about. My family has always gone to Disneyland every year on July 4th and so the crowds were bigger, from what I can remember.

Anyways, in the queue inside the building, I was becoming scared with bat efects and the dim lights. When we made it to the spiked hallway and somebody had pulled the pole that used to be there. I freaked out as was trying to push my way out of the shoulder to shoulder crowd. I crouched on the floor and was sobbing. We went through the rest of the ride and I loved it and the rest is history.

Although I am a bit traumatized by it and I walk really fast through that part; and if the pole was there again, I would cover my ears.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: What is your favorite ride and are there any interesting reasons why?

Mine was the PeopleMover - because it was relaxing.

Also Splash Mountain - love to sit up front on a warm summer night in a tank top and throw my arms over the front and get splashed splashed splashed - it's so 'freeing'. Sounds strange, but it is.

Love Matterhorn........because it is the Matterhorn. It's awesome - even though it is jerky and such. Walt rode on it - can't get any better than that.

My favorite has to be Indy. The queue is amazing as well as the ride and the ride vehicles. Its all great. Space Mountain is a close second especially after they updated it to make it in my opinion faster, smoother and darker. If we include DCA I have to say Soaring that ride is amazing.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Mine is very personal and emotional, but I'd love to share it with everyone. My favorite attraction is and always will be 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye'.

The only time I remember going to Disneyland growing up was in '97 when I went for a day in September with my dad. It was so long ago to me that I barely remember anything but the following:

- We had an amazing dinner at the Blue Bayou.
    - The last thing we went on before leaving the park was Indy. I loved Indiana Jones growing up and at one point even dreamed of becoming an archaeologist because of it. As we were riding, my dad saw how much fun I was having and how much I was immersed in the ride, so at the end, when you go under the boulder and the theme song starts to play, my dad leans down to my ear and starts singing the song to me.

My dad passed away in April, but even now, whenever I ride Indy, during that final sequence, I can hear him singing to me...
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• decorating

jungle Cruise. I aspire to be a National Geographic photographer and all of that safari-jungleness makes me happy, like I'm on an adventure. AND I love the jokes. JC is still my dream job.

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Mine is very personal and emotional, but I'd love to share it with everyone. My favorite attraction is and always will be 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye'.

The only time I remember going to Disneyland growing up was in '97 when I went for a day in September with my dad. It was so long ago to me that I barely remember anything but the following:

- The last thing we went on before leaving the park was Indy. I loved Indiana Jones growing up and at one point even dreamed of becoming an archaeologist because of it. As we were riding, my dad saw how much fun I was having and how much I was immersed in the ride, so at the end, when you go under the boulder and the theme song starts to play, my dad leans down to my ear and starts singing the song to me.

My dad passed away in April, but even now, whenever I ride Indy, during that final sequence, I can hear him singing to me...
    Awesome story, Sadako.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

That is a nice remembrance. Thank you for sharing. Makes me a bit emotional too as in the recent years, I have lost 3 loved ones.

Never forget that day in 1997.

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic529 View Post
    When we made it to the spiked hallway and somebody had pulled the pole that used to be there.

The poll you speak of is still there.

I love Pirates and Mansion. It drives my sister nuts because everytime we go, I make her wait in line with me, even on super busy days (I don't live in the area, so I try to make it to Disneyland whenever I visit her).

Those were the two rides that my parents used to take us on all the time when we were tired. So we'd ride through the whole thing, half asleep, but interested and awed by the fire in the town the pirates are pillaging, frightened by the Ghost Host in the elevator room and in the buggy, and generally taking in the sights and sounds of both rides.

My sister was too young to really remember much of those times when our parents took us to DL, but I still remember enough to always try and capture that sense of nostalgia on those rides. And although they are a bit on the tame side, they always make me really happy because it reminds me of my childhood and how happy and grateful I was to be at DL. I can't wait to have my own children, just to take them there, watch their little faces and create memories of their own.

I'm getting sappy, I should stop now.

• I love loop jokes.

My favorite ride would be POTC. Everytime I'm on it I have a flashback of being on the ride with my mom and dad when I was seven. I was sitting right between them, scared and holding onto my mom. After the second drop my dad turned to my mom and said (it was in Armenian but I'll translate), "Wow! When did they add that second drop?"

• Closed Account

The original, un-PCed, un-moviefied version of Pirates Of The Caribbean because it was the last attraction Walt Disney touched before he went to that big farm................

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Big Thunder Mtn. Railroad, cause its just the shhhhhhhh!!!!!

Love the western excitement, thrill. Reminds me when I was 10 and I was scared of Roller Coasters, my cousin told me "dont worry its a slow tour of the west"...I was gullable enough to sit on Space Mtn right after falling for the same excuse. POOR ME!!!!!

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    My favorite ride would be POTC. Everytime I'm on it I have a flashback of being on the ride with my mom and dad when I was seven. I was sitting right between them, scared and holding onto my mom. After the second drop my dad turned to my mom and said (it was in Armenian but I'll translate), "Wow! When did they add that second drop?"
    Ahhhhhh...that explains alot!!!! It all makes sense now

• "714"

Sad Re: What is your favorite ride and are there any interesting reasons why?

*tear*Thats a beautiful story. I read in your last thread (the one about your date) and I was wondering why indy was so emotional to you, what the story behind it was about. I think DL would be very emotional for me If I had any one close pass away that I shared memories with.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Oh my Goodness!

My favorite ride is Small World. I always loved it as a kid but it was special grandma time on that ride. It's the only ride we would do just the two of us. That was her ALL time favorite ride. The last time we went to DL together it was closed for referb. and everytime I asked her what ride she wanted to do next she'd say 'SMALL WORLD!' Finally after the 5th or 6th time of this happening I, much to the delight of my grandma and the utter embarassment of everyone else, recreated as much of Small World as I could as they sat on a bench along the Frontierland trail (compleate w/ Mermaid bubbly voices!). She died this past Feb. while I was in Korea and I never really mourned...until June when my best friend and I went on Small World. I really cried for the first time then. Now when ever I go to DL I have to do a trip around the world w/ Grandma.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast