Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Disneyland is Full?

So at about 5:00 this evening I decided to go to DLR to meet up with a long time friend. When I got there, I wish I had my camera for this. Now before I begin, this is no way a bash of DLR as I love the place and consider it a kind of 'second home' for me. But here is a question that I have for you all.

When I got to the off ramp to the parking structure I noticed it had the red X's up. Ok, so let's just take Disneyland Drive past Ball Road to the regular entrance. When I got there, it was completely blocked. We had to take Disneyland Drive and follow the signs to the Harbor Boulevard entrance. When I got there, that too was closed. As I was turning around to park at Downtown Disney (hey I didn't travel for an hour in gridlock not to see a friend), I see a sign that usually shows directions for parking that ready "Disneyland is Full." Wow, I wondered, they must be really busy as I've never read that before, then again, I've never seen both parking lots closed. I get into Downtown Disney's parking lot and proceed to DTD. The place was completely packed. Now at this point I figured that I would not be able to meet my friend in the parks.

Now this is where my question is. I got passed the bag check and noticed that they were letting people in to the park. This is fine as they might have Park Hoppers and were just coming back from DCA. But why were they still selling tickets if they had a bunch of signs saying that Disneyland was full? I'm still trying to figure out how they say it's full when it really wasn't. Was it supposed to be to drive away potential guests? Can someone please explain this?

Oh and I did get to meet up with my friend but I just had dinner and then I left shortly after that.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland is Full?

Wow... I have no idea why they were still selling tickets if they were full. Unless they were selling the tickets for the next day or other days...

I knew this would be a really bad weekend because last year we went on Veterans Day weekend and Disneyland AND DCA were at capacity...

Somewhere someone else posted a pic of the "Disneyland is Full" sign...

At least you got to see your friend!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Why do you keep talking?

like pengy said, just cause they're selling tickets doesn't mean it's for that day
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Wow... I have no idea why they were still selling tickets if they were full. Unless they were selling the tickets for the next day or other days...

I knew this would be a really bad weekend because last year we went on Veterans Day weekend and Disneyland AND DCA were at capacity...

Somewhere someone else posted a pic of the "Disneyland is Full" sign...

At least you got to see your friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    like pengy said, just cause they're selling tickets doesn't mean it's for that day
    Never thought about that. Then my next question would be why were they letting people in?
    -Jack

• Why do you keep talking?

cause they didn't reach illegal capacity? Perhaps all the signs were in anticipation in case such an event would occur. This way Disney can just say "we had signs" from a legal stand point. maybe they did reach full capacity at one point but by the time you got there enough people had exited the park to warrant letting more people in.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    cause they didn't reach illegal capacity? Perhaps all the signs were in anticipation in case such an event would occur. This way Disney can just say "we had signs" from a legal stand point.
    Hmm, point well taken, thanks.
    -Jack

• Banned User

Well maybe they were letting people in only according to the rate of how many people were leaving the park.

Quote Originally Posted by TotoMarvs View Post
    Well maybe they were letting people in only according to the rate of how many people were leaving the park.
    Also, sometimes they allow re-entries into the Park, while not allowing new first-time entries in. So could it be that you were witnessing folks being allowed in that were just re-entering?

• SoCal "Select" Cheapskate

We were there tonight too...We checked in with guest relations (Club 33 reservations!!!) and they said DCA was still open and they were only letting in APs, dinner reservations, and tickets purchased before 12:00pm. We talked to a lot of CMs and it turns out NO ONE was expecting this much. There were 85,000 people there!!!!!!!!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Cacopelao! View Post
    We were there tonight too...We checked in with guest relations (Club 33 reservations!!!) and they said DCA was still open and they were only letting in APs, dinner reservations, and tickets purchased before 12:00pm. We talked to a lot of CMs and it turns out NO ONE was expecting this much. There were 85,000 people there!!!!!!!!

Well if they let people in who have dinner reservations I might be in luck. I have had Blue Bayou resies for months. I should be alseep. Iver got less than 3 hours before i have to get up to catch the airporter

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Also I believe that if enough people leave the park, Disney will re-open the gates until the park hits capacity again.

Also, I believe that guests of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort are guaranteed admission, cause I remember on July 17th (and on New Years Eve) we were told that we'd be able to get in if Disneyland hit capacity, I think we just had to have a dated Hotel room credit/charge slip with us as proof that we were staying there, since Hotel room keys aren't dated. So if you've got that slip, you were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Well if they let people in who have dinner reservations I might be in luck. I have had Blue Bayou resies for months. I should be alseep. Iver got less than 3 hours before i have to get up to catch the airporter
    Get to sleep!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

The park will be full all through the 2nd of January.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    The park will be full all through the 2nd of January.
    Really? Every single day?
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Hooterville, USA

It didn't reach capacity. They have different levels where they stop the selling of tickets first, then wait for the fire marshall to determine what capacity is for that day.

It will reach capacity before Christmas is over though. So, go early!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post

It will reach capacity before Christmas is over though. So, go early!
    My family (because they are crazy people) usually go sometime between christmas and new years and almost every time, the park is packed. I did this one time with them. Never again.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast