Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vault 28?

Vault 28?

Vault 28 in Downtown Disney opened a few weeks ago - Has anyone been there lately? Any ideas of Guest response? Is it doing well?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Vault 28?

I bought a shirt during the shop's opening weekend.

Needless to say, my $40 high-end shirt saw better days (when it was still on the rack). Even though I wash it completely seperate from everything else, inside out, and I hang-dry it indoors, it has a small hole in it already, and fraying threads on the hem on the bottom of the shirt.

I've worn it probably 5 times TOTAL.

This shirt should not be experiencing this kind of wear-and-tear after 5 washes.

C'mon, Disney. If you're going to sell $40 shirts, make them last.

Bad show. ...But I guess I should have known better.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Has anyone noticed the "website coming soon" message on the www.disneyvault28.com site? I wonder if we will be able to shop the store online?
    "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
    Kidada Jones

• Banned User

Well I hope it does well I did a bunch of jewelry for it I did the keys that have the kingdom couture logo and a bunch of other stuff like vault charms and earrings, Please give it time, its a new venture for the Disney staff and venders, and they are trying to make the Disney Look hip with young adults and give the average tourist from Iowa a Hollywood Store feel without leaving DTD.
    And yes it is pricy now but lower price items should be instock by the grand opening

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Dog View Post
    Well I hope it does well I did a bunch of jewelry for it I did the keys that have the kingdom couture logo and a bunch of other stuff like vault charms and earrings, Please give it time, its a new venture for the Disney staff and venders, and they are trying to make the Disney Look hip with young adults and give the average tourist from Iowa a Hollywood Store feel without leaving DTD.
    And yes it is pricy now but lower price items should be instock by the grand opening
    It opened on October 11th.
    "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
    Kidada Jones

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I bought a shirt during the shop's opening weekend.

Needless to say, my $40 high-end shirt saw better days (when it was still on the rack). Even though I wash it completely seperate from everything else, inside out, and I hang-dry it indoors, it has a small hole in it already, and fraying threads on the hem on the bottom of the shirt.

I've worn it probably 5 times TOTAL.

This shirt should not be experiencing this kind of wear-and-tear after 5 washes.

C'mon, Disney. If you're going to sell $40 shirts, make them last.

Bad show. ...But I guess I should have known better.
    If you get ahold of disneyears they should be able to help you. I threw the number away, but if you have a DL receipt it should be on the bottom. I was charged twice for a shirt one time and they gave me a refund no problems!! I also purchased a wallet one time and they sent me another one because it was defective. Give them a try!
    Foolish Mortal

• MC State Comptroller

I have yet to see the Vault 28 store, but by what i've read and been told it kind of sucks.

Why can't Disney open a truly Vault Disney Store, with clothes and things with old time Disney stuff on it like Spin and Marty, or classically drawn characters like old Mickey and Donald. I would drop a huge amount on anything with old attractions on it. I really wish they would expand to this. I think, with as much as people like "retro" things, Disney could make a killing on this stuff.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Come on now, people.

Let's stop bashing this store - it's really getting old.

How many threads have I read bad mouthing this new store?

How many years worth of comments have I seen about the lack of original retail at the park, the fact that all the stores sell the same merch?

Well, here is a new store selling different stuff then is available most anywhere else in the park.

So yeah, it's not for you Mr. Vintage Disney Person. But it is for someone else. Why not applaud the Disney folks for:

a) Doing Something Different.
    b) Marketing Product to a New Demographic.
    c) Putting more Disney in Down Town Disney.

So you don't like it, so what? Move on, find something else to complain about that is an ACTUAL PROBLEM as opposed to a retail choice that's obviously not for you.

-R

• Magnificent & Marvelous

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
    I have yet to see the Vault 28 store, but by what i've read and been told it kind of sucks.

Why can't Disney open a truly Vault Disney Store, with clothes and things with old time Disney stuff on it like Spin and Marty, or classically drawn characters like old Mickey and Donald. I would drop a huge amount on anything with old attractions on it. I really wish they would expand to this. I think, with as much as people like "retro" things, Disney could make a killing on this stuff.
    Well said! I too would happily drop a ton of money for retro stuff!

Happiest Memories on Earth!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

He asked what people thought, people are telling him. Relax.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

I am relaxed, just trying to post a response to an all too familiar comment I have been seeing since BEFORE the store actually opened:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ighlight=vault

Seems sometimes people forget that not everything at the park is for them... (Yeah, they threw out how Walt felt about that problem years ago)

Personally, I could do without the Princess Fantasy Faire, but that's just me..

-R

• no flash photography...

I went in and was not impresses. The clothes are on rusted hangers and everything is very cheap quality and way overpriced. The "jewlery" is plastic....I could make better pillows than what they had there. we had a good laugh anyway...

I went in last weekend and bought the Taratino pave crystal skull belt for my daughter-in-law. The clerk was very helpful and the transaction went fine. The store is so tiny and the merchandise didn't have a lot of variety--all the t-shirts were of the muted tones. faux-vintage variety. DtD real estate is so prime that I, too, wish there was a true 'vault' type store (in addition or in it's place). I would think that Disney has a lot of precious, one of a kind items that they could sell for a pretty penny to collectors. (What about some of the decor from the 50th?). And those without that kind of money would certainly enter just to look at the merchandise--then Disney could sell rare, limited, or numbered editions of less expensive items to people with less disposable income. Just my thoughts ( trying not to bash the new store).

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMousie View Post
    Just my thoughts ( trying not to bash the new store).
    I tend to agree with you, might be nice to have another collector shop, although I do fairly well at Disneyana. But still, at least they are trying something new and not just throwing another Build-A-Bear or Oakley shop in that spot.

-R

I stepped into Valut 28 once, walked around, looked at their collection of loud jewelry, cheaply made but expensive t-shirts, frilly clothing, a blanket and wine glasses, and was unimpressed (already posted my impression on another thread.) The whole experience took about ten minutes. Now when I stroll Downtown Disney I just walk on by. Nothing there for me.

I think the consensus is that, while it's a good idea to open a Disney dedicated store, it's a mistake to sell low quality products at high prices. My personal opinion is that appealing to people based on a certain age range turns off everyone else and is too narrow a market. It might work better if they sell products with broad appeal, preferrably Disney goods created with thought and originality.

On a related note, I don't like this practice of replacing individual names with numbers like on new cars (i.e., Z28 vs. Ford Mustang). Now Disney is doing it. Vault 28. Steakhouse 55. Department 56. It make everything generic, not original. I think the store's name reflects the trend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast