Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

11/10 Photos - DCA tree has no lights, night shots of Disneyland, Buzz Lightyear....

Last year's DCA Tree was highly promoted....

The "lighting" was listed in the Times Guide, and the lights "danced" to a sound track, and the star had Tinkerbelle, who would fly in a circle.

It didn't live up to the big deal Disney made it out to be, but it was a nice tree, and well lit.

This year's tree is lame.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Fireworks Finatic!

Re: 11/10 Photos - DCA tree has no lights, night shots of Disneyland, Buzz Lightyear.

Even though it seems they should have made sure the tree was lit for the first day of the "official start of Christmas" at the Resort, I bet they are just having a few problems with the lights on the first day. Give them a chance to have it lit in a few days if it's not lit tonight. Even the big tree in Disneyland will have problems with the lights leading to dark spots in the tree, especially the first week or so they have it on in Town Square. It was like that when I saw it earlier this week.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: 11/10 Photos - DCA tree has no lights, night shots of Disneyland, Buzz Lightyear.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    Even though it seems they should have made sure the tree was lit for the first day of the "official start of Christmas" at the Resort, I bet they are just having a few problems with the lights on the first day. Give them a chance to have it lit in a few days if it's not lit tonight. Even the big tree in Disneyland will have problems with the lights leading to dark spots in the tree, especially the first week or so they have it on in Town Square. It was like that when I saw it earlier this week.
    Both Lisa and myself inspected the tree up close, and there was NO lights at all on the tree.

Strange, very strange.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Wow that lot is far away!
    And I so suprised the tree has no lights on.

Re: 11/10 Photos -

Nice photos. How do you get such good shots of the small world holiday facade at night? My pictures always just look like a pink blurr.

Re: 11/10 Photos - DCA tree has no lights,

I worked Friday night, after DCA closing, and the tree was lit with multi-colored lights. They may not have finished decorating the tree when you saw it but it has lights now.

Re: 11/10 Photos - DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Last year's DCA Tree was highly promoted....

The "lighting" was listed in the Times Guide, and the lights "danced" to a sound track, and the star had Tinkerbelle, who would fly in a circle.
    Whoa, when did all that occur? I spent quite a bit of time communing with the DCA tree, last year. And I saw no Tinkerbelle flying in a circle.

I saw only a stationary Tinkerbelle, and I don't remember any particular soundtrack that lights danced to. It was just still lights.

I missed the small lighting "ceremonies" that were conducted every evening, supposedly, to light the DCA Tree. So, I never found out what all that consisted of, either.

However, even without all that, I still felt the DCA Tree was lovely.

Remember, for years, DCA never even had a tree!

Something is better than nothing, especially where DCA concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Both Lisa and myself inspected the tree up close, and there was NO lights at all on the tree.
    Some one posted a up close picture in another thread and I can see the strings of lights on it.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Tree in DCA definitely has lights on it.
    See below

This pic was taken Thursday November 9th

IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Re: 11/10 Photos - DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Remember, for years, DCA never even had a tree!

Something is better than nothing, especially where DCA concerned.
    Agreed but DCA has had a Christmas tree in the past in 01, and 02 it was in the backlot-
    http://www.laughingplace.com/News-PID504920-504929.asp

and then in 2003 the tree ended up in that little ampitheather near Paradise Bay and had that little ice rink around it.

2004 was the year no tree was at DCA but now we have a nice tree not overly huge or anything but a nice one.

Oh and I think DLH got DCA first tree it looks quite familar- Can anyone confirm?
    http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1041804/5

Also in years past DLH got a real tree-
    http://www.laughingplace.com/ShowPic...Christmas+Tree
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Re: 11/10 Photos

Aha. 2004 was the first time I ever visited DCA, so I assumed they'd never had a tree before.

I guess they got so caught up in promoting Tower of Terror that year, that they forgot to put up a tree in DCA.

I remember wondering, in 2004, what's going on?, and why there was nothing in DCA.

By the way I like this year's 2006 DCA tree very much, from the pictures. I love the snowflakes. Actually, it looks a bit better with a snowflake toppper , rather than Tinkerbelle.

I don't think of Tinkerbelle as particularly "Christmas"...

Snowflakes are a perfect symbol of the Holiday, though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12