Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

? About "Restricted Admission" (Sold Out)

We arrived at the park Friday evening and encountered one of the most absolutely bizarre experiences we've ever had at DL. Now I have to know if the policy during "restricted admission periods" can really be this stupid.

When we arrived the signs saying "Disneyland is Full" were lit. The same thing happened last veterans day, though, and we had no trouble getting in with our AP's. So, we walked up to the gate and the CM asked if we had already been into the park. No. Had we been in DCA earlier? No. Well, then you can't come in because we're in a "restricted admission period." So, we walked over to DCA, got our passes scanned, walked back to DL to another gate and the CM said "have you been in either park already today?" Yes. And we went into DL without a problem.

Great way to pad DCA's numbers, I guess. Hey, if they start making all AP's enter DCA before being allowed into DL every day, DCA's numbers would look pretty good, huh?

• The Fantasyland guy

Re: ? About "Restricted Admission" (Sold Out)

I didn't like this policy because it targeted just AP's.

When you pay $350 for a passport, they shouldnt make you jumpthrough hoops. New ticket holders were not asked any qestions or turned away.

• Shubisha

Yeah that's pretty dumb. I wondered if they checked the different hand stamps and made sure to limit it to people who'd been in Disneyland already, then wondered what if someone went to DCA, got a hand stamp, into DL, back to DCA, then tried to go to DL when it was full since a handstamp wouldn't work for that..

But for the APs i figured it'd show up on their fancy shmancy new computer screens if they wanted it to.. Oh well, was an oversight on their part or something they're not prepared to deal with, not a bad policy.

New ticket holders were not asked any qestions or turned away.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Let's see, so when you were informed that DL was at capacity (the message being "The joint is full and we really hope you won't try cramming in there, too...") you deliberately did a '5-Minute In-and-Out' visit to DCA and went right back in line to get into a packed-to-capacity Disneyland.

Th Anaheim Fire Department has the final say on the safe level of crowds inside the park - if they say "Close the gates" the gates get closed, Period.

The whole idea is that they're trying to cut back on overcrowding at DL, not steer business to DCA. Well, that's not quite accurate - they are steering everyone over there, but only because there's still some room inside DCA for you.

I heard about all this craziness, and even though the BIHM premiere was tempting I decided to stay away for the weekend. Get in there with Dad and his ECV, and 'scary crowded' is not a nice thing to get involved with.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    When you pay $350 for a passport, they shouldnt make you jumpthrough hoops. New ticket holders were not asked any qestions or turned away.
    When you pay 80+ dollars for the day they shouldn't make you jump through any hoops either.

If you or anyone has an annual pass, why do you have to go on Veteran's Day weekend?

• The Fantasyland guy

Quote Originally Posted by tmshpkns View Post
    So if you already had a non-AP ticket they were letting you in without making you go to DCA first? If that's true, it's even more stupid than I thought.
    It is true... my friend went in ahead of me, he had not visited that day yet. No question or anything, they just let him in.

Me, I got questioned like I did something wrong or something.... "Have you been here before???"

Not very magic like if you ask me.

[QUOTE][was an oversight on their part or something they're not prepared to deal with, not a bad policy/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Both CM's very clearly asked if we had been in eitherpark, not if we had been in DL earlier.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

They really need more at DL if its getting that crowed. DL should never be too crowded meaning Disney needs to put more rides and shows in the park and take out HISTA and Innoventions and replace them with things people want to go in and see and ride. (also replace Pooh, Redo Toonown and bring back PM)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    When you pay 80+ dollars for the day they shouldn't make you jump through any hoops either.

If you or anyone has an annual pass, why do you have to go on Veteran's Day weekend?
    To visit friends from out of state that are spending their vacation there.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• The Fantasyland guy

The soultion is to fix the second gate.

Disneyland would no longer need to worry when people dont get upset for being forced into "the other park." Imagine, some day, Disneyland could be "the other park."

Let's see, so when you were informed that DL was at capacity (the message being "The joint is full and we really hope you won't try cramming in there, too...") you deliberately did a '5-Minute In-and-Out' visit to DCA and went right back in line to get into a packed-to-capacity Disneyland.
    Wow, didn't see myself getting grilled on this one, but hey, I must have done something wrong by a) showing up and b) wanting to go to the happiest place on earth instead of the parking lot across the street.

Anyway, easy answer to both of them. Believe it or not, not all AP's are locals. We actaully dropped a load of money between airfare, ground transport, hotel room, etc. to go for the long weekend, which both my wife and I happened to have off.

Oh, and once we did get it in, it was certainly not the busiest I have ever seen the park.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    They really need more at DL if its getting that crowed. DL should never be too crowded meaning Disney needs to put more rides and shows in the park and take out HISTA and Innoventions and replace them with things people want to go in and see and ride. (also replace Pooh, Redo Toonown and bring back PM)
    Even if they add more attractions and increase the park's capacity, there are still days when it will fill up. Not really relevant to the argument here.

I think they start turning away APs first, simply because it is assumed that people with APs can come back a bit more easily than people who are on regular passes. The tiered closure system actually makes a lot of sense, but it's complex as hell, and the level can change from minute to minute, which is why it's not published anywhere. The signs saying "Disneyland is full" should be enough of a clue that you might have trouble getting in. Silly laws of physics about two pieces of matter not being able to occupy the same space and whatnot.

• The Fantasyland guy

AP's are sometimes forced to drive long distances, just like regular ticket holders.

Just so everyone is clear: They stopped selling regular tickets first, while still letting in AP's. (This lead to a lot of AP sales.) Around 2:30, AP's were no longer let in. (People with tickets could still get in, but couldnt purchase any additional tickets to DL.)

If you already had a ticket, you could still get in.

So, if you didn't have a ticket, you were in the same boat as the AP's. Even though I feel that Ap's were singled out, they really were not.

[QUOTE][ think they start turning away APs first, simply because it is assumed that people with APs can come back a bit more easily than people who are on regular passes./QUOTE]

As an out-of-town AP holder, I think that's a horrible assumption. Are all AP's treated the same or are the various grades handled differently? Your argument makes sense with the passes that are only sold to locals, maybe.

And, as po'd as I would have been if I was unable to enter, I would have understood if they wouldn't allow me in after my detour. Either there is room in the park or there's not, why should it matter if I walked through DCA first? The post is really about the policy of forcing us into DCA and then immediately allowing us to come into DL afterward, not the tiered system as a whole.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast