• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

DLR AP e-mail, Steakhouse 55 name confirmed, extra discount on merchandise, more

Just got an e-mail of a Disneyland Resort AP "Extra"

Some highlights...

1. They mention "Steakhouse 55" (formerly Granville's)

2. On November 15th and 16th, all AP holders get an extra 10% off merchandise (some items excluded).

This includes selected Dtd stores.

So for most AP holders, they will get 10% instead of normally not getting a discount, and Premium AP holders get 20% off instead of 10%.

3. Wetzel's Pretzels is giving 20% off (twice the normal amount) to all AP holders thru December 15th
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: DLR AP e-mail, Steakhouse 55 name confirmed, extra discount on merchandise, more

Thank you Darkbeer!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Re: DLR AP e-mail, Steakhouse 55 name confirmed, extra discount on merchandise, more

Here is the official info from the Disneyland AP site about the newly redesigned Yamabuki and the kinda new Steakhouse 55

Yamabuki at Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel has completed redesign and features new food offerings. Steakhouse 55 (formerly known as Granville’s) at the Disneyland® Hotel has been renamed and continues to offer award-winning food, and Lounge at Steakhouse 55 completes the transformation, creating a comfortably elegant spot to relax and now features an all-new décor and menu.

Yamabuki offers a charming sushi and saki experience, showcasing a redesigned sushi bar and dining area with new tables, chairs, wall décor and staff costumes. It now features new menu options to match its new décor. The restaurant is introducing an adventurous prix fixe “Imperial Menu,” a unique four-course experience that begins with Ahi Poke Napoleon, Matsutaki Mushroom Consommé, tempura prawns with pan-seared duck breast and concluding with a specialty dessert with a Japanese flair. To achieve the ultimate Japanese dining experience, the various courses in the “Imperial Menu” can be paired with select premium sakes.

Accompanying the newly expanded menu, Yamabuki features an extensive sake menu and a selection of Japanese and American beers.

Steakhouse 55, formerly known as the award-winning Granville’s restaurant, recently changed its name and now takes its inspiration along with its new name from 1955, the year that Walt Disney opened Disneyland®. Under the direction of Chef de Cuisine II Jason Martin, the restaurant transports guests to the straightforward and satisfying American cuisine that has delighted Disneyland guests for more than five decades. The décor is punctuated with black and white candid photos evoking the bygone glamour of Hollywood. Diners can start with Seven Onion Soup, continue on to herb crusted Rack of Lamb or pork rib eye featuring Jason’s own Steakhouse 55 Signature Rub and finish with a slice of classic cheesecake or apple pie a la mode.

At the entrance of the restaurant is the completely redesigned Lounge at Steakhouse 55, a posh bar area featuring velvet and leather chaise lounges, heavily-draped tapestry and black marble topped-tables, which create a luxurious atmosphere of rich textures and deep colors. The Lounge showcases an all-new menu and extensive wine list, featuring a light menu of new and old American classics. Diners will find crab cakes, smoked ahi, pizzetta and artisan cheeses among the offerings.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]