Tree Lighting Ceremony?

Greetings all,

Will they be doing the Tree Lighting Ceremony? I've heard they've done it in the past. I've seen Florida's version and it's wonderful...singers and dancers. Is Dland's similar or is it just a countdown and flick the switch kind of thing?

• Shubisha

Re: Tree Lighting Ceremony?

Disneyland's just sort of plays a little music and lights up.

• Premium Youngling and

When is it?

• Basking in birthday love

Last year's version included the Mayor of Main Street, Mickey, and a small band. The Mayor would choose a kid out of the crowd who would help light the tree. Took less than ten minutes. When they don't do that, the Voice of God comes on and tells everyone to say "Happy Holidays" on the count of three, and the tree lights up. No fuss, no muss.

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    Last year's version included the Mayor of Main Street, Mickey, and a small band. The Mayor would choose a kid out of the crowd who would help light the tree. Took less than ten minutes. When they don't do that, the Voice of God comes on and tells everyone to say "Happy Holidays" on the count of three, and the tree lights up. No fuss, no muss.
    LOL!!
    "Keep Moving Forward."

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    Oh is that what last year's special ceremonies were all about?

I missed all of the special lighting ceremonies last year, and apparently they were important enough to note in the official schedule.

This year there's nothing in the official schedule other than the Small World Lighting Moment at 4:57 pm each evening....which is funny because Small World isn't doing the extensive projection show they did last year, supposedly.

Even if it isn't an extensive ceremony worth noting in the Schedule, they still might let people know what time it's gonna occur.

I love to see lights come on. In Vegas, I always sit by my hotel window, waiting to see when the lights first come on, each evening.

It's kind of a special thing.

But, you have to know what time is sundown I guess, and I don't know if lights are always synchronized with the sunset.

They really should publicize what time the lights will go on, and hopefully stagger all the tree lightings so a guest could, perhaps, see each one.