Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

More Bribes for New CMs!

I was listening to KIIS fm this morning, and a Disneyland advertisement to recruit CMs came up (Soarin' music playing in the background). Apparently, if a newly-hired CM lasts at least 3 months, they get a $500 bonus.

Why won't they just raise the wages? Especially if they're willing to throw $500 a pop around now? Maybe they're certain that most of them won't do it anyway. Oye.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: More Bribes for New CMs!

...$500 sounds good to me! They really are desperate!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I heard the same ad on KROQ this morning.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• I'm your huckleberry.

That's just pathetic. CM's will see MAYBE $300 of that $500 (bonuses are taxed at a much higher rate than wages). That's the equivalent of earning only $1.30 more per hour if you're a CM working 20 hours per week for 12 weeks.

That's a pretty lousy deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

The girl in the radio ad is 'sylvia' and has a strong mexican or hispanic accent. I think they're really trying to reach for that demo.

Other than that, the ad really grates on my nerves for some reason. After she does her bit about loving working there and saying that she's 'Disney', the very unethnic announcer guy asks "Are you... are you 'DISNEY'?" Then totes the extra $500 bonus.

Why can't they just pay more for those who do work there so they can keep the brightest while attracting the brightest too?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Why can't they just pay more for those who do work there so they can keep the brightest while attracting the brightest too?
    That's what I don't understand either. The answer is so simple, yet TDA is still blind to it! *shakes head*

It's a chain reaction. If you pay your CMs well, you'll get prime individuals applying to work at Disney. When you have prime CMs, they won't leave you, and they'll be happy, and the happiness will rub off on everyone else.

Of course, they need to improve the backstage areas too...but wages would, IMO, be the first obvious initiative if they want more hires to stay.

• my two sunshines

Sounds like the military and signing bonuses - is it only for full time employees?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    That's just pathetic. CM's will see MAYBE $300 of that $500 (bonuses are taxed at a much higher rate than wages). That's the equivalent of earning only $1.30 more per hour if you're a CM working 20 hours per week for 12 weeks.

That's a pretty lousy deal.
    You are correct but I think they'll probably seem something around the $275 range as bonuses are taxed at about 40-45%. At least that's what I see from my work.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I bet Disneyland would just fire them before the three months are up. Therefore, they wouldn't have to pay $500, while at the same time remaining true to their deal and getting many more CMs out of it.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

It's amazing how hard it is for them to understand that higher wages would be the first step in the right direction. I mean, I for one am a college kid who's very into Disney and am interested in working for the mouse. Even though I don't live that far away, the commute is still enough that the gas money would take away quite a bit from my paycheck. TDA needs a wake up call.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    You are correct but I think they'll probably seem something around the $275 range as bonuses are taxed at about 40-45%. At least that's what I see from my work.
    It depends on what tax bracket you're in. Hence my saying they'll get "maybe" $300. $300 would be on the high end of what a person could recieve from a $500 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    It depends on what tax bracket you're in. Hence my saying they'll get "maybe" $300. $300 would be on the high end of what a person could recieve from a $500 bonus.
    Very good point, as most of the new hires would be kids in college, I highly doubt most of them will get anything higher than $300 by what they claim.

Ok back on topic as I was just ranting.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• That's a lot of look.

I double-checked the employment website and the bonus is for bussers and stewards, the most back-breaking jobs in any hospitality setting. The applicants for those jobs go in knowing that the work is hard. What on earth is Disney doing to their bussers and stewards that they won't hang around for even 90 days?

Bonus info, including how it will be paid: http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/d...ly/hourly.html

Pay rates for available jobs: http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/d...y/hourly2.html

Are the ads with "Sylvia" similar to those Spanglish-using, heavily-accented-speaker ones that Alaska Airlines was using?
    Last edited by missmonkey; 11-13-2006 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Left a question out.

• Former Cast Member

They need to raise their wages or we will see more and more rude and non caring cast members at the park. After coming back from my honeymoon, my wife and I find ourselves comparing the Disneyland cast members to those in WDW and there is no comparison. WDW has the nicest cast members over Disneyland. Last night we saw nothing but rude CM's. We ate at the PI and their bussers were standing out where the guests could hear them and they were chatting in ghetto lingo and yawning w/o covering their mouths. Everywhere we went, there were no smiles on their faces, just boredom. There was only one cast member who was extremely friendly and that was in the candy shop on Main Street. I do not remember her name, but kudos to her professional demeanor.

• UnExiled Minion

It was just a few months ago when TDA was bribing ex-CM's to take a survey!

Clue-getting time: TDA, increase the freakin' wages!!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast