Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Re: What to wear this Christmas season at the Disneyland Resort!

I love men who wear Utilikilts. Quite a few of my (yes, straight) male friends wear them quite often.

I think people should dress however they are most comfortable. I once asked a woman why she chose to wear spiked heels at the park, because they would have to be so uncomfortable. But, she said that her feet are most comfortable in heels.

To each their own.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    THis might be a new costuming idea for the 7 dwarfs. I can see it now! -
    But wouldn't they be 'full length' for them?

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    But wouldn't they be 'full length' for them?
    no they'll be wearing mini's
    Minnietoo

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad View Post

I hear they are quite comfortable. Why does one wear shorts to Disneyland? A utilkilt is pretty much the same thing, just a bit more open. There is a lot of construction companies whose workers wear Utilkilts because they are comfortable and very useful on the job.
    There were multiple posts about these being common. Where? I have never seen them. I think they are cool, and I LOVE wearing skirts, so I understand, on a hot day, they are cooler than shorts, but how are they good for work? If I had any type of manual labor job, they would not work. Even with Kids, getting up and down doesn't work so hot...

Erika

• "Always On The Move..."

I guess it depends upon where you live, out here in CA (even in the Central Valley) I see more and more kilts all the time; all styles, tartans, solids, leathers, and types (traditional, formal, and untilikilts).

Also, have been seeing more and more of them at the parks. I guess I'm a bit more aware of them, cause I love seeing them on the guys. So..yeah.. I'm a "kilt watcher." Probably 99% of the public at the parks either don't notice them or don't pay attention to them.

(And for the record..I detest being in a "skirt," I just refuse to wear dresses or skirts...just hate them. But if I was a guy...yeah, I would probably be in a kilt. Don't know why..but just the way I feel. ...now back to looking at my pics of Ewan and Liam) LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    I guess it depends upon where you live, out here in CA (even in the Central Valley) I see more and more kilts all the time; all styles, tartans, solids, leathers, and types (traditional, formal, and untilikilts).

Also, have been seeing more and more of them at the parks. I guess I'm a bit more aware of them, cause I love seeing them on the guys. So..yeah.. I'm a "kilt watcher." Probably 99% of the public at the parks either don't notice them or don't pay attention to them.

(And for the record..I detest being in a "skirt," I just refuse to wear dresses or skirts...just hate them. But if I was a guy...yeah, I would probably be in a kilt. Don't know why..but just the way I feel. ...now back to looking at my pics of Ewan and Liam) LOL

where in the central valley are you, i NEVER see kilts unless its renn faire....

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
    I love wearing skirts in DL, I do it frequently, for me they are more comfortable, I also wear dresses a lot...all you have to do is be careful getting on and off rides...matterhorn bobsleds are difficult...but workable if you act like a lady.

For some people shorts are most comfortable, for others a skirt/dress, others it may be a kilt, and yet for another it may be .... well you get the idea....

let people wear what they want, why critcize everything....sheesh
    Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. I frequently wear skirts to DLR because I'm not as comfortable in shorts, and skirts are cooler/less-hot than jeans. If I wear a longer skirt, I can ride on any ride, including Matterhorn or Splash Mountain; I just arrange the skirt carefully.
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

• Minion

I don't care how confortable they are, if it's warm I wear shorts. That's what guys are supposed to wear. No kilts or skirts. Would it be acceptable if I wore short little "Daisy Duke" style shorts? I doubt it.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    That's what guys are supposed to wear. No kilts or skirts.
    That is a dangerous statement. Whatever culture you are doesn't dictate what is and isn't acceptable in other cultures. As long as whatever this guy is wearing isn't obviously obsene or against the laws of the land, I don't see how it matters to you.

That is one butt ugly kilt

punn intended
    Janette

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by Erika Ruth View Post
    There were multiple posts about these being common. Where? I have never seen them. I think they are cool, and I LOVE wearing skirts, so I understand, on a hot day, they are cooler than shorts, but how are they good for work? If I had any type of manual labor job, they would not work. Even with Kids, getting up and down doesn't work so hot...

Erika
    I go to Highland Games and festivals, so I see them quite a lot, as well as plain kilts.

I have no idea how they work with the manual labor side, but construction workers seem to really like them, Utilkilt has pictures of loads of construction companies wearing them in their booths at the games

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post

I think a lot of Scots came to California after they originally migrated to Canada in the New World, so we are going to see a bit more here then other places. Plus CA has good weather for non-Scotsmen to bear wearing kilts.

• just the beernecessities

Utilikilts have been around for at least 10 years that I know of. I remember seeing them for sale at a music festival in Seattle. I am glad to see that they are getting more popular. Maybe we can break down that "skirt"/"gender bias" issue once and for all. I think for a bigger man, they would be more comfortable than jeans or even shorts...sowhatsthebigdeal??

• Minion

Blog Entries

you know....ive always wanted to marry a scot.....not only do they have the sexy accents, i can force him to wear a kilt to the wedding! not to mention all his buddies too!

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    you know....ive always wanted to marry a scot.....not only do they have the sexy accents, i can force him to wear a kilt to the wedding! not to mention all his buddies too!
    If he's a self-respecting Scot, you won't have to force him!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    That's what guys are supposed to wear. No kilts or skirts.
    Well, and some folks also believe that women are not supposed to wear pants either.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast