• Premium Youngling and

Question Fireworks Question

OK so the "new" fireworks are supposed to debut tonight (I say "supposed to" because there was a rumor that the testing didnt go over well and the debut might be pushed back a couple days {which i'm sure all of you know!}) Anywho, so if the fireworks do show tonight, will I get some snow at the end or will that not be going on til next week? (I just LOVE the version of White Christmas that they play at Disneyland)

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Fireworks Question

The snow will come with each fireworks show, it was supposed to start tonight.

In fact, if the fireworks are cancelled, they might just do the Snow effect by itself tonight. This is normally done when the Fireworks are cancelled due to high winds. They just start the soundtrack with White Christmas, and turn on the snow.

The only time they don't do the snow effect is due to wet weather. The snow (basically glycerin) can cause the ground to become slippery if the ground is wet, so they won't do it for safety reasons.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    In fact, if the fireworks are cancelled, they might just do the Snow effect by itself tonight. This is normally done when the Fireworks are cancelled due to high winds. They just start the soundtrack with White Christmas, and turn on the snow.
    Noo!! I wanted to see the fireworks. O well. Is there any chance they will end up showing them or is the decision set in stone?

• Shubisha

I wanna see the new snow. It's supposed to be much better than in the past, especially in areas that only had a couple nozzles like rivers of america.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    This happened several times during the holiday season last year, when R...DCT was still going on. It is a rather pathetic alternative, when you've been waiting around for the real show, but it's better than nothing. Indeed, I think last year the snow machines were taken down as late as possible to help ameliorate disappointment of a no-show, because I remember hearing I'm dreaming of a white christmas snowfall up until mid-January.

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    This happened several times during the holiday season last year, when R...DCT was still going on. It is a rather pathetic alternative, when you've been waiting around for the real show, but it's better than nothing. Indeed, I think last year the snow machines were taken down as late as possible to help ameliorate disappointment of a no-show, because I remember hearing I'm dreaming of a white christmas snowfall up until mid-January.
    So even though they have canceled the fireworks, they will still let everyone else know that they are going on til they are actually supposed to start?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    So even though they have canceled the fireworks, they will still let everyone else know that they are going on til they are actually supposed to start?
    Since Disney knows in advance that there is a problem with the Holiday show, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an announcement periodically today telling people the show may be canceled, or possibly that it won't happen at all.

If possible high winds is the issue, the announcement will tell people up to an hour in advance that the fireworks may be canceled - although the final decision won't be made until just minutes before showtime.

Obviously the objective is to disappoint as few guests as possible. You don't want to tell them there isn't a show, and then change your mind and do it anyway. But letting on that there is one and having it canceled should only happen if it is completely out of Disney's power.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 11-10-2006 at 11:18 AM.

• Premium Youngling and

Since Disney knows in advance that there is a problem with the Holiday show, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an announcement periodically today telling people the show may be canceled, or possibly that it won't happen at all.

If possible high winds is the issue, the announcement will tell people up to an hour in advance that the fireworks may be canceled - although the final decision won't be made until just minutes before showtime.

• Premium Youngling and

OK well maybe Ill see you guys at the park today/tonight!

• Minion

Obviously the objective is to disappoint as few guests as possible. You don't want to tell them there isn't a show, and then change your mind and do it anyway. But letting on that there is one and having it canceled should only happen if it is completely out of Disney's power.
    Considering they have already cancelled the crowd control CMs, I would tend to believe there will b eno fireworks tonight.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.