Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• "714"

Question ~Disappointed with DL x-mas Tree?~

Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed with the christmas tree in disneyland this year? now dont get me wrong, its not horrible and is still very beautiful to gaze at when all lit up but, I was expecting more. I know Disney cant please everyone, but in the pass the trees have been better. Iam alone in this?

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Banned User

Re: ~Disappointed with DL x-mas Tree?~

Don't they use the same tree each year?

• Banned User

I was thinking my self the other day the tree looked a little long and narrow. and looked crooked to. I did not care for it. I think a nice full tree is the best, but its not my choice. yeah, I think then tree is not the best looking.

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Well... no. It'd be very very brown by now.

• Banned User

Its a real tree!!!!!!!!?????????

Yes.
    The best part is going up and smelling it. Mmmm.

• "714"

no I dont think so cause for the 50th the tree was done up all in gold. not sure if you remember?

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Banned User

How do they grow it that large!?

^^Disney Magic

• Banned User

its pieced togther.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

How do they grow it that large!?
    huh? who are "they"?
    Minnietoo

• The Fantasyland guy

the Disneyland tree? what about DCA??? the tree has no lights!

I was a little disappointed in the tree. But, agree, it is beautiful, but I always expect it to be more......Disney...and Magical....I expect to be awed, I guess I expect too much

I haven't seen it up close, in person.

But just going by the pictures.....it's too skimpy at the base. The individual branches, towards the bottom, don't look lush and full the way you might expect from a tree that big.

Usually, companies (the buyers) utilize an inspector to inspect the trees before buying, just to make sure there's no irregularities or misshapen branches etc.

I don't know if Disney did that or not this year. Or perhaps tried to cut costs by buying a lesser, 'irregular' tree on discount.

Last years tree, although, monochrome, did have a depth and fullness that this one, from the pictures, doesn't appear to have.

Also, the color scheme may be just a taste too bright. I like deeper jewel tones. There seems to be a lot of pastel, circus bright colors this year.

Again, my eye is different, and not having actually seen it but for the pictures--I could be all wrong once I see it in person.

What would really really help is to have the criss-crossing garland going across main street, and I don't know if they're doing that this year....which would be ashame.

Also, they need something where the flagpole is. That was always Santa/Goofy's spot, and they had a special sled etc..

With nothing there, that area looks a little barren. If they aren't going to have Santa/Goofy and the sled there, and frankly I don't know why not.....then at least put something festive.

• Still lost in Neverland

It is a real tree, grown at a real Tree Ranch up North. Disney people go up there every year, pick out the tree and it is trucked back down to Disneyland. It must be at least 60 feet tall and they do add, or attach, branches to make it even fuller looking. They spend a few days in the Parade holding area behind Main Street and when ready, the use a crane to lift it up and over the Main Street barrier where the parade exits and lower into place in Town Square.

My biggest complaint about the decorating of Disneyland is they stare doing bits and pieces of decorating around the 1st part of November and keep doing it until the Park is all ready by mid-November. This spoils the whole "Magic of Christmas at Disneyland" the way it used to be. In the distant past you could go to Disneyland right up to Thanksgiving Day and the Park might have some Autumn type stuff up around here and there, but for all purposes, it was the normal Disneyland. The Park closed early on Thanksgiving day, and as soon as the Park was empty of Guests, the Disney Park maintenance people would go to work and overnight the entire Park was transformed into a Christmas Wonderland. All decorations, the big tree at Town Square and the White Trees in the Castle Moat, the little tree up on the hill by the castle in Storybookland, all the Garland, banners and store decorations were all done in ONE NIGHT!!!. It was the most magical thing you could imagine. I would go to the Park on a day before Thanksgiving and then go back again the day after just to experience the most amazing and magical feeling you can imagine in the total and complete change that came over Disneyland in just one night. I guess the Park is too big now and would take longer than one night to do anyway, but I sure miss that part. Disneyland is still the most magical place to be during the Christmas Holidays and I missed it all last year. Going to make up for it this year!
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast