Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Hiding from the Sheeple

50th Anniversary Event Auction Items

On disneygallery.com today they released information on the live auction to be held on July 15, 2005 as part of the Celebrating 50 years event. Some of the items include experiences that would be great for any true Disneyland fan. They are as follows:

Disneyland Horticulturist Experience
    This behind the scenes tour with one of our Horticulture Cast Members will give you the opportunity to see how the magic of Disney comes to life.

Matterhorn Bobsleds:Behind the Scenes Experience
    This behind the scenes tour will give you the opportunity to learn the history of the Matterhorn Bobsled attraction as well as explore hidden areas within the mountain.

Fantasmic! Backstage Experience
    This behind the scenes experience, is sure to give you a first hand look at what it takes to make this spectacular production happen from start to finish.

Walt's Apartment Experience
    Be one of the privileged few to visit Walt's Apartment, located above the Fire Station on Main Street, U.S.A., while enjoying a lite breakfast with Retired Disney Executive, Ron Dominguez.

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams Experience
    Experience the Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams from a different perspective as we teach you the "ins" and "outs" of what it takes to make the magic come alive.

Walt Disney Studio/Disney Archives Experience
    Join Disney Archivist, Dave Smith for a tour of the Walt Disney Studios and Disney Archives followed by lunch in the famous Executive Dining Room.

Railroad Enthusiast Experience
    A delight for any railroad enthusiast, some of our Disneyland® Railroad Engineers and Retired Walt Disney Imagineer, Bob Gurr will take you on a guided tour of the Round House, home to our historical Disneyland Resort trains.

Which of these experiences appeal to you and at what price do you think bidding will top out? Does anybody have any idea how many people each package will accommodate (I would assume 2 or 4) I hope to bid, if not win, at least a one or two of these packages. I am happy to see the creativity that went into some of these behind-the-scenes packages.

• That's Hawt

I would love both the Walt's Apartment and the Matterhorn ones..... I could easily imagine these going for several thousand....
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Easy choice for me -- the archives. Dave Smith is my hero.

~Liar~

• CM for 4 years!

I want Walt's Apartment and the Matterhorn!! Oooh, and Disney Archives!!

I am too poor... plus only a CM>

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    With all the $$ in the L.A. Area? Count the Average person OUT.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Santa Barbara, CA

I'm giving my Cousin Orville's lost parking lot, "behind the lines" tour for much less. "Spaces, Disney Style", costs a whopping six bucks and a beer. It's a two hour walk helping me look for my car. We scale the back of Pirates for a romantic view of the then parking lot form the old guard tower, you can switch on the old sanyo tv. Then, We go to DCA and dig up an old original parking space (I painted the shovel gold) where some kids got busted in 1972. The butts are still there (we renact it all with a gold 50th zippo). I promise to make it memorable, especially peeping into the windows of a few ungulating minivans.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I would definitely love the fantasmic experience- I have already explored Walt's Apartment and the Matterhorn

Although, the horticulture experience sounds kind of fun too, as well as the studio archives.

Sounds like they did an excellent job putting together packages- they should do things like this more often!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    I completely "lost it" at the HHB auction in WDW last year.. I ended up winning a set of prototype bat stanchion figures. I don't know what possessed me! I'm telling you it's dangerous having that bidding paddle in one hand and an empty credit card in the other! It sure was fun winning the bidding though! That was an "experience" in itself, and the room erupts in applause!

I hope I will have some self control at the 50th auction... maybe I should avoid it altogther!

--J.

oohh , walts aprtment, matterhorn and fantastmic experiences have me . I wonder how much these are?
    Are we there Yet? :devil:

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Dramaqueen, how was Walt's apartment? Do you have a contact for there? It is the one place I have not been inside of. My favorite was exploring Pirates after closing. I have some great pictures!

I have a friend who works on Fantasmic so I will probably bid on the others. My wife and I are at the studio in Burbank every now and then and always enjoy the archives (they have a great Mr. Toad car inside).

JonathanIT, if I can ask, what kind of money were things going for at the auction you attended. I am trying to get the wife to agree to a budget for some of these events. I am hoping $20,000.00 will get me a few of them.

I received an email today from artist and former imagineer Eric Robison who is working on some original art for the auction and event. I have always been a huge fan of his work and we collect them whenever they come on the market.

I am happy to see that this event is starting to evolve and it certainly has me excited!

• I can't stand you.

I wonder if the Matterhorn experience includes a quick game of basketball

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Well, I saw Walt's apartment when I was in the College Program- one of the VIP tour guides (and incidentally, someone I went to High School with) met us very early in the park (like 6 am) and took us into Walt's apartment and also Club 33. I did not get to spend much time there, but it is very tiny, not meant for too many people. But from the smell, you just knew it had been lived in, albeit a long time ago (it smelled like my grandmother's house).

Unfortunately, I don't have any contacts there anymore to get you in, or I would certainly try and help you out- most of the leads and managers have access to the apartment I believe (my lead took a picture of himself on Mr. Disney's toilet). I wish I did, I might have asked you to trade contacts so I could get backstage for Fantasmic!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut
    JonathanIT, if I can ask, what kind of money were things going for at the auction you attended. I am trying to get the wife to agree to a budget for some of these events. I am hoping $20,000.00 will get me a few of them.
    WoW, I wish I had such a budget!!

Truth be told, I think there were quite a few bargains to be had at last years HHB for the high-end auction stuff. They had a couple one-off comissioned pieces that were spectacular, and went for far less than I had anticipated. Most of the other lots were "prototypes" of a bunch of the merchandise, and those mostly went for under $1K.

The lot of Bat Stanchion figures I won cost me $1,600.00 -- and I was kicking myself later because I was bidding against one of the guys I had met through Doombuggies.com. If we had been smart about it and discussed it before hand, we could have went in together and bought it for a lot less. I didn't really need all of them, I would have been happy splititing it up and getting half of them. Plus, he was a really nice guy and I felt guilty for outbidding him!

The most beautiful piece in the whole auction was a huge original Dave Avanzino "sculpture" of the three hitchhiking ghosts. It was truly spectacular, and was what I really wanted.. but the guy who won looked "determined" to get it (and he looked rich), so I doubt I could have gotten it for his price; he would have out bid me for sure. I can't remember exactly, but I think it went for less than $5K. I was expecting it to go for over $10K (and if I had the cash I would have paid that much!!). It's the greatest Avanzino piece I've ever seen. Here's a pic:

As for the 50th auction... it's hard to say! A lot of these are "experiences" and some people are willing to pay anything for those "once in a lifetime" kind of events. Just look at the guy who paid $40K to get his own tombstone at the Haunted Mansion!!

But I'm sure with $20K, you'll be able to pick up a nice trinket or two.

--J.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

All the RSP Merchandise - some still without pics - have been posted for this event as well. More auction items have been posted too. Check it out:

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...&varPage=hotel
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast