Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland is Mine!!

Who else experienced the hectic weekend at DLR?

So, I went to DLR this past weekend with my aunt and cousins and was really, really, really, really, really, really excited for this. This was the first time we had gone during the holiday season, so I was able to see HM, IASW, and DLR in their festive decor.

Anyways, I expected their to be huge crowds due to Veteran's Day (God Bless), but what I didn't expect was there to be a taping of the Christmas Day Parade. The lines for every ride were long, about over an hour for each and so were the lines to get food. It took us about one hour to wait for a table and two hours to get food (the two hours overlapping the one hour of course). There were lines to go to the bathroom and there were hour long lines for churros! Sadly, I was only able to get one churro Bright side was that, we got to see HMH, IASWH, the fireworks, decorations, etc. In all, I'd say it was worth it.

Another thing, I didn't see one Dream Cast Member so we didn't win anything. I was hoping we could win fastpasses because of the lines. But as we waited in line, we could only stand and watch as people with the dream fastpass went on through.

• Senior Minion

Re: Who else experienced the hectic weekend at DLR?

Wow! I was reading about the crowds expected as the weekend approached and was wary of going, but my urge for all things Disney overpowered me and I went on Sunday around 1pm. It was GREAT! There weren't any big crowds and lines for rides didn't go near a 1 hour wait time. It was great, and the most "empty" I have seen the park in quite a while.

• Disneyland 1st, then food

I also went on yesterday (Sunday) and the morning was awesome. No lines, we walked right onto IASW!!! By 2 it was a little bit hectic, Indy was at 45 min. but most rides were not too long. We left at 4:30 and had a great day!!!

• Up is Down

friday was the bad day the other wernt bad from what I have heard.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Disneyland is Mine!!

Friday was the worst and Saturday was terrible in the morning and cleared up at night. Although I was able to see the lighting of IASW which I have video so I'll post it later, along with the crowds.

• Self Congratulative

I was there on Saturday. It was pretty crazy. FP's for Space Mountain sold out pretty early and it maintained a 85-65 minute wait throughout the day. Later in the evening we walked on most things like IASW.

What made me mad the most was the fact that EVERY restaurant was booked up. I came here from WDW on this trip and seriously wanted to go to the Blue Bayou but was told that the whole weekend was booked up over a week ago.

They were taping segments for the Christmas special on ABC. Allie and AJ performed early on as well as Daniel Powter and Raven Simone. Ryan Seacrest was there later on when they were filming the parade.

• Former Cast Member

My wife and I went last night around 7 pm and it was very nice, not too crowded at all. We did not stay very long, but had a great time. We had dinner at my favorite, Plaza Inn (great pasta and pot roast). We then went over to small world and rode that attraction and then watched the fireworks from there, then went back to Main Street for a little shopping and then went home. All in all, a very nice evening. Now we are in the mood for Christmas.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I was there for most of the day yesterday and it wasnt too bad at all. For 15 of us to go on PotC, it wasnt longer than 15 minutes, and that was at about 2pm.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Banned User

How will this weekend be at the resort?

• Basking in birthday love

Friday was bad. I mean, BAD. Saturday seemed really bad because of the reduced capacity in the morning (and don't even get me started on how supremely stupid it is to do major filming that shuts down the park's main artery on the holiday Saturday that kicks off one of the busiest seasons at the park), but pretty much as soon as the dust from the parade cleared, things lightened up. Yesterday seemed pretty chill, but I was at Tiki, where we're pretty chill even when the rest of the park is insane, so I wouldn't know.

It must have been busy in the morning on Saturday, but it seemed to clear up about 1. I was at the tapings (TR to come tonight). I was able to go to Plaza Inn at 1 or so and the wait for food wasn't too bad. The lines in the evening weren't bad, especially Small World Holiday. Sunday was better (as Frecky said we only waited 15 minutes for Pirates at 2) and we didnt wait long for Small World on Sunday either. The fireworks spots were crowded n Sunday night though, and it got busier as the day progressed.

•   
    • I <3 o

We came in on friday evening(my b-day) and saw that horrible sign that said "Disneyland is Full", I almost cried. but luckily we had already bouth our tickets and were staying at a good neighbor hotel so they let us in
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Minion

I was there on Sunday and it wasn't that bad. The park became a ghost town right after the fireworks so we managed to walk right on Space Mountain, Pirates, Indy, Mansion, Thunder Mountain and Autopia.

• Dreams do come true

We went Sunday to DCA and had a great time

• Premium Youngling and

Exclamation Re: Who else experienced the hectic weekend at DLR?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic529 View Post
    So, I went to DLR this past weekend with my aunt and cousins and was really, really, really, really, really, really excited for this. This was the first time we had gone during the holiday season, so I was able to see HM, IASW, and DLR in their festive decor.

Anyways, I expected their to be huge crowds due to Veteran's Day (God Bless), but what I didn't expect was there to be a taping of the Christmas Day Parade. The lines for every ride were long, about over an hour for each and so were the lines to get food. It took us about one hour to wait for a table and two hours to get food (the two hours overlapping the one hour of course). There were lines to go to the bathroom and there were hour long lines for churros! Sadly, I was only able to get one churro Bright side was that, we got to see HMH, IASWH, the fireworks, decorations, etc. In all, I'd say it was worth it.

Another thing, I didn't see one Dream Cast Member so we didn't win anything. I was hoping we could win fastpasses because of the lines. But as we waited in line, we could only stand and watch as people with the dream fastpass went on through.
    I went this weekend and had a great time! Ya it was packed, but that is what I have a pass for! I thought it was funny how people were frantically running from ride to ride to get in as many attractions as they could while my cousins and friends were casually walking and just hung out. I love the days when you just "stop and smell the roses" (or something like that). It's really fun to walk and really appreciate Disneyland for what it is. I think I would much rather do that than fight the crowds on a Veteran's Day Weekend.

I did get frustrated while waiting in line at the French Market to catch a late lunch and here's why... A older woman behind us that was accompanied by her daughter and mother would not stop complaining the whole time we were waiting.Here were some of the things she was complaing about...
    1. "All the rides were closed today." (2 were closed:Matterhorn and The Monorail)
    2. "The food is expenisve" (It's Disneyland, come on. You should know that before you go there.)
    3. "The lines were long." (HELLO!!! It a National Holiday!)
    4. "It's too hot." (It was like 75)
    5. "The food didnt look good." (Go somewhere else!)
    I was so close to just turning around and telling her to go home.

But other than that, my trip was awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast