Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    WoW. Some of that stuff is amazing... why do I want ALL of it???? I don't collect that fluffy castle stuff!! I hope I can exercise some self control when if finally comes time to fill out that RSP!
    --Jonathan

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I hope they show pictures of the leather jacket and Disneyland map before we have to fill out the rsp.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I hope they show pictures of the leather jacket and Disneyland map before we have to fill out the rsp.
    Charlie, you really want a leather jacket, don't you!?!
    --Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanIT
    Charlie, you really want a leather jacket, don't you!?!
    Uh, yeah. How did you know?

Okay... I guess I'm being a little obsessive here.
    You should see me right now. I am cracking up with laughter as I write this. I'll try to maintain...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Jonathan,
    Are you registered for the 50th event? If so, what package are you signed up for?
    I am signed up for the Lillian package.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

I'm not sure what to think of the Walt's apartment tour. That's like visiting Club 33 to the tenth power. It's an uber-experience...

I was thinking of selling a kidney so that I'd have enough funds to purchase the Matterhorn experience. Any takers?

/dodges tomatoes

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Jonathan,
    Are you registered for the 50th event? If so, what package are you signed up for?
    I am signed up for the Lillian package.
    Me 2!
    --Jonathan

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    All the RSP Merchandise - some still without pics - have been posted for this event as well. More auction items have been posted too. Check it out:

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...&varPage=hotel
    I have a question about one of the RSP Merchandise items.

"EVENT LOGO T-SHIRT

Take a sneak peek at some of our event apparel featuring the "Celebrating 50 Years of Magical Memories" silk-screened logo.

Navy Blue Crew
    Size Range: Small - XXLarge
    Retail: $24"

Toward the top of the page it also states:

"After the event remaining quantities of this merchandise will be available at select locations throughout the Resort. All elements of this event are subject to change without notice."

Will these T-shirts be available for sale to anyone or only those who paid for one of the special events? On the Tentative Event Itinerary it lists an Event Logo Store in the Disneyland Hotel from 7:00am-5:00pm on Friday, July 15, 2005, and from 6:00am-4:00pm on Saturday, July 16, 2005.
    Not wanting to crash someone else's party but if I am staying at the hotel, can I walk in and buy only one of the shirts without already being registered?

If anyone know could you let me know? Thanks!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

DisneyParkFan, at other events unsold merchandise was then released a store in disneyland available first come first serve.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    Not wanting to crash someone else's party but if I am staying at the hotel, can I walk in and buy only one of the shirts without already being registered?
    No offence, but as a registered guest of the event. I dont think it should be offered to the public untill after the event (auctally, I dont think stuff like shirts should ever be sold to the public, I see that as anohter reason to attend an event, is to get items you normally wouldnt be able to get). At all the events I have been to, there is usally someone at the front of the store looking for event lanyards to show that you are a registered guest to enter and purchase from the store.

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    Will these T-shirts be available for sale to anyone or only those who paid for one of the special events? On the Tentative Event Itinerary it lists an Event Logo Store in the Disneyland Hotel from 7:00am-5:00pm on Friday, July 15, 2005, and from 6:00am-4:00pm on Saturday, July 16, 2005.

If anyone know could you let me know? Thanks!
    How it works is... Disney sets up an "Event Store" (at whatever Hotel they are based in) to sell special event merchandise made only for whatever particular "event" is happening. This includes "Event Only Merchandise" (like T-shirts), and sometimes also it may include "Limited Edition RSP Merchandise" that may have been leftover and unsold from the two or three RSP's that they run (basically a lottery to distribute all the L.E. merchandise). Occasionally they may run another RSP during the event instead of putting it all out in the event store. This seems to be determined by whatever WDES see the supply/demand as being at the event, so you never know in advance what will happen. Most likely I think many items from the RSP will show up at the Event Store (just an educated guess).

Okay, that's what is IN the store... now who may buy it? Well, during the "event" (in this case the event is several days long), ONLY event attendees may enter the "Event Store." All registered attendees are given event "credentials" (on a lanyard) and they must be worn at all times to gain access to any event areas/functions. This includes the Event Store. And yes, they check! There is at least one CM at the door at all times checking for lanyards. It looks like the event store will be open throughout the three days of the "50th" event.

So, how can you get your hands on some of this stuff? Well, AFTER the event is over, they move whatever is left to another location, inside the park. Most probably for this event, it will end up in Disneyana (on Main Street) and/or perhaps some will end up at the Disney Gallery (above POTC). Items from past events can currently be seen for sale in Disneyana right now: lots of stuff from the "Indiana Jones 10th Anniversary" event (including the T-shirts!), and even maybe a couple things from past HMH events or the Sleeping Beauty event I think if you look hard enough.

Note: Don't expect everything to show up the next day on Monday the 18th! It takes them a while to organize and decide where/how exactly to sell all the surplus event stuff. Judging from past events this can take anywhere from a couple days... to several weeks for it to actually show up in the parks. No one ever knows when.

Hope this explains it all clear enough.
    --Jonathan

• Senior Minion

Im really interested in the Horticulture Experience I'm looking and I'm interested in some of the Flowers and Bushes shaped on IASW.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Im really interested in the Horticulture Experience I'm looking and I'm interested in some of the Flowers and Bushes shaped on IASW.
    Are you going to try and enter the horticulture seminar during the event. The reason I ask is because my wife is a florist and I know for sure that we are going to put that on our RSP for the workshops/seminars. Maybe we'll see you there.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Thumbs up Micechat badges and the 50th event

If all of us Micechatters are wearing Micechat badges at the 50th event, it is going to be really cool to be able to meet each other and trade info about the event. Micechat badges will help to break the ice
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    How it works is... Disney sets up an "Event Store" (at whatever Hotel they are based in) to sell special event merchandise made only for whatever particular "event" is happening. This includes "Event Only Merchandise" (like T-shirts), Most likely I think many items from the RSP will show up at the Event Store (just an educated guess).
    It looks like the event store will be open throughout the three days of the "50th" event.

So, how can you get your hands on some of this stuff? Well, AFTER the event is over, they move whatever is left to another location, inside the park. Most probably for this event, it will end up in Disneyana (on Main Street) and/or perhaps some will end up at the Disney Gallery (above POTC).
    Note: Don't expect everything to show up the next day on Monday the 18th! It takes them a while to organize and decide where/how exactly to sell all the surplus event stuff. Judging from past events this can take anywhere from a couple days... to several weeks for it to actually show up in the parks. No one ever knows when.

Hope this explains it all clear enough.
    Yes thank you. I just wanted a T-shirt. I can't afford all the other special events but since I will be there celebrating over the weekend I was hoping to get one of the T-shirts. Thanks again, you answered my questions since I have never been to one of these merchandise events. :devil:
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast