Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Disneyland is Mine!!

Re:Sadako's Xmas Day @ DL Filming Video & Pics GALORE! (56k = run over by a reindeer)

Wow, thanks for the video. I was in DCA at the time to avoid the madness.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: Sadako's Xmas Day @ DL Filming Video & Pics GALORE! (56k = run over by a reindeer

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    And Ryan Seacrest is so gay.
    If I said that I would be in sooooooooooo much trouble.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: Sadako's Xmas Day @ DL Filming Video & Pics GALORE! (56k = run over by a reindeer

Quote Originally Posted by tom sawyer View Post
    Sadako~
    Thanks for making your video public. Thank You - Thank You! I truly enjoy your efforts. I feel that I luck out each time I see one of your video reports. You material is very entertaining. You are appreciated!
    Thanks. I'd actually perfer not to make them public, but I really like how I don't need to recompress for Google Video and I can just set it to mass upload. However if another incident occurs, I'll have to use Google's private setting and it's not pretty at all. So don't make me use it

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    It was great to meet you today, if only for a minute. And after seeing all this, im real glad i went today and not yesterday.
    It was good meeting you guys too. Sorry if we rushed out of there; Phillip had to leave by 3:30 pm and there were specific rides he wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    BTW, how long has Aurora's dress been purple? Pink and blue I knew about, but when did they combine the colors?
    Actually she has a purple dress in Parade Of Dreams as well, but it's definitely not as shiny and pretty as the one in Christmas Fantasy Parade. I actually really like it. It's Prince Phillip's POD and CFP costumes that I can't stand. He looks pseudo-emo-goth...

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I find it odd that it's for the Walt Disney WORLD Christmas Special, and not the DISNEYLAND Christmas Special
    Well it's because the show will switch between Orlando and Anaheim continously which is why we only had about half a parade (For example we only had 3 Princesses; Aurora, Snow White and Mulan) and some things were switched (For example, Stitch in Santa's sleigh rather than Santa himself. So I guess they need to keep one name for the show and keep it consistent...

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Ok, I have NEVER seen the upper right deck of Jungle Cruise ever opened up, much less known that it was for Indy! Dang! Learn something new, and quite amazing, every day. Thanks for your excellent work, and crowd tolleration skills Sadako.

As for the girls in makeup... having worked in a theater for a while as a lighting tech... stage makeup is always much heavier than your average, "going out with the girls" variety because normal makeup doesn't show up under lights and on camera... it just blurs and washes out and you look like you dipped your face in a vat of sour-cream. It's kind of nasty... so they WAY over emphasize things so that they the wash out occurs, you look normal. Even guys. You'll notice that they put lipstick, mascara and the whole 9 yards on Ryan Seacrest as well. Everyone who will be on camera, be it movie, commercial, tv, the star or an extra, has to go through makeup.
    I actually did a double take myself when I was told that was the Indy queue... but then again, I never saw the old days of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the 4 Hour Line".

As for the makeup, I personally understand that too given my theater and performance background although it seemed the crowds didn't quite understand that the parade was coming through specifically to be filmed and not necessarily for the public the same way it will be starting the 17th. When Ryan Seacrest was getting powdered before each segment, the (very loud) women around me starting saying things like "How much makeup does a man need? Let's get this show on the road!". I don't think they understood that without that much powder, his face would just reflect the massive ammount of light being shined on him and rather than seeing his face, you'd see one big giant sun. Nevermind the fact that he was wearing that fleece sweater and add in the afternoon heat and the massive lights in his face; you bet he's sweating after every single take...
    Last edited by Sadako; 11-13-2006 at 10:41 AM.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Great report! Thank you for sharing your pics and video!

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Sadako's Xmas Day @ DL Filming Video & Pics GALORE! (56k = run over by a reindeer)

I understand the need for makeup for the stage and screen - I've done my share of acting too... However some of those little girls have full eye makeup on and RED lips! I guarantee you that Shirley Temple didn't have that kind of eye or lip makeup on. In her films they used ultra bright lights, so yes, she had a ton of pancake on - but the end result was she looked like the child she was.

On a live stage show I was in, the band had to wear makeup. Well whoever put the makeup on put way too much, and the guys ended up looking - uh - rather feminine... Unless your playing a certain type of character, or your audience is really far away, there is no need for that much makeup...

Which leads me to this: Has anyone ever seen the Huey Lewis & the News video for 'Do you believe in love'? The poor guys have so much makeup on they look like tarts! I can just hear the the makeup artist and director: "Trust us, it looks like a lot of makeup now, but on film it'll look normal..." Well it sure doesn't look normal... if you go here http://www.hln.org/images/screencaps/ , and click on 'Do you believe in love' links you'll see what I'm talking about... Granted the screen captures are darker than the actual video, but you can still see the ultra dark eyebrows, and lips that look almost black. Then imagine what the actual video looks like... Babes in Toyland comes to mind...

Anyway, I'll stop now. Sorry for high-jacking the thread...

• Keepin' it calsteady

Re: Sadako's Xmas Day

No wonder people were complaining about the crowds - Sadako was standing around photographing and filming everything! Jeez...save some Disneyland for the tourists, would ya?!

Cool report, funny captions. I give it 3 stars!

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Gracey View Post
    I understand the need for makeup for the stage and screen - I've done my share of acting too... However some of those little girls have full eye makeup on and RED lips! I guarantee you that Shirley Temple didn't have that kind of eye or lip makeup on. In her films they used ultra bright lights, so yes, she had a ton of pancake on - but the end result was she looked like the child she was.

On a live stage show I was in, the band had to wear makeup. Well whoever put the makeup on put way too much, and the guys ended up looking - uh - rather feminine... Unless your playing a certain type of character, or your audience is really far away, there is no need for that much makeup...
    ummm...i'm a dancer and i have to wear a lot of makeup too. heavy makeup is typical. these girls were made up for the TV cameras probably and because, like i said, it is standard if you are a dancer. even the littleist ones at my dance school have heavy makeup like that. the full-on eye makeup is so that people, even those far away, can see your eyes and the red lipstick is so that people, even those far away, can see your lips. in short, the makeup is there so that people can see your face. (okay, rant over and back to this lovely thread!)

thanx for posting those pics of the dancers sadako but i still couldn't find her! it was very sweet of you to do that!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Sadako's Xmas Day @ DL Filming Video & Pics GALORE! (56k = run over by a reindeer

I'm a bit late, but...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sadako again.

Amazing report! Thank you! And I actually really like the Jungle Cruise jackets... but the costume without the jacket is bor-ing! Thanks for all the great shots from throughout the day!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• A New Kind Of Villain

Thanks you guys! ^_^

Just a big FYI: All 23 videos are now live and ready for viewing, just check the first post in the thread for the index with the links.

It's about to get busy this week. I'm currently uploading a Small World Holiday ridethrough along with the amazing lighting ceremony that utilizes the 'Remember...' projectors and will get video of 'Believe...' from in front of the castle tonight and from Small World tomorrow night. (I want to get them done before the crowds start showing up in the mid-week)

If you wanna come hang out while I film, feel free to shoot me a PM or just show up. Tonight in front of the castle at 7:00 pm and tomorrow night in front of Small World at 7:00 pm. Fireworks start at 7:45 pm.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Banned User

Re: Sadako's Xmas Day

you did a great job thank you. I can not wait to see its a small world at night!!! Thank you Julie

Re: Sadako's Xmas Day @ DL Filming Video & Pics

The one thing I wish I hadn't missed: All of those Mariachis!!! Where did they come from???

The Big Makeup Guy

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisneyland View Post
    I was on the other side of Ryan when that big guy was putting on his chapstick!

That "big guy" looks very much like Hollywood Makeup Pro, Barry Koper. Can't be 100% sure though because of the spotlight washing out some of his face details. Barry's done all sorts of films and TV shows, and has done all 3 of Disney's "The Santa Clause" movies. He is a huge Disney fan and has a massive 5-Star Vintage Disneyland/WDW collection that's almost second only to the Disney Archives. I know he often seeks out any Disney theme park shoots as he loves collecting all the goodies that go with it.

I tried clicking on this link...

Xmas Day @ DL Recording - 2 of 23 - Ryan Secrest Preps

...thinking it might show another or better view of the makeup guy to confirm if it is Mr. Koper or not...but that link doesn't direct me to any Google Video, and just sends me to a MiceChat error message page.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: The Big Makeup Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    I tried clicking on this link...

Xmas Day @ DL Recording - 2 of 23 - Ryan Secrest Preps

...thinking it might show another or better view of the makeup guy to confirm if it is Mr. Koper or not...but that link doesn't direct me to any Google Video, and just sends me to a MiceChat error message page.
    That video just shows him prepping himself to introduce Daniel Powter. Basically the first public appearance Ryan Seacrest made at the park.

And... the link is now... FIXED!

with the power of L O V E ! ! !

*CHU!*
    Julie Rei

• Picturing the Magic

Re: Sadako's Xmas Day @ DL Fil

great update. thanks for the pics

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Disneyland or bust!

Re: Sadako's Xmas Day @ DL Filming

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I find it odd that it's for the Walt Disney WORLD Christmas Special, and not the DISNEYLAND Christmas Special
    Yeah, I commented the same thought to Tool on Saturday, but Sadako's explanation makes sense!

Great trip report and photos, as usual, Sadako! We were there Saturday, but got there at about 4pm because we'd heard it was so crowded.

I'm sooo looking forward to the Holiday parade! I noticed the little schedule (the paper ones given out at the gate) said the rest of the parades were the regular Parade of Dreams, but then we heard people talking about the AM parades, so I actually asked a couple of different CMs about the later parades (5:30 and 7-something), and both CM's were POSITIVE the afternoon parades were also holiday... I even pointed out that it said differently in the schedule, but they were POSITIVE... so I was kinda disappointed to see the Parade of Dreams. I wonder why not just change it over for the rest of the holidays as of yesterday, rather than just for the AM parades?
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123