Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Bernardino Mountains
    Posts
    1,278

    Question Are the decorations done?

    I went to Disneyland on Sunday and although most of the Christmas decorations appeared to be up I also noticed that alot of stuff seemed to be missing. There were no lights on the trees at the hub. The castle didn't have any decorations on it. Main Street didn't have the garland hangin across the street. Are they done with the decorations?

  2. #2

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    The start of the holiday season was officially November 10, so I would assume that yes, all of the decorations are done... but you never know.. after all, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet...

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,038

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    Not sure if there is still more to go up. But I would assume that they would have it done in time for the Christmas day parade taping this past weekend. They didn't do the garland over Main St last year either because it hung too low for floats in the parade. I could be wrong though.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    948

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    yeah the garland hangs to low for the daytime parade floats so they can't put them up for xmas. but for the other decorations, i hope they are not done with the castle, there is not very much up there, and the lights on the trees in and around the hub area, never really got that many lights these past few years. i remember when they used to put them up and they had like blue snowball looking lights in them but they haven't been used in awhile.

  5. #5

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Not sure if there is still more to go up. But I would assume that they would have it done in time for the Christmas day parade taping this past weekend. They didn't do the garland over Main St last year either because it hung too low for floats in the parade. I could be wrong though.
    I noticed the 'no garland' last year too. It's too bad - thought it always looked nice.

  6. #6

    • Basking in birthday love
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Claremont bubble
    Posts
    2,269

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    I imagine the garlands across Main Street are probably going up in the next day or so. They couldn't go up while the Parade of Dreams was still running, because Simba would have eaten them. As for hub decorations, they might not have had time to set those up, what with the whole filming fracas.

  7. #7

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    fracas.
    Good word. Should be the word of the day!

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Bernardino Mountains
    Posts
    1,278

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    I really hope they will be putting more up in the next week or so. It just seems kinda skimpy and cheap...like an obvious budget cut victim.

  9. #9

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    I imagine the garlands across Main Street are probably going up in the next day or so. They couldn't go up while the Parade of Dreams was still running, because Simba would have eaten them.
    Yummy for Simba. LOL I can just imagine Simba taking a big chunk of the garland across Main Street. I know what you mean but it still sounds funny.

  10. #10

    •   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Planet Selectro, in the Andromeda galaxy
    Posts
    2,042

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    Ever noticed that the Disneyland at the end of Soarin is all decked out for Christmas? You can even see the garlands you are talking about.

  11. #11

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1157 miles from home
    Posts
    4,892

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Ever noticed that the Disneyland at the end of Soarin is all decked out for Christmas? You can even see the garlands you are talking about.
    Funny thing - the first time I rode Soarin' I thought that they put in a holiday finish at the park because it was DURING the holidays and chalked it up to another wonderful little bit of Disney Magic. Imagine then my disappointment when I rode it in early October and it was still all Christmassy looking.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

    "Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"
    * * *


  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,709

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    They haven't decorated the trees around the castle, in the hub, or in small world mall for a few years now. There used to be SO many lights in the trees. They also don't decorate the entrance to Adventureland, wrap those huge palm trees in Paradise Pier, hang garland from the castle's turrets, or put up that big star in Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

  13. #13

    • Premium Youngling and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Making your Starbucks beverage
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    yeah the garland hangs to low for the daytime parade floats so they can't put them up for xmas. but for the other decorations, i hope they are not done with the castle, there is not very much up there, and the lights on the trees in and around the hub area, never really got that many lights these past few years. i remember when they used to put them up and they had like blue snowball looking lights in them but they haven't been used in awhile.
    I thought that was the excuse for last year when running POD. Another rumor of the garlands' non-existence was that it would obstruct the view of R...DCT. It better be there this year!

    But I also notcied that some stuff was missing. It wasn't too obvious but it just didnt feel finished.

  14. #14

    • Premium Youngling and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Making your Starbucks beverage
    Posts
    3,796

    Lightbulb Re: Are the decorations done?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    They haven't decorated the trees around the castle, in the hub, or in small world mall for a few years now. There used to be SO many lights in the trees. They also don't decorate the entrance to Adventureland, wrap those huge palm trees in Paradise Pier, hang garland from the castle's turrets, or put up that big star in Hollywood Pictures Backlot.
    When I went on Friday, the only decor on the castle was a tiny bit of garland stretched over the entrance and a wreath with pink bulbs on it. (I think they were pink)

    It would be stupid of them to not put lights on the trees around the castle or decor on the castle itself. A lightbulb just turned on in my head! Maybe they didnt put lights on in the trees by the castle last year because all those strobe lights in the trees they used for R...DCT would get in the way. (Yes/No?) And maybe they didnt put garland up on the castle because of the mini pyro-blasts used during the shooting gallery part of R...DCT would be a fire hazard. Man Im on a roll today! (haha, get it? on a roll.)

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    huntington beach
    Posts
    1,028

    Re: Are the decorations done?

    Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    ...yeah the garland hangs to low for the daytime parade floats so they can't put them up for xmas...
    the garland is up this year ... dont you worry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] HMH Decorations Up Outside
    By Luke Manning in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 02:52 PM
  2. So when do you put up your Christmas decorations?
    By Barbossa in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 01:41 PM
  3. Halloween Decorations...
    By DMof2 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 09:04 AM
  4. Decorations
    By hauntedhoilday in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 11:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •