Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Cast Member

Lyrics From Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I was listening to one of my cd's the other day of the Carousel of Progress attraction, which is one of my all time favorites and I was listening to the song of the attraction, A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow. As I was listening to the song, I started substituting "WALT" into certain parts of the lyrics, which I think is nice (instead of man). What do you guys think?

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
    Shing a the end of everyday,
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
    And tomorrow is just WALT's dream away.

WALT has a dream and that's the start,
    he follows his dream with mond and heart
    and when it becomes a reality,
    it's a dream come true for you and me,

So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
    shining at the end of everyday,
    there's a Great big beautiful tomorrow,
    just WALT'S dream away.

• Dumbo Love driving me mad

Re: Lyrics From Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I love that! That's a wonderful tribute to Walt!

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by gemaedhi View Post
    I love that! That's a wonderful tribute to Walt!

Glad you liked it.

Very nice tribute. Thanks. I love Carousel of Progress and I miss it dearly at Disneyland. What a happy, optimistic vision of the future and a fond, intelligent look at the past -- in a way that celebrates capitalism for a change. Fabulous. I'm glad I have this song on the big CD set to remember one of the Park's finest attractions.

• Zero Blockout Dates

This song is always on my iPod. The Shermans sure did write some great songs.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Former Cast Member

Yes they did. These will forever be etched into my heart and mind. Boy, can you imagine what the world today would be w/o Walt Disney and his dreams and his desire to creat happimess to millions and be that risk taker. I just cannot fathom it.

I also have to say that I am lucky to be recently married to a wonderfuly lady who shares Walt's birthday December 5th. Wow!!!

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    Yes they did. These will forever be etched into my heart and mind. Boy, can you imagine what the world today would be w/o Walt Disney and his dreams and his desire to creat happimess to millions and be that risk taker. I just cannot fathom it.

I also have to say that I am lucky to be recently married to a wonderfuly lady who shares Walt's birthday December 5th. Wow!!!
    When I hear the term "Pixie Dust" it's things like a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow that I think of. The BIG and little details that made it all that much more magical. Relly does seem to be less of it in the park these days...I miss it.

Congratulations, may happiness and joy bless your union always.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

I believe it's still played in Innoventions, but I'm not sure.

I last heard it for the 'hold' music for the 936-MICKEY number, when you dial and are put on hold.

Someone has a 'Carousel of Progress' site that goes through the various stages and sets, plus the music to that attraction. I don't remember where it is offhand.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post

I last heard it for the 'hold' music for the 936-MICKEY number, when you dial and are put on hold.

Someone has a 'Carousel of Progress' site that goes through the various stages and sets, plus the music to that attraction. I don't remember where it is offhand.

It's on the 50th Anniversay "Happiest Homecoming" 2 CD set too. Sounds GREAT. Jeff Sheridan should get a Grammy® for his mastering job on that set. As good as any Steve Hoffman Audio Fidelity or MFSL mastering.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    It's on the 50th Anniversay "Happiest Homecoming" 2 CD set too. Sounds GREAT. Jeff Sheridan should get a Grammy® for his mastering job on that set. As good as any Steve Hoffman Audio Fidelity or MFSL mastering.

Thanks for the well wishes Uzmati. Btw, have you heard of Extinct Attractions.com? They have a complete Carousel of Progress dvd set and cd set that you can purchase. I have vol.1 and it is the history of the attraction co hosted by Rex Aleen's son (he sounds so much likehim). They have a 4 disc cd set from all of the different COP attractions and the different music, including the 1964 World's Fair version. I highly recommend this.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    When Innoventions was designed back in 1998, the Sherman Brothers were asked to re-write the lyrics to the song to better fit the attraction. Tom Morrow sings five different versions of Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow based on whichever zone you entered in (Home, Information, Entertainment, Transportation and Sports). If you like you can always stop and watch all five presentations - if you like walking backwards.

At the time Innoventions opened, several different versions of Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow were released on the Disneyland Forever kiosks CDs - including the full Carousel of Progress show.

It was also used as the entrance music for the "The First 50 Magic Years" film presentation in the opera house.

• Dumbo Love driving me mad

It was one of the best attractions at Disneyland ever. I first saw it at the Worlds Fair in New York, in 1964. I was seven. I saw it at Disneyland a year later, and though it was the same, just being in it's new, happy home made it even more magical and endearing. Over the years, it worked it's way so far into my heart. I'll never forget that song for as long as I live.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    WALT has a dream and that's the start,
    he follows his dream with mind and heart
    Richard Shermin stated in an intreview,that's exactly what he first came up with for the lyric of the middle verse.That's the first one they thought up.They just changed Walt to man.Did you see extinct attractions club DVD on the Carousel of progress?

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore View Post
    Richard Shermin stated in an intreview,that's exactly what he first came up with for the lyric of the middle verse.That's the first one they thought up.They just changed Walt to man.Did you see extinct attractions club DVD on the Carousel of progress?
    Yes, I have the dvd. It is awesome. I just ordered vol. 2, which are the ride throughs of the attraction and the episode where Walt discusses the attraction for the world's fair.

I remember the first time I saw it at Disneyland, too. That song stayed with me and I wouldn't stop singing it. It was exciting to see a positive vision of the future and the depictions of the past made me proud to be an American. What great accomplishments to improve man's life on earth. This type of pride in our past and optimism in the future is what put man on the moon. May it someday be restored. Terrific song, terrific thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast