Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ever have this happen?

This is disneyland related, I swear!

I just got dumped by my long term girlfriend last week. It really stinks, but what is really bugging me almost as much as my broken heart is that because I took her to the park for her second time last year, I really do not want to go to the park again for quite some time, due to the memories now associated with it. Its not that I am never going to go again, but I usually try to go every 4 months or so. (I live in N. Ca.) anybody ever have something like this happen? (not getting dumped, but the association thing)

Re: Ever have this happen?

One time, my in-laws came on our Disneyland trip. One night, they stayed with the kids in the room and my husband and I went to the park by ourselves. All we did was talk about the kids and how they would like each thing we saw and did. I thought that I would not ever enjoy Disneyland again without them. But now that they are growing up (the youngest is seven, the oldest is 23), I can see how I will be able to enjoy Disneyland without them. I think you just need a little bit of time, PinBrian, and I'm hoping it's not long.

Quote Originally Posted by nemopoppins View Post
    One time, my in-laws came on our Disneyland trip. One night, they stayed with the kids in the room and my husband and I went to the park by ourselves. All we did was talk about the kids and how they would like each thing we saw and did. I thought that I would not ever enjoy Disneyland again without them. But now that they are growing up (the youngest is seven, the oldest is 23), I can see how I will be able to enjoy Disneyland without them. I think you just need a little bit of time, PinBrian, and I'm hoping it's not long.
    Me too! I NEED a HM fix, even if it is HMH

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Me too! I NEED a HM fix, even if it is HMH
    I'm sure a visit to the parks could help.. and some fun of a MC meet might help your situation and keep you distracted enough to enjoy it at the same time.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I had the same problem the first few times my ex and i broke up. every time i was at the park, id think about how much fun i had with him and blah blah. eventually over time i got over it.
    time is what it will take. for now, just go and experience it without her. you can have new memories.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

DL 's the happiest place on earth dont let an X ruin it for you, just look at the bright side and say yay Im at Disneyland.

My advise:

It's gonna be tough for you there for awhile. Just do what feels right. If you think or know you'll have a hard time going back to Disneyland without them...then don't go. Go ahead and give it a break. Don't force it or you might have longer term negative associations with Disneyland.

I know it's hard to imagine things getting better right now, but they will. And you'll know when it's right to go back and start new good memories again at Disneyland.

Disneyland will still be there when you're ready. Which shouldn't be too long.

• Circle of Ancients

(not getting dumped, but the association thing)
    You need to go and have a really great time asap. The new memories will get rid of all the bad associations! I promise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    You need to go and have a really great time asap. The new memories will get rid of all the bad associations! I promise!!!
    I am hoping to get there sometime in Dec, before the schools let out. But my job requires INTENSE travel, and as of now, I will not be home for more than one or two days at a time, until mid Dec. Seeing as how I am in N. Cali, I need some more time to go, one or two days just does not cut it

• Circle of Ancients

If you're there in mid Decmber, maybe I will meet you! I'm going from December 15-18!

Be sure to come to the noon hub meet on Sunday..there are so many wonderful people from Micechat who go there regularly!!!

• Sun Wheel survivor!

I just got dumped by my long term girlfriend last week. It really stinks, but what is really bugging me almost as much as my broken heart is that because I took her to the park for her second time last year, I really do not want to go to the park again for quite some time, due to the memories now associated with it. Its not that I am never going to go again, but I usually try to go every 4 months or so. (I live in N. Ca.) anybody ever have something like this happen? (not getting dumped, but the association thing)
    I understand your pain - but going to the park without her is the best thing you can do. Go and go again until the connection is disconnected. Your first visit will be the hardest (take some friends that make you laugh) - each one after that will be a little easier as you will have new memories that are not linked to her.
    Minnietoo

• Banned User

You'll be fine. Disneyland may have memories for you that will remind you of her, but you'll get past it quickly... though in some cases it will be certain foods that will remind you of her. *sigh* But the rides should be fine anyway, because you usually have been on the rides "before" her. It's the food that you ate while you were watching the fireworks is what really gets to ya. Heh heh.

• Oh my Goodness!

Yes, I've had memories that were hard to face at DL. Fights I've had with friends or broken relationships....but you know what? As others have said above, the new memories made will dim the old unpleasant memories. Honestly. Hope you come back soon! Take care!

• I'm not really here

There's more magic at Disneyland that just the kind that allows you to be a kid again. There's magic of all kinds. Magic to leave the world behind, magic to live out your dreams, and much more. I say go... yes, some memories will probably be brought to mind that you don't necessarily want, but let yourself go and soon it will pass. I've had similar experiences.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Oh my Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    There's more magic at Disneyland that just the kind that allows you to be a kid again. There's magic of all kinds. Magic to leave the world behind, magic to live out your dreams, and much more. I say go... yes, some memories will probably be brought to mind that you don't necessarily want, but let yourself go and soon it will pass. I've had similar experiences.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast