Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Old Disneyland Mementos

So, do you have any good old Disneyland mementos worth sharing? Old is the key, not something you collected that is less than 5 years old. Let's not go with the strangest thing you have collected from Disneyland, but the the coolest piece.

I just wanted to share the ticket book I got from ebay:

My mom has some good stuff too, like a limited edition Toontown watch for CMs only and a Tomorrowland pin from when they first opened Tommorrowland.

What do you have?

P.S. Looking for a display case for those tickets...xmas gift for my mom.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Old Disneyland Mementos

I have cast member nametags and badges going back 40+ years, as far back as the early 1960's. You can see them at the link in my sig.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    I have cast member nametags and badges going back 40+ years, as far back as the early 1960's. You can see them at the link in my sig.
    Wow! I never thought nametags could be so interesting. I love the little monsters one for DL. Thanks for the site!

Cool ticketbooks. Those stars on the ends there means they were comp tickets, FYI.

I have several hundred Disneyland tickets and ticket books going all the way back to the Park's opening. Here's a small sample (all of which still have their admissions and/or admission stubs still attached and are all still valid today) that I poured out of just one shoebox the other day:

Got tons more.

And my newest acquisition from just a week ago, of a Douglas Disneyland Moonliner executive model (not a toy) from the 60's that I got at an estate sale:

The real thing for reference:

Honestly...I literally have rooms of warehouse storage space full of Disneyland Cast and public memorabilia going all the way back to 1954 when Disneyland was being built. Tickets, guidebooks, Cast newsletters, internal memos, photos, slides, films, souvenirs, costumes, operations manuals, even a couple pieces of the Park. I could never scan it all.

Same on Walt Disney World and the other worldwide Parks as well.

But here's some random others that I already had scanned and uploaded for prior posts:

Etc, etc, etc.

• Comin' at ya!

Sadly, I have nothing old. All I have (which I hold dear, don't get me wrong) are a good majority of items from the Indiana Jones 10th stuff. And I have the Olszewski Haunted Mansion.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Cool ticketbooks. Those stars on the ends there means they were comp tickets, FYI.
    Does that make them worth less or more?

And your stuff...is amazing! Thanks for sharing. I guess I should ask...where did you find all that stuff? The Moonliner original model is amazing!

• The pride is back.

I have a guidebook from 1973 that I got on ebay. It's the little free booklet they used to give out with little sketches and one-line descriptions of all the attractions. I used to love looking through those things when I was a kid. They were cool because even though they weren't all fancy and filled with photos, they were what you were actually looking at as you went through the park - not for where to go, but what attractions needed what tickets.

Another would have to be the digital watch they gave out during the 60-hour launch party for Star Tours.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
    Does that make them worth less or more?
    Generally Comp ticketbooks with the stars are worth less than paid ticketbooks that were sold to the General Public. For three main reasons:

1. Collectors seem to like to collect memorabilia that they once owned in their youth.

2. Collectors seem to like to have the ticketbooks with prices on them for comparative and historical reference.

3. Complete paid ticketbooks are harder to find, making them worth more.

There are lots of unused Cast comp ticketbooks out there. Which is a natural dynamic of the beast. Generally if the average person purchased a ticketbook with hard-earned money...they used it! But there was a ton of Cast Members that never used their comp ticketbooks because they were free, they were getting them all the time, and Disneyland wasn't where they wanted to spend their days off!

Of the three items in your picture, I'd say that your Comp Admission Ticket is your #1 most valuable item simply because it's worth the dollar amount of a Disneyland admission today. It's still valid and you could use it to enter Disneyland right now. Though most people would hang on to it for its historical value to them.

#2 would be your A-E Ticketbook because these are popular because of their part in the popular lexicon of our culture and remind many people of their early trips to Disneyland. But a paid version of the same would be worth more.

#3 would be last, as these types of gray Comp Magic Key books are comparatively easy to find. Disney gave out tons of them to Cast and others. And many went unused. Also, Magic Key Coupons just don't have as much of the popular allure of the A-E's that have the attraction names and ticket prices printed right on them. I've got several and I see 'em for sale on eBay and at shows and sales all the time.

Comp attraction tickets have less exchange value too. For example, if you had some old A-E's from a paid ticketbook, you could trade them in for real money toward a new ticket media purchase at any Disneyland ticket booth. But they won't give you a dime for any Comp A-E's with the stars on them.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom
    I guess I should ask...where did you find all that stuff? The Moonliner original model is amazing!
    I collected Disneyland stuff from back when the Park first opened. So a lot of it was obtained first hand when the item was issued. Souvenir keepsakes more than thinking they might be worth something someday.

But that someday did come...and I started to keep all sorts of stuff. Just about anything that came my way. I also purchased much of it, such as some of the ticket media you see in my scan. Some purchases were to hedge inflation on ticket prices. Others were just to add to my collection. Most of the Comp tickets were given to me either when I worked there...or by other Cast Member and executive family and friends (which I still have many).

The story of my recent acquisition of the Moonliner model can be found in this post:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...51&postcount=8

Now if I can just located the same from the collection of some old TWA executive...I'll have a perfect pair! See how collecting just one item can suddenly make you absolutely need another!

• no flash photography...

I found an old parking stub. I think it said 25 cents on it...LOL

•   

I have a stuffed animal of the little flying butterfly thing from Captain Eo.
    What was his name?

• Banned User

I have a huge book full of stuff.

Dating back from 1990 - Present

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I used to have several 'not completely used' ticket books. Disneyland used to discount your entry price if you returned them after they stopped the ticket books.

I could really kick myself for doing that now. I have 3 or 4 bicentennial ones, etc. and so on.

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I have a stuffed animal of the little flying butterfly thing from Captain Eo.
    What was his name?
    Fuzzball. My, how imaginative.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    Fuzzball. My, how imaginative.

No way! Is that really all it was?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Very cool seeing the really old stuff! I'm gonna start digging but I doubt I have anything that old!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast