Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 60 of 60
  1. #46

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Just to make it clear, it's Davy Jones and DavEy Crockett. (yes, it baffles me too)
    No...I think it's DaVy Crocket. I have a Davy Crocket dvd at home, and I have not seen an E in the name.

  2. #47

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Just to make it clear, it's Davy Jones and DavEy Crockett. (yes, it baffles me too)
    Be baffeld no more:


  3. #48

    • Jerm is Food...Not Friend
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Posts
    911

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Some of these are great ideas, but you have to remember it is really cool for us to see characers from our past... but have you ever seen how sad it looks when no one knows a character? At Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP they had Darkwing Duck and NO ONE knew who he was. They also have friar tuck out a lot during the normal days and people just get his picture cause he is a character. You have to remember that the more characters they have, the more the more characters they have to pay. Guest go to the park looking for the Fab 5, those are the main ones they want to see. Yes the Princess are high on the list but Mickey is the top mouse!


    J
    Kungaloosh!

    *END OF LINE*

  4. #49

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,364

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Be baffeld no more:


    I have been owned.

    Thank you for clearing that up for me.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  5. #50

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    49

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    I think there is enough characters in the park.

  6. #51

    • Keep that Zebra safe...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    38Miles from Disneyland (my TRUE home)
    Posts
    204

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Give me Zorro and I shall complain no more!

    There seem to be a lack of princes running about or characters for the ladies to enjoy while theres oodles of princesses running about for the lads.


    Disneyland Visits - 264
    DCA Visits - 52
    and counting...

  7. #52

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    49

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Zorro?? He is not really a disney character.

  8. #53

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I have been owned.

    Thank you for clearing that up for me.
    Dude, it's cool!

    Shoot - my first name is David - I've been called Davy for ages!

  9. #54

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,092

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    >>Zorro?? He is not really a disney character.<<

    Zorro is absolutely a Disney character as much as Alice, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Winnie-the-Pooh, Pollyanna, Uncle Remus or any other character adapted from another medium.

    The only problem is the rights reverted to the author's estate after Walt's death (he held the rights personally, not WDP). They were foolish not to pick up those rights, now he is controlled by a "Zorro, Inc." even though the initial Zorro novels are surely in public domain - - sort of like Tarzan who is owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs Inc, not Disney.

    Would you say Tarzan isn't a Disney character? If so, bring back Swiss Family Robinson!

  10. #55

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oakland CA
    Posts
    5,725
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Jessica Rabbit!!!!
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

  11. #56

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>Zorro?? He is not really a disney character.<<

    Zorro is absolutely a Disney character as much as Alice, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Winnie-the-Pooh, Pollyanna, Uncle Remus or any other character adapted from another medium.

    The only problem is the rights reverted to the author's estate after Walt's death (he held the rights personally, not WDP). They were foolish not to pick up those rights, now he is controlled by a "Zorro, Inc." even though the initial Zorro novels are surely in public domain - - sort of like Tarzan who is owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs Inc, not Disney.

    Would you say Tarzan isn't a Disney character? If so, bring back Swiss Family Robinson!

    These characters have existed in other markets. However it was Walt Disney that made them famous - therefore making them Disney Characters. However, TARZAN was famous before Disney....so when I think of Tarzan, I do not think "Disney". Therefore, I do not consider him a Disney Character - and furthermore, believe the Swiss Family Treehouse should be returned.

  12. #57

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,364

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Dude, it's cool!

    Shoot - my first name is David - I've been called Davy for ages!

    My first name is David too and I've been called Davey! Maybe that's where I got it screwed up.



    And now that Zorro is a Sony license, I doubt Disney would want to get in any legal trouble for having Zorro hop around.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  13. #58

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,092

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    >>These characters have existed in other markets. However it was Walt Disney that made them famous - therefore making them Disney Characters. However, TARZAN was famous before Disney....so when I think of Tarzan, I do not think "Disney". Therefore, I do not consider him a Disney Character - and furthermore, believe the Swiss Family Treehouse should be returned.<<

    ??? Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Winnie-the-Pooh, Pollyanna, Uncle Remus, Pinocchio... etc... were all VERY, VERY famous before Walt Disney ever had anything to do with them (though he made them even MORE famous, as he did Zorro and the WDC did with Tarzan).

  14. #59

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Morva in the Land of Prydain
    Posts
    4,439

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    ORWEN: I wonder why nobody ever wants to see us Cauldron girls out and about in the parks. I mean, we're Disney characters too, you know!!

    ORGOCH: One look at yerself's 'nuff ta make anybody's eyes shoot blood, fer one thing. 'Sides that, yer seen in public more than ya should be already. Best thing fer a body, like yerself, is ta just stay home an' stuff yer big fat face in private!

    ORDDU: Well, it's certain that nobody would want to be around a nasty old crone who constantly forgets to take her medication. But, speaking for myself, I'd be willing to stroll the park on a regular basis, exchanging addresses and receiving directions to the homes of any number of handsome hunks at the Happiest Place on Earth!!!

  15. #60

    • Yeah...I'm cool
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Glendale
    Posts
    2,874

    Re: Do you Think There Should Be New Characters in the Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Jessica Rabbit!!!!
    Yes.' yes, yes & Yes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Should Hollywood Studios add more non-Disney characters to the park?
    By Monkey joe in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 01:32 PM
  2. Disneyland Characters In The Park
    By cal4iri in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 08:11 AM
  3. Me As South Park Characters
    By Dan - Tasmic! in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 10:56 PM
  4. Disney Park Characters of Yesterland
    By Disney Wrassler in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 12:02 PM
  5. Finding characters throughout the park.
    By miniLYN in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 10:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •