Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mouse Trap!

• Minion

The Mouse Trap!

Two many Mickeys at once at Disneyland last Sunday!

From Main Street where Mickey was dressed in his Holiday ski wear, greeting guests at the plaza - - I then went directly to Storybook Land where Mickey was riding a boat in his usual host tuxedo.

Isn't this poor scheduling? Two Mickeys at once and in different outfits - - or are they just a groovy twin twosome that have met at camp and are pulling a clever switcheroo on us?

Does this duplicity threaten the Mickey illusion for kids who might notice the ruse? Or is he a quick change artist? How is this normally handled?

•   
    • I <3 o

Re: The Mouse Trap!

Mickey is a quick change artist extroirdinare(i know that isn't spelled right) haven't you seen him change like 5 times in Fantasmic? He's a giant mouse, he has skills.
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Yup...Freddie Mercury was his sole disciple, and boy did he learn from the greatest. Mickey is just a speed demon when it comes to changing costumes and making appearances

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

I don't think it's a problem at all for the wee little ones who don't realize yet that the BIG MOUSE is really a small person inside. In fact I think it's a good thing because it gives the wee ones more opportunity to see the big cheese. If they don't happen to be in the one area where Mickey is hangin out, they might miss him.
    Gawrsh !!

• The pride is back.

Mickey's magical. He doesn't have to follow the same rules as the rest of us. He can be one place and then *SNAP* he's over there.

• Banned User

didn't you know mickey's evil twin Mortimer loves storybook canal boats...

• Practically Perfect

I've walked across the park and seen two Pooh's within a small time frame. I thought it was a bit odd, but I guess the kids don't really mind. I could see why they'd do that for the more popular characters.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post

From Main Street where Mickey was dressed in his Holiday ski wear, greeting guests at the plaza - - I then went directly to Storybook Land where Mickey was riding a boat in his usual host tuxedo.

Isn't this poor scheduling? Two Mickeys at once and in different outfits - - or are they just a groovy twin twosome that have met at camp and are pulling a clever switcheroo on us?

Does this duplicity threaten the Mickey illusion for kids who might notice the ruse? Or is he a quick change artist? How is this normally handled?
    Funny mention of the "camp switcheroo idea" - my favorite movie, of which you refer.

Anyway, i think that they should only have ONE character on stage at one time.

•   

He secrectly disguises all of his costumes under one another and just takes the outer costume off...........He's an amazing multitasker too by the way!

• Huh?

They probably aren't Mickey. After all, it's been quite a while since Morty and Ferdie Fieldmouse were born. They haven't been seen in a long while, either.... it must be them!
    -Tim

• Minion

>>They probably aren't Mickey. After all, it's been quite a while since Morty and Ferdie Fieldmouse were born. They haven't been seen in a long while, either.... it must be them!<<

That is the best answer of all... Of course Morty and Ferdie need work as doubles for Unca Mickey at Disneyland!

And for all the other parks they have trained an army of those mouse Orphans, some who wear crossgender makeup for Minnie! Since there is only enough budget for one winter outfit at every park, they have to toss a coin at the beginning of each shift. The two-out-of-three losers have to work over at DCA in the aloha shirt.

The real Mickey was imprisoned for years in the dungeon of the Team Disney Burbank dwarf building. But he was freed by Iger after the revolution and is now recuperating with occaisional appearances in Anaheim for attraction openings, commemorations, TV appearances and the Candlelight Service.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Dont forget about Mickey house he's always there too
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post

There is only one Mickey. You were not in both places at the same time, how could you say Mickey was? All he merely had to do was move faster than you and do a quick little change.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

In the years before ToonTown...there was an absoulute law at Disneyland: No more than one Mickey could be onstage anywhere in the Park at any one time.

Didn't matter if Mickey was to appear over in Bear Country while another one was way over in Town Square. Only one onstage in the Park at any one time. Period.

This Disneyland rule was so strictly enforced, that even the Mickey appearing up at Club 33 had to wait backstage for the "green light" that Town Square Mickey had just left the stage! Or that Mickey wasn't making an appearance in a parade at that time.

When ToonTown opened with it's Mickey's Movie Barn and the constant meet-the-big-cheese assembly line...that rule was obviously changed to make an exception for that. What more might have happened to that rule since then by management that just doesn't care or doesn't see what the big deal is...I have no idea.

• Minion

>>In the years before ToonTown...there was an absoulute law at Disneyland: No more than one Mickey could be onstage anywhere in the Park at any one time.<<

That's what I thought! They had different ones for shows, parades and such, but their appearances always seemed to have been tightly co-ordinated. Not so now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast